Junior (MLB Documentary)

1,182 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bunk Moreland
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just started watching this. One of my favorite players of all time. Thought others might enjoy as well

Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
AgBQ-00
AG
Still think he would have shattered every record if the injuries had not happened so often. Good watch for those of us who were kids in the 80's and 90's
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Bunk Moreland
Was a fantastic look at his life. Interesting to watch it during the Floyd protests and fallout, and this current era of victimhood.

Grew up in a nothing town before his dad made the Reds, little money, just their family helping each other, working hard, making sure everyone ate...no complaining. Then when his dad goes to NY he has to deal with being raised most of the year just by his mom and overcoming that, which ultimately led to his decision to leave Seattle when he was a player so he could be near his family.

What a novel concept. Strong sense of family & hard work.
TheAngelFlight
Quote:

What a novel concept. Strong sense of family & hard work.
That's not novel at all. What is much more unique is that Ken Griffey Sr. and Ken Griffey Jr. had generational god given physical talents.

Folks should follow Ken Griffey Jr.'s recent advice and listen; not look for every reason not to listen.

How glad are you to see more players speaking out on social issues like Black Lives Matter?
"I think people just have to listen. There are so many stories that Black ballplayers have gone through. I've gone through my share of things. Not to harp on it, but the time is to sit and listen. I can't put myself in anybody's shoes and I don't want somebody to put themselves in my shoes. I just want them to listen and talk about it so we can make it better, not only for my generation but the generations that are coming behind me."

https://www.mlb.com/news/ken-griffey-jr-discusses-documentary
Bunk Moreland
I was being facetious with the use of the world novel. Yes they had generational talents but Ken Sr was strong-willed, refused to be a victim, understood the importance of family and hard work. And it wore off on Junior.

I'm also not telling people 'not' to listen. Just that it's refreshing to see a great family of now multiple generations succeed like they all have through focusing on family and hard work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.