Ugliest MLB Stadium - Discuss.

4,929 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slamn Sharpe
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do you think is the ugliest MLB stadium?
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
TexAgs1992
Tropicana Dome followed by the Oakland Coliseum.
Gap
AG
A new stadium in the running:

Gap
AG
Tropicana Field:

Oakland:

W
AG
Oakland at least has the classic 1970's look
bluefire579
AG
Oakland is definitely up there. Went there a couple of years back just to strike it from the list and it's just awful.

It especially adds to the ugliness when you hop across the bay to Oracle Park, which was one of my favorites to visit, complete with stunning view of the waterfront.
astros4545
AG
Oakland's new stadium mock ups look fantastic though
Farmer1906
AG
Looks more like BBall Arena.

Its got multipurpose written all over it.
West Point Aggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

And it's an awesome place to watch a ballgame...got to see the Blue Jays play the Mariners there. Amazing sound system and the whole area around it is quite lively.
West Point Aggie
AG
Dp
Farmer1906
AG
Lots of foul territory and seats far from the action, but I will take your word for it.
Marvin
AG
Gap said:

Tropicana Field:

The Trop looks like a Cirque du Soleil tent.
Marvin
AG
Gap said:

I'm still trying to understand what the hell the Rangers were thinking with this. It reminds me of an old Goodyear blimp hangar.
Mathguy64
AG
Marvin said:

Gap said:

Tropicana Field:

The Trop looks like a Cirque du Soleil tent.

Paint the gray parts of the tent hot pink and you have the old Circus Circus in Vegas
West Point Aggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lots of foul territory and seats far from the action, but I will take your word for it.

And it is a retractable roof stadium that is NOT ugly...unlike, you know! I sat behind home plate, front row, second deck...it was not exactly a playoff atmosphere that year in TO...and tickets were plentiful!
CampingAg
AG
astros4545 said:

Oakland's new stadium mock ups look fantastic though
Oakland has had new stadium mock ups for twenty years.
wbt5845
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

And it's an awesome place to watch a ballgame...got to see the Blue Jays play the Mariners there. Amazing sound system and the whole area around it is quite lively.
It is a fantastic place to watch a game. One of my favorite places to visit.
agsalaska
AG
If there is one thing baseball has done right in my lifetime it is ballparks.

Wish I would have been able to get to Comiskey and Tiger stadium.

I've only been to five active stadiums including the Ballpark In Arlington. Sea, LAA, Hou, Tex, and Wrigley. All five were a blast.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
The winner as the most miserable MLB stadium to watch a game from in the summer had to be Colt Stadium in Houston, home of the Colt .45's. The heat and humidity at day games was terrible and, at the night games, the mosquitoes would be out in force; It was kind of neat to see the Astrodome being built from that vantage point, though. The field was huge, 360 down the lines and 420 to center.
bluefire579
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

The winner as the most miserable MLB stadium to watch a game from in the summer had to be Colt Stadium in Houston, home of the Colt .45's. The heat and humidity at day games was terrible and, at the night games, the mosquitoes would be out in force; It was kind of neat to see the Astrodome being built from that vantage point, though. The field was huge, 360 down the lines and 420 to center.
Thank you to you and everyone else during that period for that little experiment that only served to drive the wonderful innovation of an air conditioned baseball watching experience.
agproducer
AG
Oakland Coliseum is hot garbage. I caught a game there a couple years ago. It's old and falling apart. The fans and weather made for a fun experience, but the stadium is straight trash.
TexAg91
AG
Been to Wrigley, New Yankee Stadium, Coors, Astrodome, Minute Maid, Petco (San Diego), Arlington Stadium, Ameritrade, New Comiskey, Turner Field, and Camden Yards. While I live in Houston and love Minute Maid, Camden Yards is my favorite. Really liked Petco - was fun taking a ferry to the game from Coronado Island.

Did not care for New Comiskey or New Yankee

Next up is Rangers, Atlanta, Boston, SF, and LA.
WoMD
agproducer said:

Oakland Coliseum is hot garbage. I caught a game there a couple years ago. It's old and falling apart. The fans and weather made for a fun experience, but the stadium is straight trash.

This. I actually love going to the games in the coliseum. While at&t (I won't call it oracle) is beautiful with incredible scenery (and easier for me to get to since I'm in SF), in some ways i enjoy the As games more. The few fans that go to the games are die hard and it's obvious they love the game and the team, and are just happy to be there watching baseball. To me, they're better fans than who go to the giants games, possibly due to the huge cost difference, and this contributes to the experience. Also, it's a lot warmer in Oakland, so games often are more comfortable because of that.

While they're literally polar opposites in quality of stadium, it sounds strange, but I prefer the experience in Oakland. If I only went to one game when in from out of town, I'd go to At&T. But if you live here and want to go to games regularly, I'd probably get season tickets if I lived in Oakland. They're just damn fun games to go to.
agproducer
AG
WoMD said:

agproducer said:

This. I actually love going to the games in the coliseum. While at&t (I won't call it oracle) is beautiful with incredible scenery (and easier for me to get to since I'm in SF), in some ways i enjoy the As games more. The few fans that go to the games are die hard and it's obvious they love the game and the team, and are just happy to be there watching baseball. To me, they're better fans than who go to the giants games, possibly due to the huge cost difference, and this contributes to the experience. Also, it's a lot warmer in Oakland, so games often are more comfortable because of that.

While they're literally polar opposites in quality of stadium, it sounds strange, but I prefer the experience in Oakland. If I only went to one game when in from out of town, I'd go to At&T. But if you live here and want to go to games regularly, I'd probably get season tickets if I lived in Oakland. They're just damn fun games to go to.
I can see that. The experience at the coliseum is fun. The facilities are horrible. I was there for a day game. It was sunny and about 65 degrees. It was perfect.
WoMD
agproducer said:

WoMD said:

agproducer said:

I can see that. The experience at the coliseum is fun. The facilities are horrible. I was there for a day game. It was sunny and about 65 degrees. It was perfect.

But there's something about peeing in a trough squeezed in with a group of drunk fans that makes all the rest of its deficiencies forgivable. Now that's a game day experience we can all appreciate.
double aught
AG
Quote:

While at&t (I won't call it oracle)
This is kind of an odd flex, since AT&T isn't the original name either.
WoMD
double aught said:

Quote:

It's been At&T the entire time I've lived here (since 2011). It's more of a habit than intentional. Just like in Houston it was Enron for awhile after, and occasionally it still is.
Longhorn Nation
Though I've never been there, I'd have to agree that Tropicana is the current worst.

I've been to a bunch of multi-purpose stadiums that served as baseball stadiums (Astrodome, The Vet, 3 Rivers, Jack Murphy ...) and the problem with those were the seats are often pointed towards the middle of the field so if you're sitting down the lines, you spend a lot of time watching the game with your head turned.

Best stadiums I've been to (not necessarily in order):
Wrigley & Fenway - just because of the history
Camden Yards
PNC
Candlestick (day game) - I also went to a night game in July and froze my ass off (would put a night game among the worst stadiums)
Minute Maid with the roof open
scd88
AG
The Trop is terrible.

My favorite is Camden Yards. I grew up going to the Astrodome and, in 1995, I went to a game at Camden and was sold on the concept of a new baseball stadium in HOU. I love the juice box, too; but I'm a homer.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
I've been to citi field, new yankee stadium and minute maid.

Those are all three exceptional parks, and I HATE the yankees, but we had some suite tickets and it was extremely nice. Also cool to see the old stadium diamond where some big name dudes stood.

Citi field is small, i was kind of suprised but their mezzazine, or box seats are the best ive seen. They bring in local iconic restaurants food and is a really nice experience. ( my father in law has a sister who works for SNY that's why I've been lucky to have such amazing seats in the state of new york)

Minute maid's expansion has really created a better game day experience imho. It used to be kind of bland on the interior but the new restaurants and the experience is amazing, maybe it's also because winning the world series.

Citifield looks the best of the three, but for a team in queens, i thought it would be alot bigger. Parking is alot easier there too.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
agproducer
AG
WoMD said:

double aught said:

Quote:

It's been At&T the entire time I've lived here (since 2011). It's more of a habit than intentional. Just like in Houston it was Enron for awhile after, and occasionally it still is.
I still have an Enron Field hat... somewhere.
Slamn Sharpe
Gap said:

at least be completely honest, though I can appreciate a good troll

Slamn Sharpe
Example of a ugly stadium/dome

trash can lid

inside the trash can
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.