Texas Rangers new stadium getting roasted on Twitter

5,837 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
maver1ck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a Rangers fan, I can't argue with a single one of these tweets. The outside of the stadium fits our regular season record.

But hey, at least there's air conditioning

_lefraud_
AG
Do you live ALL your life four days behind?
maver1ck
AG
_lefraud_ said:

I don't see another thread on it.... not everyone here spends time on Twitter.
West Point Aggie
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Brutal
monarch
S
That place is ugly.
WestTexasAg
AG
Hard to believe we left a beautiful ballpark and moved across parking lot to this.
_lefraud_
AG
As much as I hate to even suggest it, they really just need to tear down the ballpark. Seeing it's timeless facade as you drive up to the "new" stadium just makes you kind of sick.
Seven Costanza
AG
_lefraud_ said:

As much as I hate to even suggest it, they really just need to tear down the ballpark. Seeing it's timeless facade as you drive up to the "new" stadium just makes you kind of sick.
Has there ever been a new stadium that was immediately almost universally recognized as being worse than the stadium that it was replacing?
Mr. White
New Comiskey?
AustinAg2K
Mr. White said:

New Comiskey?

New Comisky was generally thought to be a terrible stadium, but also, Old Comisky was generally thought to be a terrible stadium. In The Rangers' case, most everyone thought The Ballpark was a pretty good stadium. Everyone I know was kind of shocked when they all of a sudden announced they were replacing it.
double aught
AG
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2020/06/the-best-documentary-ever-made-about-the-texas-rangers-new-stadium/

A guy made a documentary on how the new ballpark came to be. The team and, probably more so, city leadership took Arlington taxpayers for a ride. And to add insult to injury, the old place was better.
erudite
double aught said:

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2020/06/the-best-documentary-ever-made-about-the-texas-rangers-new-stadium/

A guy made a documentary on how the new ballpark came to be. The team and, probably more so, city leadership took Arlington taxpayers for a ride. And to add insult to injury, the old place was better.
They still haven't won a world series yet. Hell, I've gotten into top tier little league tournaments at least twice! I'm not even good compared to most people back then!

Maybe actually win the game instead of spending money on shiny stadiums. Cowboys at least one one superbowl....
PatAg
AG
erudite said:

double aught said:

They still haven't won a world series yet. Hell, I've gotten into top tier little league tournaments at least twice! I'm not even good compared to most people back then!

Maybe actually win the game instead of spending money on shiny stadiums. Cowboys at least one one superbowl....
Good one
i is smart
AG
How many change orders were issued on that damn project?
Dallasag02
AG
Ban Cow Gas said:

How many change orders were issued on that damn project?

The one that replaced the glass facade with Hefty Cinch Sacks was the real killer. It wasn't great before, but that did it.
The Lost
Rockies getting in on the action

Dunn4
AG
I'd rather get roasted on the twitters than get roasted sitting in seat that's subject to the full brunt of the Texas heat. Plus "The Barn" is a cool nickname for a stadium located in Texas IMO

Go Rangers!!
redline248
AG
Losers deleted the tweet
wangus12
AG
Fans will lovingly know it as the Hate Barn
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Ugly AF stadium and the local taxpayers end up grabbing their ankles for the next 20 years. Im so glad I moved out of Texas with all the low information people that live there.
Dunn4
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

Ugly AF stadium and the local taxpayers end up grabbing their ankles for the next 20 years. Im so glad I moved out of Texas with all the low information people that live there.
So you live in a place now where everyone is sooo knowledgeable and up to date about local politics and the ongoings of the your particular city?
powerbelly
AG
I still can't believe the people of Arlington keep voting for stadiums, but still haven't demended a public transport system.
CampingAg
AG
Dunn4 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

So you live in a place now where everyone is sooo knowledgeable and up to date about local politics and the ongoings of the your particular city?

Lol yes, please enlighten us on this magical place of all high IQ people.

Also, I'm a Ranger fan and thought the tweet was funny FWIW.
Dallasag02
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

I think the stadium sucks, but this may the the most insufferable post I've ever read on here. My eyes rolled so hard I'm stuck posting this upside down.
Hamburger Dan
I took a tour of the new stadium, last weekend. Yep, from the outside, it's not as attractive as other parks. But as I sit in AC comfort watching a game, I won't be thinking of what the outside looks like. The inside of the park has good sight lines, fans are closer to the field, seats are bigger and have more leg room and the amenities are way better. If they can once again, field a competitive team, that place will rocking in July, August, and September.
That is if fans are ever allowed to attend again.
wbt5845
AG
The Architects can sit around and gripe about the exterior aesthetics all day long. I don't care. The inside where I'm going to be is beautiful and air-conditioned and looks awesome.
wbt5845
AG
Furthermore - I posit all retractable roof stadia are ugly on the outside cause - you know - THEY GOT A ROOF.

(p.s. - notice how the "it looks just like Enron Field" claims dry up when people wanna say Globe Life field is ugly?)

BarryProfit
Hamburger Dan said:

I took a tour of the new stadium, last weekend. Yep, from the outside, it's not as attractive as other parks. But as I sit in AC comfort watching a game, I won't be thinking of what the outside looks like. The inside of the park has good sight lines, fans are closer to the field, seats are bigger and have more leg room and the amenities are way better. If they can once again, field a competitive team, that place will rocking in July, August, and September.
That is if fans are ever allowed to attend again.

You don't have choose between the two. You can have a nice retractable roof stadium that doesn't look like dog sheet on the outside.
BarryProfit
Also this thread ignores that the new stadium also has FAKE GRASS.

You can't shine this turd no matter how hard you try. It sucks.
wbt5845
AG
BarryProfit said:

Then don't go, I.M. Pei. I'm a season ticket holder and resident of Arlington and I love it.
BarryProfit
To each his own. It's just odd that you are defending what is quite obviously a substandard outcome. It doesn't even resemble the proposed design.
double aught
AG
BarryProfit said:

This part really burns me up. So unprofessional.

And if I remember right, it wasn't revealed until well into the construction process.
_lefraud_
AG
CampingAg said:

Dunn4 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

My guess is Denver...or worse, a Denver suburb
redline248
AG
_lefraud_ said:

CampingAg said:

Dunn4 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

My guess is Denver...or worse, a Denver suburb
Definitely is not the case
Not a Bot
AG
The folks who designed the Chernobyl sarco****us are going to be really pissed.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.