***** Official 2020 TEX vs HOU Trash Talking Thread *****

41,047 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Carlo4
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grapesoda2525 said:

garrettc16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

8 postseason wins this year. How many year do you have to count back to find 8 for y'all?

Got the COVID pity spot in the playoffs and got on a little hot streak. Congrats. When's the banner going to be hung?
You know what makes it worse?

I looked at their threads over the summer and most of their fans were too stupid to realize that they needed the Covid pity spot. The vast majority of Astros fans were raging mad that the playoffs were expanded because it would make the championship harder to get.

Dumb azz arrogance at its finest.
I find it highly amusing that a fan of any Metroplex pro sports team would call any other fan base arrogant.
TarponChaser
AustinAg2012 said:

29-31 in a 60-game, pandemic-shortened season. No business being in the postseason, but luckily got hot once there. Gotta love how the Rays got their hopes up the last four games, only to crush them with one of their own (Morton) in the end. Couldn't have happened to a classier organization, the cheating Asstros, who still haven't won anything without the help of trashcans. Such arrogance from their core players, serves them right!

And I'm not even a Rangers fan.

The utter stupidity of this post cannot be overstated.

I all likelihood, a regular season means none of the injuries occur because the guys get a full spring training and not whatever bull**** they had. Plus, Joe Smith doesn't opt out. Even if they start slow they've got 6 months to get right, not 2.
Deluxe
AG
Haha yea. It's just a really bad take. If your trash talk is "haha you almost made the world series in a rebuilding year but you didn't do great in a 60 game sample regular season when you were breaking in rookie pitchers", you probably need to re-think some things.
Mike Elko
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

29-31 in a 60-game, pandemic-shortened season. No business being in the postseason, but luckily got hot once there. Gotta love how the Rays got their hopes up the last four games, only to crush them with one of their own (Morton) in the end. Couldn't have happened to a classier organization, the cheating Asstros, who still haven't won anything without the help of trashcans. Such arrogance from their core players, serves them right!

You live in Austin willingly, nobody cares what you think.

Whatever helps you sleep at night in that ****hole city known as Houston. The armpit of Texas... Congrats! You loser cheaters are hysterical.
Farmer1906
AG
Y'all are so angry. I don't blame you. I'd be pissed too if I sucked that bad with no real plan of ever competing.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Deluxe said:

AustinAg2012 said:

The rules that everyone agreed to at the beginning of the season said the top two teams in each division make the playoffs. The Astros knew they weren't going to finish behind the Angels, Rangers or Mariners (even in a worst case scenario), so they threw their rookie pitchers in high leverage spots. It was painful to watch and led to a handful of losses, but it paid big dividends in the playoffs.

Had the playoff rules been the same as a normal season, or there was a wrinkle to the rules that said you have to be .500 or better to earn a spot, the Astros would have re-shuffled their pitching staff to do so. They just wouldn't have been able lean on guys like Taylor, Javier and Paredes (not to mention Framber and Urquidy) in the playoffs.

If anything, the Astros deserve alot of credit for perfectly optimizing the development of their young pitching and winning enough games to get into the playoffs. The scary thing for the rest of the league is that this was basically a rebuilding year. No Verlander. No Yordan. Lost Cole and basically entire bullpen. Tons of innings from rookie pitchers. Offense took a while to heat up. And they STILL came within a game of the World Series. Must be hurtful for you.

It's over folks. This is peak delusion. Yeah, we lost games, but it's only because we decided to lose games. If we had really wanted to we could have magically shuffled our roster and won games instead.

On a further note, y'all are getting a giggle that there's *stros talk in the Ranger thread, when the longest paragraph in the OP of your off-season thread is an ode to Rangers fans that obviously haunt your every moment.

Thanks for keeping me entertained fellas, I mean it.
03_Aggie
garrettc16 said:

Deluxe said:

AustinAg2012 said:

The rules that everyone agreed to at the beginning of the season said the top two teams in each division make the playoffs. The Astros knew they weren't going to finish behind the Angels, Rangers or Mariners (even in a worst case scenario), so they threw their rookie pitchers in high leverage spots. It was painful to watch and led to a handful of losses, but it paid big dividends in the playoffs.

Had the playoff rules been the same as a normal season, or there was a wrinkle to the rules that said you have to be .500 or better to earn a spot, the Astros would have re-shuffled their pitching staff to do so. They just wouldn't have been able lean on guys like Taylor, Javier and Paredes (not to mention Framber and Urquidy) in the playoffs.

If anything, the Astros deserve alot of credit for perfectly optimizing the development of their young pitching and winning enough games to get into the playoffs. The scary thing for the rest of the league is that this was basically a rebuilding year. No Verlander. No Yordan. Lost Cole and basically entire bullpen. Tons of innings from rookie pitchers. Offense took a while to heat up. And they STILL came within a game of the World Series. Must be hurtful for you.

It's over folks. This is peak delusion. Yeah, we lost games, but it's only because we decided to lose games. If we had really wanted to we could have magically shuffled our roster and won games instead.

On a further note, y'all are getting a giggle that there's *stros talk in the Ranger thread, when the longest paragraph in the OP of your off-season thread is an ode to Rangers fans that obviously haunt your every moment.

When you don't realize that you are exactly that of which you speak.
Poot
This is a down years for the Astros.... must suck to be a Ranger fan.
Deluxe
AG
garrettc16 said:

Deluxe said:

AustinAg2012 said:

You don't think that throwing rookie pitchers into high leverage spots effected the Astros regular season W-L? And you don't think getting rookie pitchers experience in high leverage paid dividends for the Astros in the playoffs?

PEAK delusion.

EDIT: On second thought, this isn't really worth arguing about. The Astros were one game away from the World Series in a rebuilding year and that's hurtful for you. How's the Rangers rebuild going?
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

garrettc16 said:

Deluxe said:

AustinAg2012 said:

You don't think that throwing rookie pitchers into high leverage spots effected the Astros regular season W-L? And you don't think getting rookie pitchers experience in high leverage paid dividends for the Astros in the playoffs?

PEAK delusion.

EDIT: On second thought, this isn't really worth arguing about. The Astros were one game away from the World Series in a rebuilding year and that's hurtful for you. How's the Rangers rebuild going?
I am still unsure if its started or not.
Deluxe
AG
Yea. They're starting to remind me of the 11-13 Astros, except they don't really have a long term plan or a clear path out of the cellar. Maybe I should be a little more sympathetic to their fans. Must be tough.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

AustinAg2012 said:

You live in Austin willingly, nobody cares what you think.

Whatever helps you sleep at night in that ****hole city known as Houston. The armpit of Texas... Congrats! You loser cheaters are hysterical.
I don't live in Houston. Good call with the "loser cheaters" burn. Your 4th grade teacher must be proud of your ability to combine words like that.
South Platte
Good lord this thread has really brought out the best in everybody. I'm happy the Astros lost like everybody in the country outside of Harris county, but the season is over. Astros were pretty impressive over the past couple of weeks, so tip of the cap to them for doing what they did. No one outside their club believed they could go on this kind of run. I'd say they proved everybody wrong. Other than Cintron, they represented their organization very well during the season and playoffs and mostly kept their mouths shut and played baseball.

I'd certainly have loved to see them get run-ruled vs. Minnesota, but us haters will have to settle for seeing George Springer standing in the on-deck circle when game 7 ended, knowing (hoping?) that he'll never play another game in an Astros jersey.

03_Aggie
I get the feeling a lot of people outside of Harris county spent more time watching the Astros in hopes of seeing them lose than they did their own team hoping to see them actually win.
Marvin
AG
Getting close to that time, Farmer. The 2021 thread is imminent.

Do our royal blue Aggie brethren have it in them to participate this year? The "at least we never tanked" peanut gallery might not appear, but hopefully we get some GOOD-NATURED ribbing to keep us all entertained.

Still the old thread, but here are two questions to ponder while we wait...

• What's the O/U on separation by season's end- 29 games, give or take? It the Rangers don't lose 100 they are doing it wrong, haha.
  • Are the Rangers really considering Odor for third base? I mean, isn't he so much better than Altuve at second? Hmmmmmmmmm.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
hawk1689
AG
03_Aggie said:

I get the feeling a lot of people outside of Harris county spent more time watching the Astros in hopes of seeing them lose than they did their own team hoping to see them actually win.

Nobody watches the Astros outside of Harris County.
BMX Bandit
hawk1689 said:

03_Aggie said:

Nobody watches the Astros outside of Harris County.

No one watches Rangers outside the city of Arlington
hawk1689
AG
Don't care. Astros fans think their "dynasty" is Aerosmith when everyone else sees them as Milli Vanilli.
03_Aggie
hawk1689 said:

Don't care. Astros fans think their "dynasty" is Aerosmith when everyone else sees them as Milli Vanilli.

At least they have an album. Rangers best years seen like

v
tjack16
AG
Since the Last time the Rangers made the playoffs: October 2016

- Sumlin was 6-0 rolling into Tuscaloosa
- 2 presidential elections have happened
- Tom Brady has won 3 more Super Bowls
mwm
MLB channel is re-playing the rangers' 2011 collapse to St. Louis. I love it.
IronAg45
AG
As much as you love trashcans?
JWinTX
mwm said:

Washington's title in 2019 was also fun to watch...
Marvin
AG
JWinTX said:

mwm said:

Washington's title in 2019 was also fun to watch...

Not for me... that one hurt.
Marvin
AG
IronAg45 said:

As much as your team loved trashcans?

FIFY since, ya know, it wasn't the fans doing it. I get this is all the talk you got these days, but let's get it right.
Panama Red
AG
IronAg45 said:

As much as you love trashcans?
Beating trash cans better than beating off teammates like your Rangers do.
IronAg45
AG
Sounds like you enjoyed that more than they did. No one will remember some dumbass minor leaguers being nasty, but everyone will remember y'alls fraudulent championship is forever tainted.
Farmer1906
AG
Our what?

Oh, one of these.

IronAg45
AG
Don't forget the giant asterisk! I bet it just chaps your ass that the Dodgers 2020 COVID championship is seen as more legitimate than the asstros.
Farmer1906
AG
Not even a little.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
byfLuger41
Marvin
AG
You just can't find anybody to play with you, huh? Every neighborhood had a kid like that...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I look forward to playing against Roughned Odors brother, Roughned Odor this year. Better than Altuve, I hear.
Cromagnum
AG
LOL. Good job blowing that lead with Kansas City.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.