Goodbye pitchers hitting

2,123 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wbt5845
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll happily take a reduced season to end the atrocity of having pitchers try and hit. No way after two years of DH in the NL they go back.
Trucker 96
Should have ended as soon as interleague play began, and ESPECIALLY once they balanced the leagues with 15 in each, requiring at least one interleague series to be going every day of the season.
jkag89
You poor DH fans (Im assuming your favorite team is in the AL) had to suffer a whole 8 games a season, 12 if your team was in a World Series that went a full 7 games and four of the games in the NL park. Oh the horror.

I knew it was only a mater of time but it still make me sad.
ORAggieFan
jkag89 said:

You poor DH fans (Im assuming your favorite team is in the AL) had to suffer a whole 8 games a season, 12 if your team was in a World Series that went a full 7 games and four of the games in the NL park. Oh the horror.

Yeah, I only watch one team......

Nothing like changing rules from high school, college and minors for just half the teams in the majors.
Farmer1906
AG
jkag89 said:

I was an NL purist for a long time. When the Astros were forced to the AL, I was pissed. However, the DH is absolutely the way to go. I have repented and am 100% believer in the AL way. It's nonsense that the NL requires more strategy. This is good for the sport.
jkag89
Quote:

It's nonsense that the NL requires more strategy.
Where did I present this in my post? I am not a purist in that I can still enjoy the Game with the DH, I have for decades at the college level. I simply stated it makes me sad. If NL fans prefer a more traditional form of the baseball, why force the change? I find the uniformity argument inane because it can be addressed by requiring the DH in all interleague games, the All-Star Game and the World Series, The MLB baseball I watch beyond that in which involves the Astros is usually NL contest because I still enjoy games sans the DH.

Quote:

Nothing like changing rules from high school, college and minors for just half the teams in the majors.
Um, it wasn't the NL that changed the rule.
_lefraud_
AG
ORAggieFan
Wasn't suggesting they changed it, just that it changes.
Corporal Punishment
AG
I always got a good chuckle out of the 1 out sac bunt.
BTKAG97
AG
jkag89 said:

If NL fans prefer a more traditional form of the baseball
Resistance to change is typically due to ignorance rather than nostalgia.
wbt5845
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I was an NL purist for a long time. When the Astros were forced to the AL, I was pissed. However, the DH is absolutely the way to go. I have repented and am 100% believer in the AL way. It's nonsense that the NL requires more strategy. This is good for the sport.
I have seen this sentiment over and over again - "I preferred the pitcher hitting until I got a taste of just how boring it was".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.