I need help in settling this dilemma between Houston and Dallas

2,347 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AustinAg2K
tancroom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JABQ04
AG
Pick one and go for it. Don't be that poosay who says "as long as it's a Texas team...".
Proposition Joe
Loyalty to cheaters and losers.
expresswrittenconsent
Your desperate need for approval and inability to make decisions is the bigger concern.
BMX Bandit
Proposition Joe said:

thats what he's asking. Can he have loyalty to Astros and Rangers.

Ag_07
AG
Man the F up and make your own decision. Be a big boy!

If you wanna root for the Astros root for the Astros.
If you wanna root for the Rangers root for the Rangers.
If you wanna root for the Texans...ok but who the F wants to willingly do that?
If you wanna root for the Cowboys root for the Cowboys.

You're a grown man. Do what the F you want.
DallasAg 94
_lefraud_
AG
I use to think so too, until I got to A&M. Asstro d-bags made it very clear one could not simply root for the Rangers and Astros.

Also, did the Mavs leave Dallas?
expresswrittenconsent
Mean bullies in college made you stop rooting for a team?
_lefraud_
AG
Bullies? No

******bags? Absolutely
expresswrittenconsent
That's terrible you were treated that way. You should be able to root for all 30 MLB teams equally.
Proposition Joe
BMX Bandit said:

Proposition Joe said:

thats what he's asking. Can he have loyalty to Astros and Rangers.

That was the joke. The need for you to point it out does help the OP make his decision though...

Insecure cheaters or confident losers?
tancroom
AG
Lol. Looking back I probably should have made the intent of this post more clear. I made this poll to help settle a dispute with a friend of mine who said that it was "just plain wrong" to root for both sides, even given my circumstances, and I just wanted to see others' takes on the matter. I wasn't actually going to make my decision based on what everyone said. Of course I'm gonna root for both sides; why the heck shouldn't I?

I appreciate the couple actual responses I got though!
Al Bula
AG
Do what you want, like the teams you want, but don't post a twitter poll that is really about getting attention and creating the perception that you are not a man who can make his own decisions.
aggie813
Why do I care who you root for again?
Pick one and move on with your life.
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

Dallas doesn't have a NBA team

Wut?
CowtownAg06
AG
I'm the opposite... born and raised in Fort Worth and grew up a die hard Rangers fan. Still there and get very emotional about them. I've lived in Houston for 14 years and have "some" affinity for the Astros. I want them to do well but mostly because I want my friends to be happy. When they lost game 7, I had no problem sleeping. When the Rangers blew 2011, I was sick for a a few days.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
TXAggie2011
AG
The Mavs don't suck anymore.
Squirrel Master
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

_lefraud_ said:

I use to think so too, until I got to A&M. Asstro d-bags made it very clear one could not simply root for the Rangers and Astros.

Also, did the Mavs leave Dallas?
It was meant tongue-in-cheek.

Ross

Perot

Junior.

Anyone that had to stomach Kermit Davis and Tony Barone @A&M, graduate... and than then watch a RPJr-led Dallas Mavericks has the right to not be aware Dallas has basketball.
This is an impressive but super weird way to act like the Mavs are still stuck in the 90s and the Cuban era of the last 20 years hasn't existed.
Bulldog73
AG
I know this is on the baseball board, but I can understand it as someone who spent a lot of their adolescence in a state that only had the Cowboys. State pride and all, I rooted for the Cowboys, then the Texans were forced into my life. Thankfully, my disdain for Jerrah compounded with BoB's incompetence has further diminished my interest in both teams in Texas & the NFL's inconsistent enforcement of their policies has seen my overall interest in the NFL wane.

I grew up near the Houston area going to Astros games, but my grandparents lived in FW and took me to a lot of Rangers games during the Pudge/Juan Gone era. While they were in different leagues, I was an Astros fan that followed and wanted success for the Rangers. Since we've combined leagues and suffered the success of the Rangers with millions of lifelong fans suddenly appearing (I know, it happened for the Astros too once they found success, this is just my cursory observation), my affinity for the metroplex team has also seen a plummet, and it largely coincided with my interest in the Astros gaining.

All that said, I could see how it's possible, but not as a diehard for either team.
kb2001
AG
I used to think it was fine. Once I got to A&M and met Rangers fans that was the end of any support for the Rangers. That's how it went for the Cowboys also. Dallas fans are just such complete d-bags, I can't support them in any way
W
AG
Houston's sports teams...at least play in Houston
Carlo4
AG
kb2001 said:

I used to think it was fine. Once I got to A&M and met Rangers fans that was the end of any support for the Rangers. That's how it went for the Cowboys also. Dallas fans are just such complete d-bags, I can't support them in any way

I went to plenty of Astros games in college as a Ranger fan with a small group of friends that liked baseball. Also met plenty of Houston people that were also complete d-bags. Also know plenty of Dallas people that are complete d-bags.

Who gives a flying ****? It's sports. Cheer for who you want and hate who you want.
AustinAg2K
I need to know the person's age. You are allowed to change teams up until around junior high/ high school. One you've graduated, though, you're locked in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.