Red Sox = CHEATERS

2,307 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggies2009
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Red Sox have been found to be cheaters. They have destroyed the sanctity of baseball with their heinous actions and smeared the integrity of a game that players like Shoeless Joe Jackson, Pete Rose, Billy Hatcher, Phil Niekro, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmeiro, Roger Clemens, and Barry Bonds worked so hard to build.

Now they must be punished loudly and publicly, because nothing else is more important in the entire world.

Proposed punishments.
1. Giant scarlet C (for cheating) spray painted onto Green Monster.
2. Ted Williams severed head is thawed out and used in the next World Cup.
3. Carlton Fisk must admit that he was secretly waving his 1975 Game 6 home run foul because he bet a large sum of money on the Reds to win.
4. Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon must wear nothing but Yankee gear for the rest of their lives.

AgBQ-00
AG
If corona's got you down there is a thread on OR that might help.
DallasAg 94
Farmer1906
AG
As a fan of the game, I can not tolerate the Red Sox's behavior in 2017 and again in 2018. I will now follow them on the road and boo them. I will also go to LAD games to boo Betts.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Also, they should have to move to the NL West.
03_Aggie
MuckRaker96 said:

Also, they should have to move to the NL West.

They are, it's just a few players at a time.
wangus12
AG
I like how they dropped this right before the NFL draft so that it'll get less coverage
AustinAg2K
The one thing that is clear from that report. Don't cooperate with MLB, and you'll get off much easier.
DallasAg 94
MaxPower
DallasAg 94 said:

MLB demonstrates it has 2 sets of rules.

I've chided Astros fans, mostly because of their denial. I stay away from the rivalry threads because that isn't my schtick. I want to root for my team, without all the crap.

Having said that... the Astros totally got screwed compared to the Red Sox. I have no doubt the Rangers would have gotten the same treatment as the Astros. It certainly makes me want to root for the Astros against the RedSox, even if we are in the same Division.
Objectively speaking, this serves as a warning to the "other" teams. I'm an Astros fan and you shouldn't root for them, but you should be grateful they at least showed MLB's hand and you now know who your friends really are (or aren't in this case).
mazag08
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I've chided Astros fans, mostly because of their denial. I stay away from the rivalry threads because that isn't my schtick. I want to root for my team, without all the crap.

Having said that... the Astros totally got screwed compared to the Red Sox. I have no doubt the Rangers would have gotten the same treatment as the Astros. It certainly makes me want to root for the Astros against the RedSox, even if we are in the same Division.

The Astros and Rangers have a lot more in common than they do differences. East and west coast bias is a real thing, from the commissioner down to the media. They will pump us up as a cute story on the ascension, but the second you win, you are target number one.

The Astros fully cooperated. They got absolutely leveled. If the Red Sox were looked at first, even if they had cooperated as the Astros did, you'd see the same punishment they currently have. And don't even start to think the Yankees will even be investigated. They are now not only the darling team, screwed by the cheating Astros, but also the feel good story with the Corona decimating their frail and ****hole city. It will all be about their "fight" and how they "brought the world back together".
Aggies2009
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I mostly agree with this. I thought the Astros deserved a stiffer punishment, but the MLB's failures in THIS situation (and giving them nothing compared to the Astros) is downright criminal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.