2020 Realignment

2,379 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasAg 94
Mr. White
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5128935002?__twitter_impression=true

Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues.

Why not have the World Series in Houston or Arlington?
ptothemo
AG
MLB would be well served to figure out who is leaking all these ideas. I have no doubt that there are tons of ideas being thrown out - some good, some not so much. Having someone walk out and tell the media what they are is just not a good look. MLB then spends their time dealing with the fallout of half-baked brainstorming ideas rather than real planning.

As for the idea in this thread, I am all for whatever gets us baseball and that baseball isn't putting anyone in danger. I think there are tons of questions about how to handle records, stats, etc., but that's just part of it.

The main thing I want to know is how sequestered players would be in this setup. The biggest pushback to the idea about all games in Phoenix had to do with players being away from their families for four plus months. I am curious if the idea in the OP would or would not impact that situation.
tjack16
AG
Mr. White said:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5128935002?__twitter_impression=true

Why not have the World Series in Houston or Arlington?

They probably don't want a team in the World Series to host if it's in Houston
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Someone needs to drug test Rob Manfred.
BMX Bandit
its extremely likely MLB is purposefully "leaking" this.

keep MLB in the news and get public feed back on idea.

they lose nothing by these ideas becoming public, no matter how crazy the idea may be
ptothemo
AG
I can definitely see how the leaks would be intentional for the reasons that you mention.

I just feel like an entity with $10B in revenue could develop a better marketing strategy than "leaks" throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. Maybe that is naive or idealistic on my part, though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I saw an article posted today about them talking about playing in Japan with their games during the day and Japanese games at night. That seems a bit outlandish, but then I guess all of these ideas are under normal circumstances.
West Point Aggie
AG
Maybe there won't be any baseball...another 1994...
ptothemo
AG
There was baseball in 1994....
AggieEP
Yeah, I think concerns about season stats are already a non issue. We've had strike shortened season before and the record books didn't implode. To me that's a non issue... unless someone hits .400 and then we have a conundrum.

The bigger effect is on the long term counting stats like 3000 hits, 600 Homeruns or 300 wins. The odds on hitting those numbers are already so long, becomes near impossible if you lose a whole season in your prime.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Stats wise I think of you have one like HRs or Ks that is hurt by a shortened season and somehow they manage it, they count. If it's something like batting average or era that could be helped, they don't.

I do wonder if there's some return at least on not playing a full season in terms of longevity and overall wear on the body.
_lefraud_
AG
My plan:

MLB South:
Tex
Atl
Hou
Kan
Col
TB
Mia

Sea
LA
Ana
SF
Oak
Ari
SD

MLB North
Minn
Stl
ChC
ChW
Cle
Cin
Det
Mil

Tor
NY
NYM
Bos
Pit
Phi
Bal
Was

South is split into two 7 team divisions. 9 divisional games (54) & crossover games (28) for 82 total games

North is split into two 8 team divisions, 8 divisional games (56) and 3 crossover games (24) for 80 games.

It would really help for SEA and maybe COL to move to Ariz (spring training) or to another city, maybe SEA to San Antonio, and COL to Oklahoma City?

The North could pick up an extra game or two to get to 82.
culdeus
AG
How hard is it to move a team spring training site? I have no feel for the infrastructure involved
DallasAg 94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.