Ok let's play

2,151 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by investorAg83
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1st player you met: Bob Watson (was best friends with his son Keith 1st grade)
No-hitter you saw in person: Mike Scott '86 SF at Hou, Bret Saberhagen '91 ChiSox at KC
1st favorite player (star): Rickey Henderson
1st favorite player (non-star): Mookie Wilson
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Willie Randolph and Reggie Jackson
Fav 3B: Tie - George Brett, Mike Schmidt
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - MMPark, Dome, Kaufman Stadium KC
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
1st player you met: Nolan Ryan, while working for the Batt in the 1990s when his son pitched for TCU
No-hitter you saw in person: none, but saw Scott and Ryan both lose no-hitters in the top of the 9th, and Darryl Kile pitch a 9-inning perfect game at Tucson that the team lost in the 10th.
1st favorite player (star): Cesar Cedeno
1st favorite player (non-star): Denny Walling, I loved the way J. Fred Duckett used to announce his name at the Dome.
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Tony Gwynn came to the TCBY I worked at in Houston after a weekday game in 1990. Insert fat Tony Gwynn joke here.
Fav 3B: Wade Boggs
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - The Dome and it's not even close.

Adding my own categories
All ballparks I've seen a game at: Astrodome, MMP, Ballpark at Arlington, Arlington Stadium, Petco Park, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, AT&T Park, Coors Field, Old Busch Stadium, New Comiskey Park, Wrigley Field, Camden Yards, Old Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Royals Stadium, The Metrodome.
That time you threw out the first pitch: June 2, 1992. I won a writing contest for HS seniors put on by the Houston Post (RIP), the Astros, and HISD. Scott Servais caught it. Got autographs from Servais, Milo Hamilton, Andujar Cedeno, and Bob Watson. Also got to hear Mark Portugal call Gary Carter an "old p*ssy" to his face at the batting cage.
Best game you saw in person: Astros 15, Cardinals 12, 1994. Good guys were down 11-0 at one point, then scored 11 runs in one inning.
bigcat22
AG
1st player you met: Juan Gonzalez
No-hitter you saw in person: Kenny Rogers perfect game
1st favorite player (star): Juan Gonzalez/Will Clark
1st favorite player (non-star): Kevin Elster
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Juan Gonzalez
Fav 3B: Adrian Beltre (all time favorite player)
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - The Ballpark in Arlington (RIP)
tjack16
AG
1st player you met: Craig Biggio when I was 12 (2005)
No-hitter you saw in person: n/a
1st favorite player (star): Ken Griffey Jr.
1st favorite player (non-star): Nomar Garciaparra
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Roger Clemens
Fav 3B: Alex Bregman
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - Minute Maid Park.
Best game I've seen in person: 2019 ALCS Game 2 and 2019 WS game 1 (even though we lost, it was a bucket list moment)

Adding my own interesting categories.
Least favorite player on my favorite team: Roberto Osuna
Best ballpark I've been to: Busch Stadium or new Yankee Stadium
07ag
AG
1st player you met: none
No-hitter you saw in person: none,
1st favorite player roberto alomar
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: none
Fav 3B: ripken, or bregman
Ballpark you've been to the most games at - mmp
All ballparks I've seen a game at: Astrodome, MMP, Ballpark at Arlington, Coors Field, Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, Pittsburgh PNC, olsen field
Best game you saw in person: 2017 ws game 5, 2019 alcs game 6
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mr. White
1st player you met: Gary Carter
No-hitter you saw in person: none. TV: Nolan's 6th
1st favorite player (star): Nolan Ryan
1st favorite player (non-star): Steve Buechele
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Dave Parker at the Sheraton or Hilton by Arlington Stadium.
Fav 3B: Matt Williams/Chris Sabo as a kid. Adrian Beltre as an adult.
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - Ballpark in Arlington.
Best game in person: DH vs. Red Sox on May 1 (?) 2004. So much fun.
Bregxit
AG
1st player you met: Most of the 1981 Astros team at Chili's Carillon. They hung out there a lot...I think the official first I met was Joe Sambito. Our next door neighbor was the Chili's GM so he introduced us. I was 5-6 years old.
No-hitter you saw in person: N/A TV: Lots
1st favorite player (star): Tie: Nolan Ryan and Jose Cruz
1st favorite player (non-star): Joe Sambito
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Kevin Bass. We rode our bikes by his house to and from school every day.
Fav 3B: Phil Garner/Alex Bregman
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - 1) Dome 2) MMP
Best game in person: 2017 World Series Game 3
dstuckey4
AG
1st player you met: Steve Lyons
No-hitter you saw in person: None. Listened to Nolan Ryan's 6th and 7th and Kenny Roger's perfect game.
1st favorite player (star): Juan Gonzalez
1st favorite player (non-star): Kevin Elster
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Craig Biggio
Fav 3B: Ken Caminiti, Wade Boggs
Ballparks you've been to the most games at: Arlington Stadium, MMP

Edited to add that I coached a game against Biggio (and his son) while they were at St. Thomas. We did not win.
jkag89
1st player you met: David Clyde
No-hitter you saw in person: I have never seen an MLB no-hitter in person, seen a couple in which Nolan Ryan got into the later innings. Seen a number of Aggie no-nos first being Fred Riscen's against Rice.
1st favorite player (star): Cesar Cenedo
1st favorite player (non-star): Roger Metzger
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Casey Candaele
Fav 3B: George Brett (now Alex Bregman)
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - Astrodome, Minute Maid Park, Arlington Stadium, Ball Park in Arlington, County Stadium (seen at least double digits number of games at all these parks).

All ballparks I've seen a game at:Astrodome, Minute Maid Park, Arlington Stadium, Ball Park in Arlington, County Stadium Camden Yards, Old Cominsky. Wrigley Field, Metrodome, Petco Park
That time you threw out the first pitch: Never
Best game you saw in person: For sentimental reasons, my first MLB game at County Stadium in the early '70s. against the ChiSox. Family had just moved back from oversees and my paternal Grandfather took me and three or four other grandkids. Great seats on the first base side which would cost a bundle today (assume my dad and uncles helped differ some of the cost). My grandfather was a rarity in Wisconsin, a bigger baseball fan than a Packer fan. It broke his heart when the Braves moved to Atlanta, was thrilled even to have the crappy Brewers to follow. He talked the whole game about the '50s Braves with Aaron, Matthews, Adcock, Spahn. etc. Bought my first Astros pennant at that game and I still have it along with the line up card
ptothemo
AG
1st player you met: Jerry Mumphrey
No-hitter you saw in person: N/A
1st favorite player (non-star): Steve Buechele
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Chet Steadman (yes, he's not a real player but close enough)
Favorite 3B: Scott Rolen
Most attended ballpark: The Ballpark in Arlington or Minute Maid, it's close
Ballparks in general: those two plus current and old Busch Stadium, Rangers Stadium, Astrodome, Wrigley, AT&T, Safeco (at the time), Camden Yards, Nationals Park, Citi Field, and Turner Field

The first live game I went to was Nolan Ryan versus Roger Clemens at Rangers Stadium April 1989. I was a little more than two years old, so I don't remember any of it. But it's still a pretty cool first game.
jm94
AG
1st player you met: Jose Cruz visited our classroom in second grade; Junior was there in Kindergarten
No-hitter you saw in person: n/a, but I was at the Dome for one of Nolan's two career home runs
1st favorite player (non-star): Dickie Thon
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Mookie Wilson
Fav 3B: Adrian Beltre
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - Safeco/T-Mobile Park, Astrodome
ETA: Best game you saw in person: 1986 NLDS Game 6
TexAgs1992
1st player you met: Kerry Wood in 1998
No-hitter you saw in person: Never seen one
1st favorite player (star): Sammy Sosa
1st favorite player (non-star): Tony Eusebio
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Roger Clemens
Fav 3B: Alex Bregman
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - Minute Maid Park, Wrigley Field
Best games in person: 1) 2017 World Series Game 5 2) 2016 World Series Game 5 3) 2017 ALCS Game 7
investorAg83
AG
1st player you met: Geno Petralli
No-hitter you saw in person: Never seen one but I was there for A-Rod's only 3 HR game while a Ranger
1st favorite player (star): Ken Griffey Jr
1st favorite player (non-star): Chris Sabo (rec specs for the win!)
1st player you saw randomly in street clothes: Elvis Andrus...played against him in a softball game in Plano
Fav 3B: Kris Bryant
Ballparks you've been to the most games at - Globe Life Park
Best games in person: 1) 2010 ALCS Game 6 Yanks/Rangers 2) 2011 ALCS Game 2...the Cruz walkoff slam landed a few rows directly in front of me

The rest of the games were nothing really spectacular...few cool feats (Kinsler's 6 for 6 cycle in '09, A-Rod's 4 homer game I mentioned earlier, etc.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.