Rumor

3,983 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ptothemo
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heard MLB was thinking of playing the season at spring training sites to avoid travel fees if more states ban public viewing of games with more than a certain number of people.

I think this could work for better logistics for all teams I would think. At least for half a season possibly
Aggie_3
God I hope this doesn't end up happening
ORAggieFan
It's that or completely delay the season.
Bonfired
AG
Swinging wild-assed suggestion alert ahead:

I'd rather them delay the start of the season (April 15 or May 1...May 1 is a Friday, which is when a typical series would start), use the time to re-work a shortened schedule (scrapping interleague games would be my suggestion...that is about 3 weeks' worth of games) and sort out stadium booking issues and ticket stuff.
wangus12
AG
They'll delay the season before they do that
aggiefan09
AG
Bonfired said:

Swinging wild-assed suggestion alert ahead:

I'd rather them delay the start of the season (April 15 or May 1...May 1 is a Friday, which is when a typical series would start), use the time to re-work a shortened schedule (scrapping interleague games would be my suggestion...that is about 3 weeks' worth of games) and sort out stadium booking issues and ticket stuff.

Or just end spring training today and start the season on time.
Agnzona
MLB just announced a suspension to the Season!
gomerschlep
AG
RIP sports
JABQ04
AG
Agnzona said:

Well ****.
MaxPower
Im not sure a delay helps. How will they handle the back end of the season? What if the virus crap drags on into June? I think reducing the season is most likely for legal reasons as it's the best way for owners to reduce costs in a way that more closely aligned with revenue.
TREX01
They need to play about a 110 game season. Wrap things up the last week of September and play a normal post season schedule.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Agnzona said:

They announced a suspension of Spring Training and delayed regular season by two weeks tentatively placing Opening day on April 9th.
astros4545
AG
TREX01 said:

They need to play about a 110 game season. Wrap things up the last week of September and play a normal post season schedule.

Why not play the games in empty ball parks

Tv ratings will certainly be up
PatAg
AG
astros4545 said:

TREX01 said:

Why not play the games in empty ball parks

Tv ratings will certainly be up
becuase that wouldnt prevent what they are trying to prevent
_lefraud_
AG
I know with the Astros getting kicked out of the NL, inter-league games have been uniquely scheduled, but seems like it would make sense to explore doing without inter-league games, and reducing divisional games.

Playing deep into October just doesn't seem like a good idea, for several reasons.
Trucker 96
Each league has 15 teams. You have to keep interleague or 2 teams are sitting at home Fri-Sun or Mon-Thurs. That said, yes, at least cutting down on the # would be a start
Wicked Good Ag
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29004498/mlb-union-focused-plan-allow-season-start-early-arizona
Texas A&M
I kind of agree with this take...

ptothemo
AG
The still image for that video link is an interesting choice. Greenberg and Passan look absolutely hammered.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.