How the Astros Season is likely going to start

3,367 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SquirrellyDan
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Couldnt find a youtube version of this.

https://www.facebook.com/538703246540890/posts/845270069217538/
twilly
AG
...with a bang?

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Cromagnum
AG
twilly said:

...with a bang?

wangus12
AG
I'll take the base runners

annie88
AG
Oh they're definitely going to be beaned but they'll bear up well.

They're tough, bring it on.

Ready for them to shove it back down their throats.
DallasAg 94
AustinAg2K
First pitch, they bean Springer. Altuve follows up by delivering the next pitch into the Crawford boxes. Then he proceeds to strip naked as he rounds the bases to prove he's not wearing a wire.
txislandag86
jm94
AG
I figure at every away venue, people will bring trash cans to bang.
mazag08
AG
jm94 said:

Careful, Mike Fiers might try and sue them for stealing Oakland's thing
Flexbone
Astros are going to absolutely embarrass teams this year.
W
AG
um, the Angels don't have a pitching staff. They are up first with a 4-game set at MMP
digging tunnels
AG
jm94 said:

Hell I'm bringing a trash can to MMP!!
mazag08
AG
I actually wouldn't be upset if we permanently changed our name to the Trashstros

@ Waste Management Field.

With a trash truck going back and forth in center field after home runs.

And the Crawford Boxes renamed the Landfill
Marvin
AG
mazag08 said:

I actually wouldn't be upset if we permanently changed our name to the Trashstros

@ Waste Management Field.

With a trash truck going back and forth in center field after home runs.

And the Crawford Boxes renamed the Landfill

Kudos to your dedication, but I'd have to vote "no" on this one.
AustinAg2K
Not in favor of changing the team name, but I wouldn't mind Waste Management sponsoring a trash can give away one night. We definitely need to embrace this more instead of constantly apologizing.
DallasAg 94
DiasporicAg2005
AG
Every single team will make it a point to beat the 'Stros on simple principle. Players are pissed, fans are pissed, and more importantly casual observers are curious about what might happen when Houston plays outside the friendly confines of old Enron Field.

Look for the Astros to be fatigued very early this season.

And it's my hope that every HOF voter will remember each and every name of the '17 Houston squad.
Bubba smollett
AgInExile said:

Every single team will make it a point to beat the 'Stros on simple principle. Players are pissed, fans are pissed, and more importantly casual observers are curious about what might happen when Houston plays outside the friendly confines of old Enron Field.

Look for the Astros to be fatigued very early this season.

And it's my hope that every HOF voter will remember each and every name of the '17 Houston squad.
Its Minute Maid not Enron and LOL at your hope.
DiasporicAg2005
AG
Given the gravity of the situation I think Enron Field is more appropriate, don't you?

Tell Jim Crane good job for me on his presser. That was a Clintonesque apology that would make Slick Willy proud.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Every home game the Astros should throw at the first guy up for the other team, then if the other retaliates, their guy gets tossed.

Also a Mike Fiers Voodoo Doll night when the A's come. Everyone gets a doll and several bobby pins. During the 7th inning stretch they have a mannequin of Fiers on the field. Orbit runs it over with his 4-wheeler, then cuts its head off with a chainsaw.

when the Mets come for the weird 2-game series the first week of the season, give out bobbleheads of Carlos Beltran that say Mets' All-Time Greatest Manager.

Pray Nick Markaksis makes the All-Star team so Dusty Baker can have multiple elite pitchers bean him.

BTKAG97
AG
AgInExile said:

more importantly casual observers are curious about what might happen when Houston plays outside the friendly confines of old Enron Field.
Well the Astros had 53 road wins vs their paultry 48 at home in 2017.
mazag08
AG
AgInExile said:

Given the gravity of the situation I think Enron Field is more appropriate, don't you?

Tell Jim Crane good job for me on his presser. That was a Clintonesque apology that would make Slick Willy proud.

Puff your chest out. You really stuck it to those mean ole Astros. Way to go.
Satellite of Love
AgInExile said:

Verlander is probably the only guy on the team old enough to remember what Enron was....poor 11 year-old Altuve was probably in tears when he heard about Enron all the way down in Venezuela....
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
SquirrellyDan
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

W said:

um, the Angels don't have a pitching staff. They are up first with a 4-game set at MMP

You might want to check. They picked up several pieces. I think the top4 of their rotation will be fine at least for the 1st month.

They finished 2019 with 1 guy over 100 IP. He is gone and I think they have 4 guys for 2020. Great? No... but serviceable... for a couple months.
Going to be a real battle for 4th between Arlington and Seattle.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.