Interesting Astros Stats on Trash Can Banging

5,708 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TarponChaser
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
investorAg83 said:

Deluxe said:

Don't be a defender of lazy narratives

Don't defend cheaters

I prefer defending champions. Nicer ring to it.

And do you really think he only pitched 1/3rd of an inning last year? If so, your issue should be with the Blue Jays not the Astros. It's a lazy narrative that apparently pulls in suckers like you.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
03_Aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

Deluxe said:

Don't defend cheaters

And do you really think he only pitched 1/3rd of an inning last year? If so, your issue should be with the Blue Jays not the Astros. It's a lazy narrative that apparently pulls in suckers like you.
The narrative isn't that the Astros cost him his career. The dude sucks, he was never gonna make it. The narrative is to LOL at the Astros for needing to cheat against a pitcher that was as bad as he was. That's whats funny.
Farmer1906
AG
lda6339 said:

03_Aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

Deluxe said:

Don't defend cheaters

The narrative isn't that the Astros cost him his career. The dude sucks, he was never gonna make it. The narrative is to LOL at the Astros for needing to cheat against a pitcher that was as bad as he was. That's whats funny.

In what world is that the narrative?
South Platte
lda6339 said:

MAROON said:

Doug Ross said:

Trash organization
why are you so hard on Toronto?
Rangers fans don't like Toronto because of The 7th Inning

Thats probably my favorite non-cards related baseball video

Odor sucker punched Bautista. Bautista got to hit the game winning home run. And to think an Odor error extended the inning to set up the HR. Perfect. Cosmic. Justice.

Stay mad Arlington #DavidFreese #11in11
Your recollection of the sequence of events is backwards, but whatever. We lost 2 straight series to Toronto and both of them were brutal.

We should have cheated in '11. Or maybe thrown Freese a different pitch other than fastball down the middle.

Oh well. When (if?) we get a title, I'll feel a little better about all of the above.
03_Aggie
lda6339 said:

03_Aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

Deluxe said:

Don't defend cheaters

Lolololol

I'm sure teams look at a pitchers' ERAs and then go "eh, no need to try to steal signs for this guy."
redline248
AG
lda6339 said:

03_Aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

Deluxe said:

Don't defend cheaters

This is the worst of your bad takes.
the last of the bohemians
Going to be a lot of disappointed Astros haters this year when these 'cheating' hitters play their team.
94chem
the last of the bohemians said:

Going to be a lot of disappointed Astros haters this year when these 'cheating' hitters play their team.

You mean when they show that they are good players even without cheating? As in, the players who were drafted at the top of the draft when the owner was deliberately losing 110 games and not letting the team be televised? Yeah, we already knew Houston has some really good players. That's what happens when you sandbag for years. At least for the hitters. The top 3 pitchers were all rentals this past year, but that's the normal course when a team tries to keep the window open. I'm pretty sure that Tom Brady was good, even with an inflated football. Still a cheater, though.
the last of the bohemians
So much hate, so much holier that thou talk.
As Will Clark recently said, hide your signs better if you think the other team has figured you out, use common sense, because every team is looking to figure out the signals of the opponent.
investorAg83
AG

As Will Clark recently said, hide your signs better if you think the other team has figured you out, use common sense, because every team is looking to figure out the signals of the opponent.

Common sense is hiding signs better with guys on second base. Worrying about teams using cameras to relay real time info is far from common sense. It's tinfoil hat.

The issue isn't stealing signs...that has been and always will be part of baseball. It's 'how' they did it. And to say it's common sense that it was happening is asinine.
AustinAg2K
Doug Ross said:

Trash organization

Maybe he just sucked as a pitcher? His career numbers suck.
94chem
AustinAg2K said:

Doug Ross said:

Trash organization

Maybe he just sucked as a pitcher? His career numbers suck.

Maybe he did. That's pretty much the point, isn't it? A whole lot of maybe's.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
South Platte said:

lda6339 said:

MAROON said:

Doug Ross said:

Trash organization
why are you so hard on Toronto?
Rangers fans don't like Toronto because of The 7th Inning

Thats probably my favorite non-cards related baseball video

Odor sucker punched Bautista. Bautista got to hit the game winning home run. And to think an Odor error extended the inning to set up the HR. Perfect. Cosmic. Justice.

Stay mad Arlington #DavidFreese #11in11
Your recollection of the sequence of events is backwards, but whatever. We lost 2 straight series to Toronto and both of them were brutal.

We should have cheated in '11. Or maybe thrown Freese a different pitch other than fastball down the middle.

Oh well. When (if?) we get a title, I'll feel a little better about all of the above.

You're right. I had the Toronto series mixed up
TarponChaser
investorAg83 said:

Common sense is hiding signs better with guys on second base. Worrying about teams using cameras to relay real time info is far from common sense. It's tinfoil hat.

The issue isn't stealing signs...that has been and always will be part of baseball. It's 'how' they did it. And to say it's common sense that it was happening is asinine.
Nothing asinine about it when it was a widespread practice. Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, Cards, and Nats have all been accused of the same practice of electronic sign-stealing if they used a different method of it. And they weren't doing it until Beltran comes in and shows them how others are doing it and how they're behind the curve.

MLB knew it was common practice and didn't give a **** until Fiers turned rat and went public. Which is why he's a pariah on his own team now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.