McGwire 2.0?

1,793 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by diehard03
Rossko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This Q&A reminds me of McGwire testifying in front of Congress about steroids...

SquirrellyDan
AG
Cool story, bruh.
J.P. 03
AG
That's an accurate comparison IMO. What was the line McGwire kept repeating? "I'm not here to talk about the past" or something like that? Because he knew he was guilty as sin and didn't want to say anything to incriminate himself, and that's the exact same vibe I got from Bregman in that video.
Wabs
AG
At least the Astros are getting all of this crap out the way now, and letting all the self-righteous fans of other teams take their shots. Other teams will have to deal with this when they get investigated. Anybody here holding their breath that other teams rumored to have cheated get investigated as vigorously as the Astros??
Proposition Joe
That's weird that Bregman isn't his usual pompous self. Maybe he would have felt better responding if the media posed the questions via twitter?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
At least he didn't suddenly forget English like sammy sosa
RodTidwell
J.P. 03 said:

That's an accurate comparison IMO. What was the line McGwire kept repeating? "I'm not here to talk about the past" or something like that? Because he knew he was guilty as sin and didn't want to say anything to incriminate himself, and that's the exact same vibe I got from Bregman in that video.
Apparently just before hearing McGwire wanted to admit to everything during questioning, but his lawyers urged him not to, which led to the repeated "I'm not here to talk about the past" statements.
diehard03
Quote:

At least the Astros are getting all of this crap out the way now, and letting all the self-righteous fans of other teams take their shots. Other teams will have to deal with this when they get investigated. Anybody here holding their breath that other teams rumored to have cheated get investigated as vigorously as the Astros??

The Red Sox are getting popped and that's it. This thing is going to be buttoned up all nicely around Alex Cora and no one's going to hear about the rest.

Every other team will be "reinstructed" not to do it again. No one else will be caught. The Astros are already on board as "wearing this" by Cranes actions.

The MLB (and the media) want to reassure the public that everything is above board.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.