MLB Commissioner has opened Pandora's Box

4,490 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SquirrellyDan
West Point Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
claym711 said:

The butthurt and triggering of non-Astros fans is so glorious. It's like reliving the 2016 election.

If that makes you feel better...great, but they are simply CHEATERS...and that won't change. Helps explain how good that little man was at home vs road
BullSprig07
AG
Quote:

Anything less than vacating the 2017 title is a joke...these "penalties" will absolutely NOT hurt a juggernaut of a team like Houston. $5M to the Astros is like few hundred to you and me.

It's not the money it's the back to back losses of 1st and 2nd round picks as well as the best GM we will probably ever have that will set the Astros back.
claym711
AG
West Point Aggie said:

claym711 said:

The butthurt and triggering of non-Astros fans is so glorious. It's like reliving the 2016 election.

If that makes you feel better...great, but they are simply CHEATERS...and that won't change. Helps explain how good that little man was at home vs road

Triggered.
BullSprig07
AG
Quote:

Helps explain how good that little man was at home vs road

Have you looked at Altuve's 2017 home vs road splits for the season?

Away- 15 HR, 46 RBI, .381 BA
Home- 9 HR, 35 RBI, .311 BA

I'm an Astros fan and this thing sucks and has me sick to my stomach, but trash cans didn't get Altuve the MVP in 2017.
TXAggie2011
AG
Own your choices, own your decisions, own your actions.

They told you not to do it. You were told bad things would happen if you did it and you got caught. You went ahead and kept doing it.

End of story.
agsquirrel97
AG
Astros were named, investigated and punished accordingly (I understand the argument of not harsh enough and too harsh, but the commish handed down the punishment that he did)

The Red Sox are being investigated according to accusations and most people expect a similar punishment.

Are the Yankees being investigated? Are any of the "other 8" who have been named being investigated? I have seen accusations against others. Most posts on this thread seem logical and only slightly emotionally charged. Logically, this system came to the Astros in a preliminary form and was "perfected". Beltran has been heavily implicated and he came from and returned to the Yankees. McCann's actions indicate that he knew something about the Yankees. Supposedly 8 teams were named prior to Astros punishment, but MLB has seemingly ignored those accusations as no further investigations have been announced and the MLB has indicated that the Red Sox are the only additional investigation at this time with no reason to believe it goes any further.

I don't understand why a Rangers, Cards or Cubs fan would be averse to an investigation into the Yankees? If we truly want this eradicated, why would some accusations be investigated and others be ignored?

There has been an issue in MLB, and maybe the Astros and Red Sox are the only ones who carried it beyond September 2017, but logic tells me that isn't the case.
Beat40
TXAggie2011 said:

They told you not to do it. You were told bad things would happen if you did it and you got caught. You went ahead and kept doing it.

End of story.

Keep your head in the sand that the Astros and Red Sox were the only teams doing it. We've already said we deserve the punishments because we cheated. The self righteousness is laughable considering the history of the sport. You better just hope they don't go down certain paths, because I bet it's not pretty for a lot of organizations.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
As a Rangers fan, I want to see every credible allegation investigated. I think the Yankees were doing something last year, maybe the Twins, too. Just look at the numbers some of these teams put up. If there are valid allegations against the Rangers, investigate them too. (Not sure there would be anything credible there as hardly anyone on the Rangers have hit over .250 the past couple of years). Let's see who did what and put it all in the open. Stop the sniping between players and show us all the guilty parties. Let history be the judge.
bilbobag
Until MLB loses sponsors, money, and viewership, MLB will sit by and let it continue
polander ag81
03_Aggie said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

ORAggieFan said:

The butt hurt from Astros fans is hilarious. There are a few that are very reasonable and have expressed their disappointment in the cheating. But, the most vocal continue to attempt to justify cheating.

The over the top reactions from other fans are getting to be hilarious too. A lot of folks on both sides are starting to look silly. Ok, they all actually started looking silly a few days ago.

Just wait until the "cheaters" hit the FA market. Wait until fans of those teams start to rationalize why it's cool to sign them now.

Same with Lunhow. Clubs will be chomping at the bit to get him. And the justification as to why it's ok to do so now is because "we've met with him and are confident that he has learned from his mistakes and will not repeat them."
Wait until the "cheaters" are up for Hall of Fame election.
TXAggie2011
AG
Beat40 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

End of story.
Keep your head in the sand that the Astros and Red Sox were the only teams doing it. We've already said we deserve the punishments because we cheated. The self righteousness is laughable considering the history of the sport. You better just hope they don't go down certain paths, because I bet it's not pretty for a lot of organizations.
What are you talking about? Nothing in that post says I think anyone else did or didn't do anything.

Another fan with an uncontrollable urge to point fingers elsewhere...
Betoisafurry
Water Turkey07 said:

Quote:

Helps explain how good that little man was at home vs road

Have you looked at Altuve's 2017 home vs road splits for the season?

Away- 15 HR, 46 RBI, .381 BA
Home- 9 HR, 35 RBI, .311 BA

I'm an Astros fan and this thing sucks and has me sick to my stomach, but trash cans didn't get Altuve the MVP in 2017.

Don't argue facts with fools.
wbt5845
AG
oldschool87 said:

wbt5845 said:

Not really - Commish punished teams for which there was sufficient evidence to prove they cheated. If you know of other teams which may have cheated, collect your evidence and e-mail it to them. I'm sure they'll appreciate your input.
Based on what you know, which is what?
You can read the Commissioner's report for details of the cheating.
94chem
Their they're, OP. I'm sure it will be okay, especially for Scott.
oldschool87
AG
ORAggieFan said:

oldschool87 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

lda6339 said:

This thread is some serious delusion. Its pitiful
It is like the ex-boyfriend showing up to her divorce proceedings with someone else, trying to validate she made a mistake in dumping him.

Astros fans: "The Dodgers are staking a claim to the 2017 World Series, so our cheating was ok."
The Dodgers have already been named as doing the same thing, but thanks for playing...

Named by who? Anyone can name anyone, doesn't mean it is legitimate.

The butt hurt from Astros fans is hilarious. There are a few that are very reasonable and have expressed their disappointment in the cheating. But, the most vocal continue to attempt to justify cheating.
Just MLB...

Here is another nugget...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/former-mlb-pitcher-jack-mcdowell-alleges-80s-white-sox-tony-la-russa-cheated-with-camera/ar-BBZ3W51

SquirrellyDan
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Proposition Joe said:

Opened Pandora's Box how?

The major violators got dealt with, and the penalty was severe enough to discourage others from doing it in the future.

I'd be surprised if we see any further fallout from this at all.

Severe penalties?!?

LOL...

Anything less than vacating the 2017 title is a joke...these "penalties" will absolutely NOT hurt a juggernaut of a team like Houston. $5M to the Astros is like few hundred to you and me.

Like in 1994, 2017 should read No WS Champion

Of course this won't happen
You're right, it won't happen. Because it's not that big a deal.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.