Cora our in Boston

2,473 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cromagnum
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only question now is how long his suspension is.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Alex Cora, Red Sox mutually agree to part ways
45-70Ag
AG
Kurtgen thinks he's getting hit with a minimum five year suspension and wouldn't be surprised if he was put on the permanently ineligible list for orchestrating the thing at two places.
Harry Stone
AG
I wonder how the Dodgers feel right now.
Cromagnum
AG
Harry Stone said:

Dont go searching online. A lot of them feel they deserve the 2017 and 2018 WS by default.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Harry Stone said:

They probably feel like they shouldn't have dropped two games at home.
BassCowboy33
Some of my peers in sports reporter circles think it's a lifetime ban. Whatever it is, it'll be vicious.
Philip J Fry
AG
Dodgers should be careful. I have no doubt they were doing this too.
ORAggieFan
Philip J Fry said:

I'd love to know the evidence you have to support this "no doubt" belief you have.
AustinAg2K
Why is Cora's ban going to be worse than Hinch? I haven't really followed the story much, but did he do something additional?
Deluxe
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Why is Cora's ban going to be worse than Hinch? I haven't really followed the story much, but did he do something additional?

He (allegedly) has two counts of defying the commissioner as a coach with two separate teams. Hinch only had one.
AustinAg2K
Deluxe said:

AustinAg2K said:

He (allegedly) has two counts of defying the commissioner as a coach with two separate teams. Hinch only had one.

I guess I don't get why that if worse, unless the Commish told Cora not to steal signs when he got the Boston job. Hinch continued to steal signs for half of 2018, too.
FireAg
AG
I fully expect Cora to get the permaban...
DrZ
AG
If you believe the report it says he and Beltron were the guys behind the whole thing.
Petrino1
AustinAg2K said:

Deluxe said:

AustinAg2K said:

I guess I don't get why that if worse, unless the Commish told Cora not to steal signs when he got the Boston job. Hinch continued to steal signs for half of 2018, too.
Cora was basically the architect of the stealing signs scheme while he was with the Astros, he orchestrated the whole thing per the MLB investigation. Hinch knew it was going on, but was not an active participant, and did not report it. Also, Cora did it on two different World Series teams. He deserves much stiffer punishment than Hinch.
ORAggieFan
And now Beltran "steps down".
West Point Aggie
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Philip J Fry said:

I'd love to know the evidence you have to support this "no doubt" belief you have.

He has NO evidence...just a "misery loves company" wish
Cromagnum
AG
Cora to get a front office gig after whatever punishment comes down?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/redsox/2020/01/alex-coras-future-could-include-front-office-path-red-sox-hinting-that-sign-stealing-punishments-might-not-be-so-bad-chris-cotillo-mlb-notebook.html%3foutputType=amp
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.