Astros = CHEATERS

156,446 Views | 1481 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggies2009
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take the 2017 championship away. They didn't earn it fair and square. Their own player admitted it.

Astros accused of high-tech sign-stealing scheme during 2017 championship season
Frok
AG
Meh, it was worth it.

Rangers are too stupid to steal signs.

astros4545
AG
Ags #1
AG
LOL
JJxvi
AG
The Rangers are actually one of a handful of teams considered adept and on the forefront of stealing signs. (Along with the Astros, Red Sox, Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Yankees). I also suspect that the player mentioned in the article came to the Astros from the Rangers.
03_Aggie
He's a Cubs fan. Lord knows nothing crooked ever happens in Chicago.
Frok
AG
My apologies Rangers fans, I figured he was one of you.
cc10106
Not happening but keep crying, chubs fan.
diehard03
Quote:

He's a Cubs fan. Lord knows nothing crooked ever happens in Chicago.

To be fair, Cubs are owned by a right wing family and the city reminds them of that that every chance they get.
Danny Vermin
This should shock no-one as the Astros are trash just like their fans. Not only was 2017 a fluke, it was only because they cheated. It should be taken off the record books.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Prime0882
AG
Danny Vermin said:

This should shock no-one as the Astros are trash just like their fans. Not only was 2017 a fluke, it was only because they cheated. It should be taken off the record books.

Cause this is the worst thing to ever happen in postseason history.
J.P. 03
AG
You know what teams who aren't guilty do when reports like this come out? Deny them vehemently and immediately. As for the Astros...

astros4545
AG
Josh Hamilton or Odor touched any more kids lately?

Bulldog73
AG
Like they did a couple weeks ago with the associate GM that blew up in their face?
Unemployed
AG
Cheaters sometimes win. Come and take it, btches.
Silent For Too Long
Danny Vermin said:

I knew our resident wet blankets would be rushing here to flood the thread with their bitter resentment and tears.

Thank you for not dissapointing.
Proposition Joe
Weird that 7-8 different teams have won the World Series the last decade or so (some multiple times) but Astros are the only ones that have been accused of cheating multiple times by multiple teams/players.
Silent For Too Long
Proposition Joe said:

Weird that 7-8 different teams have won the World Series the last decade or so (some multiple times) but Astros are the only ones that have been accused of cheating multiple times by multiple teams/players.

What?

The Red Sox were accused of the exact same thing literally just last year.

Do better research.
Deluxe
AG
Yep. The Red Sox have won multiple World Series in the last decade and have actually been fined for cheating. Poor research job by Rangers fan.
Proposition Joe
Defending cheating.
Mike Elko
AG
Ha, sinners. Houston gonna Houston. Falls in line with Osuna, Taubman, others... And the city in general.
Ag_07
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

On the surface this looks like a smoking gun.

But how can anyone tell they're using cameras? How does he know they're not tipping their pitches?

And why is this the only footage that exists of this happening when supposedly so widespread?
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Ag_07 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

On the surface this looks like a smoking gun.

But how can anyone tell they're using cameras? How does he know they're not tipping their pitches?

And why is this the only footage that exists of this happening when supposedly so widespread?

I agree with your statements, there's no way to determine if it was tipped pitches or a camera. It still looks bad though

Here's more footage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/dvfp94/george_springer_hitting_a_home_run_in_september/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

EDIT: I should say, I think this is probably widespread throughout the league and the Astros just so happen to be the team that's gonna take it in the chin over it. Short of catching them red handed there's no way to officially prove it. The league is gonna have to go Fort Knox in the outfield and dugout/clubhouse to prevent this from happening in the future.
Ag_07
AG
Again looks bad but that was an 80 mph hanging change up.

That wasn't a filthy pitch he never flinched on that left you thinking 'How'd he layoff that pitch?'
bigcat22
AG
There does seem to be some data outliers over the past few years...

MSFC Aggie
AG
Based on that strikeout rate....obviously the Rangers aren't stealing signs
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Ag_07 said:

Again looks bad but that was an 80 mph hanging change up.

That wasn't a filthy pitch he never flinched on that left you thinking 'How'd he layoff that pitch?'

Agree, it's a horrible pitch. But it's the same trash can noise as the other video so it's not a one time thing. I'm sure as people dig through 2017 footage more and more clips like that will he found. Maybe that's the Astros way to signal when they realize a pitcher is tipping pitches, maybe it's their signal for a super duper secret camera sign stealing system.

I'm a Rangers fan but I'm also not naive, I'm sure this is widespread through MLB. The league will investigate the Astros, they won't find evidence because the only thing that could prove it would be catching them in the act, and from there the league is going to institute extremely strict policies around the clubhouse and outfield. That's how this is gonna go.
Ag_07
AG
Completely agree

And I'm denying they're relaying something from the dugout I'm just saying those videos while they look pretty damning don't really prove anything of the super secret camera sign stealing conspiracy.
JJxvi
AG

Quote:

Agree, it's a horrible pitch. But it's the same trash can noise as the other video so it's not a one time thing. I'm sure as people dig through 2017 footage more and more clips like that will he found. Maybe that's the Astros way to signal when they realize a pitcher is tipping pitches, maybe it's their signal for a super duper secret camera sign stealing system.

I'm a Rangers fan but I'm also not naive, I'm sure this is widespread through MLB. The league will investigate the Astros, they won't find evidence because the only thing that could prove it would be catching them in the act, and from there the league is going to institute extremely strict policies around the clubhouse and outfield. That's how this is gonna go.
The "super duper crazy secret sign stealing system" was having the live game broadcast available in the tunnel.

This was an MLB wide problem to such an extent that MLB introduced extensive rules prior to the 2019 season to weed it out (thats right, MLB already knew about this practice and took steps to eliminate it a year ago).

Its now mandatory that all dugout and clubhouse feeds are on an 8 second delay. Video monitors in the tunnel were banned. Clubs can have one live feed for replay review purposes but an MLB employee is present to make sure that it is viewed by only one allowed club employee. They also banned any non broadcast outfield cameras from foul pole to foul pole (but really teams were using the broadcast feeds) and instituted scheduled and unscheduled inspection process where all cameras and monitors in the ballpark must have an approved MLB purpose.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Good on MLB then. I guess this now comes down to what proof can be brought forward that it was still being done in 2018 and 2019 since Friers is the "whistleblower" and he changed teams after 2017.
misterguinness
AG
Deluxe said:

Yep. The Red Sox have won multiple World Series in the last decade and have actually been fined for cheating. Poor research job by Rangers fan.
Whataboutism is for those with no true defense of their egregious actions.
2+2=5
Silent For Too Long
Proposition Joe said:

Defending cheating.

Says something difinitevly wrong.

Gets called out.

Moves goal posts.
Silent For Too Long
misterguinness said:

Deluxe said:

Whataboutism is for those with no true defense of their egregious actions.

Is your reading comprehension really that bad?

This was in response to a poster implying only the Astros, of all recent WS winners, were accused of this, which is laughably and embarrassingly inaccurate.
jkag89
Danny Vermin said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.