*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,188 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
AustinAg2K
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

it was a good play for Bracamonte

Great catch, but the dude totally gave the right fielder Covid with the high 5.
iBrad
AG
Dan_Shedd said:

This is awesome

Sponsored by Budweiser, but it looked like they were all drinking Crawford Bocks.
Beat40
I watched some MLS soccer on ESPN tonight....and man am I ready for some baseball.
dvldog
AG
iBrad said:

Dan_Shedd said:

This is awesome

Sponsored by Budweiser, but it looked like they were all drinking Crawford Bocks.

https://fortune.com/2016/11/03/ab-inbev-buys-karbach-craft/
Marvin
AG
Enjoyed watching the baseball talk in that video but it looked like a NASCAR interview- everybody had to show their product and take a sip before talking.

I liked Blummer's thoughts on this team having a chip on their shoulder.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Bulldog73
AG
I know it's not a new development, but RIP Karbach.
AstroAggie15
AG
Bulldog73 said:

What??
HvilleAggie
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Bulldog73 said:

What??

Neckbeards gonna neckbeard
iBrad
AG
Guess I should have googled. I visited the Karbach site looking for references to AB.
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906
AG
WTF

spadilly
S
astros4545
AG
If this stops a practice, there is no chance a season happens
Bulldog73
AG
No, sorry, just that it was bought out by InBev which is notorious for destroying what made breweries unique.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
Yup...And to think there are folks who think we'll see college football in the fall.

It ain't happening.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
07ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

https://ts.la/eric59704
Ag_07
AG
You just hate to see it
Deluxe
AG
I guess roids don't help with Covid immunity
bearkatag15
AG

Injuries for Judge already starting
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Injuries for Judge already starting

MLB is gonna be cancelled once the Yankees realize their star players won't be ready for opening day
redline248
AG
If euro soccer, british soccer and MLS can all play games...wtf is wrong with MLB (and college football, for that matter)?
Ag_07
AG
redline248 said:

If euro soccer, british soccer and MLS can all play games...wtf is wrong with MLB (and college football, for that matter)?

The hysteria surrounding this virus here is ridiculous and the data we're using to make decisions is close to useless.

Basically it's pretty much a shlt show here.

Hell the Skeeters started play WITH fans.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
astros4545 said:

What does this mean in English?
Pahdz
redline248 said:

Not so fast with MLS, they've had two teams withdraw.

Other places pull it off because people have more respect for others. Here we're too busy *****ing about "muh freedums" hence the spread.

I wish people would be more decent so we could have things like baseball, football, etc. The answer isn't "full lockdown or nothing" it's in the middle but of course this is America and there is no nuance or middle ground anymore.
Aggies2009
AG
Pahdz said:

redline248 said:

Not so fast with MLS, they've had two teams withdraw.

Other places pull it off because people have more respect for others. Here we're too busy *****ing about "muh freedums" hence the spread.

I wish people would be more decent so we could have things like baseball, football, etc. The answer isn't "full lockdown or nothing" it's in the middle but of course this is America and there is no nuance or middle ground anymore.

Have any evidence to back up why you think the virus spread? Or is it completely anecdotal?
astros4545
AG
Bregman slid into the mentions of a critical fan in 2017

Then went on a tear to finish the season immediately after that comment was known and helped us win the first World Series in team history
tjack16
AG
astros4545 said:

Bregman slid into the mentions of a critical fan in 2017

Then went on a tear to finish the season immediately after that comment was known and helped us win the first World Series in team history

I think it was also around the time when people were saying trade Chris Sale for Bregman
Pahdz
Spread was probably the wrong word. Hard to define what's spread and what's just more tests.

I'm by no means a shut it down person, hell with the exception of wearing a mask into public buildings I'm living my daily life pretty normally. I'm in MN and things seem to be ok here, and you don't have the mad public pissing matches in the government here like what's going on in Houston with Dora and Sly.

The virus isn't as bad as thought and we know way more about it now, but it's still out there. I have to be cautious as my 69 year old mom lives with us and has some of the factors that could contribute to a bad case of COVID if she got it. She'd like no more than anyone to have her Astros and Aggies playing ASAP

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea in order to answer that.
Beat40
Pahdz said:

Spread was probably the wrong word. Hard to define what's spread and what's just more tests.

I'm by no means a shut it down person, hell with the exception of wearing a mask into public buildings I'm living my daily life pretty normally. I'm in MN and things seem to be ok here, and you don't have the mad public pissing matches in the government here like what's going on in Houston with Dora and Sly.

The virus isn't as bad as thought and we know way more about it now, but it's still out there. I have to be cautious as my 69 year old mom lives with us and has some of the factors that could contribute to a bad case of COVID if she got it. She'd like no more than anyone to have her Astros and Aggies playing ASAP

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea in order to answer that.

I think the thing people don't think about is Europe got it really bad in the early spring. Outside of NYC, the entire US shutdown before the virus could really, truly gain a foothold. So little of the population actually got the virus when we shut stuff down. In my opinion, we're just going through what Europe went through earlier. We were always going to increase because so little of the population had the virus when we shut down - it just has spread faster than anticipated due to the bars and the unforeseen massive nationwide protests by millions of people at one time.

I think saying Europeans care more for each other than Americans do is a little unfair on the whole.

Anyway, I think to get back on topic, I ultimately think the season won't get played. However, I think the MLB should forge ahead because I think it's possible around mid-August or beginning of September we're in a much better spot.
iBrad
AG
This virus isn't going anywhere. Lockdowns just delayed the inevitable, and we don't even know how much the lockdowns helped, because opening up has coincided with significantly more testing. No other country comes close to us in testing.

At this point, everything is so politicized that you can't believe any of it. Holiday gatherings supposedly led to the spike in cases, but the protests have not contributed. It's a virus, people. Any considerable amount of human interaction is going to increase the likelihood of spreading it.

We have people blaming our officials at all levels both for not containing the virus and the unemployment rate. Crazy times we live in made crazier by the upcoming election. Sports would be a nice unifying distraction, which is why there's so much push to prevent them by some. I sure hope we see games this year, but I'm in "believe it when I see it mode".
gougler08
AG
I know that Europe is doing better right now than we are, but I'll be pretty disappointed if every European soccer league finishes out their season and the US can't get any major season completed / started. Follow the protocol the euros have setup, tweak it as needed to match where we are and let's ****ing play
TexAgs1992
gougler08 said:

I know that Europe is doing better right now than we are, but I'll be pretty disappointed if every European soccer league finishes out their season and the US can't get any major season completed / started. Follow the protocol the euros have setup, tweak it as needed to match where we are and let's ****ing play

Bingo. It will showcase the ineptitude of these leagues.
bearkatag15
AG

Shocked a national media outlet tweeted out something favorable towards the Astros
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.