*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,743 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a bad idea. I feel like it's overkill though - I already have an XBox 360 (NCAA14) and Xbox One. I'm sure I'll be buying the new Xbox system this fall/next year whenever it comes out.

I basically would only be buying the PS4 for this game. That's what, $300?

Maybe I could sell my Xbox One.
Mr.Bond
AG
Playstation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bulldog73
AG
Wrong forum and all, but why XBox next gen over the Ps5? Just what you and buddies have? That's why I went PlayStation, but the exclusives for PS are much more my speed the XBox.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm sure we could have the PS vs Xbox debate all day, and I'm nowhere near informed enough to know..... All the people I've ever played games with are on Xbox. Most of this is NCAA 14, so the Xbox360 will stay around until it quits on me.

If PS is that much better, maybe we can all switch together with this new console.
JABQ04
AG
Absolutely. Still doesn't garner any sympathy with me. I get the family separation thing but it's not like they don't "suffer" through it during the season for Close to two weeks at a pop at times. A lot of us are still going to work, mixing with crowds at grocery stores. If MLB says play, play. Absence makes the heart grow fonder or some *****
Bregxit
AG
I have Xbox One X and my eight year old saved gift money for 18 months and got PS4.

I'll be upgrading both when they come out.
CFTXAG10
AG
Got rid of my PS4 early last year b/c I just didn't have the time to play it. Bought a new Xbox One Digital for like $120 when this whole quarantine crap started back in March. I miss MLB The Show. If I play this Xbox enough I might splurge a bit on the new Playstation when it comes out. The new controllers with the built in mics look sick. An Astros thread The Show competition would be fun!
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, I'm really regretting not keeping one of my previous gen systems. I gave NCAA to a buddy because I'd traded in the system to get a PS4. I didn't really care between XBone or PS4, but my buddies were going PS, so I band wagoned. It's been fun having a system our group is all on.

However, it's expected that next year The Show will no longer be a PS exclusive, so never mind about all that.
https://lastwordonbaseball.com/2019/12/10/sonys-mlb-the-show-will-no-longer-be-a-playstation-exclusive/
n_touch
Invites out?
CoachRTM
AG
If i got the game tomorrow and joined, would my team be way behind you guys?

Not sure how the diamond dynasty teams work.
Ag_07
AG
Think you guys could start another thread?

No offense but I don't game and don't really need to keep up with the e-league.
agproducer
AG
n_touch said:

Invites out?

N_touch, I've sent two invites. Yours will be the 4th. We need more players. We may have to open it up to TexaAgs players.
agproducer
AG
CoachRTM said:

If i got the game tomorrow and joined, would my team be way behind you guys?

Not sure how the diamond dynasty teams work.

Yes. The league hasn't started yet. For Diamond Dynasty teams, you get baseball card packs through stubs. Standard game you get some stubs. I bought the middle tier game to get more stubs. You can buy and sell cards through the marketplace to help build your team, and during the league, you can continue to build your team. Also, playing more earns you stubs.
Mr.Bond
AG
agproducer said:

n_touch said:

Invites out?

N_touch, I've sent two invites. Yours will be the 4th. We need more players. We may have to open it up to TexaAgs players.

Spent 30 minutes designing team uniforms and we can't even use them in the league.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
No shocker here. Strom likely kicked corona virus's ass.

03_Aggie
Ag_07 said:

Think you guys could start another thread?

No offense but I don't game and don't really need to keep up with the e-league.

Because there's so much going on now?
tjack16
AG
I'd be down for mlb the show.

Tholley16
Ag_07
AG
True

Just annoying to see a lot of action/replies on the thread then click to see it's a bunch of MLB Show talk
agproducer
AG
I started a separate The Show thread for people who want to play. We are looking for players.
spadilly
S
I miss baseball.

Alex Bregman
AG
I miss sports
Mr.Bond
AG
What is bul**** I'm reading about possible division realignment for 2020?

expresswrittenconsent
Mr.Bond said:

What is bul**** I'm reading about possible division realignment for 2020?

Link? Presumably as part of a short 2020 schedule?
Mr.Bond
AG
Report: MLB considering divisional realignment for 2020 season
https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1969677

Jackal99
AG
That doesn't sound terrible, if it's only for one season. It would be fun to watch some of those games, and it sure as hell would be better than no baseball at all.
Bregxit
AG
I don't see anything wrong with that if it gets us any kind of baseball season at all.
Mathguy64
AG
That Cactus League NW Division: Brewers, Pads, Mariners, Rangers and Royals. That is so brutally bad. The Brewers might have a .750 win %. The Rangers finish second because someone has to.
falcon09
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Of course the Yankees get 4 bottom feeders while the Red Sox get the Twins, Braves and Rays and the Astros get the Nats and Cardinals.
CoachRTM
AG
They should just go all out and have fun at this point.

Let's have a fantasy draft with 8 or 16 teams. Let celebrities draft the teams and make up fun team names and uniforms, play all the games in Arizona or Florida. Shortened season of like 40-50 games and then a full post-season.

Return to normal next year.
dshedd41
S
https://instagr.am/p/B-znCO8AgY-
Gig’em Aggies!
Marvin
AG
falcon09 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Of course the Yankees get 4 bottom feeders while the Red Sox get the Twins, Braves and Rays and the Astros get the Nats and Cardinals.

It's a logical geographic split based on spring training locations in Florida.
tjack16
AG
Could they just keep the same divisions we have now and divide them between locations??
falcon09
AG
tjholley16 said:

Could they just keep the same divisions we have now and divide them between locations??
That almost works for the East and West divisions. All of the AL and NL East teams play in Florida and every AL and NL West team play in Arizona, except for the Astros. Just put the Royals in with the AL West (where they were pre-'94) and then only the Central divisions would be a hodge-podge.

The Astros get to play the Cardinals and Pirates on a regular basis again and the Chicago and Ohio teams are all in a division together.
Ag_07
AG
I didn't read any of the realignment details but it has me thinking they're just gonna play in AZ and FL and use their respective spring training facilities as home parks. No fans

This way they'll have familiar locker rooms and I guess somewhat of a home field advantage (more just sense of home really) and travel can be minimal and by bus.
Farmer1906
AG
Brewers
Padres
Mariners
Rangers
Royals

Hole

Lee

Fuuuuuck

What a **** division. At least try to make them even.
First Page Last Page
Page 203 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.