*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,212 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
props to Clark --- doing his job
BigPuma
AG
Buck Compton said:

Jackal99 said:

MaxPower said:

Dick Justice already said from the Boston investigation a 3rd team will now be investigated (not the crank yankers). I don't know if that's "blowing up" but it's getting harder and harder to say it's isolated. Remember his original comments were it was just the Astros. He's already lost that credibility.

Richard Justice lost his credibility a long time ago.
Manfred's credibility
Both
Beat40
Trash people gonna trash.
Marvin
AG
. . . said:

This intrepid reporter will be down there starting Sunday and will report back on any shenanigans during the week. Hopefully opposing fans will at least be funny with their insults...
Wabs
AG
Marvin said:

. . . said:

This intrepid reporter will be down there starting Sunday and will report back on any shenanigans during the week. Hopefully opposing fans will at least be funny with their insults...
Tell the opposing fans you have something for them

safety guy
AG
Here's what mlb should do. People not in the main stream media are seeing this as a much larger deal than the Astros and involving the biggest teams in the game. Manfred needs to come out and state that this issue has involved a multitude of teams including the Astros, Red Sox, Yankees, and dodgers. Highlighting those teams does not delegitimize 2017 or 2018. Going forward, mlb will have a rep in each dugout to validate the ethics of the game. The rep will monitor the electronics, communications, bats, balls and will examine pitchers gloves and hats each inning. If it sounds overbearing, well the game brought it upon itself. If baseball says they can't afford it, I would say "can you afford not to do it". Cause right now it is apparent they are sweeping a lot under the rug and this thing is fixing to get real ugly. People are going to get physically hurt real bad the way things are going and not just players. Imagine an Astros fan in yankee stadium or visa versus. There are the youth leagues banning Astros names. If I lived in those areas and had a kid laying, I would wear my Astros gear to every function.
Wabs
AG
There was a brawl outside MMP after G2 of the 2017 ALCS between some drunk (and butthurt) Yankee fans and some Astro fans. Can you imagine what it's going be like this year???
. . .
Agnzona
I think it will be interesting to see what the affects of all of this are on the franchises net value in 5 or 10 years. It is certainly going to take a hit.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Ag_07
AG
I don't think so.

Majority of revenue comes on the local scale. Fans here are still gonna buy merch and ticket sales won't be hurt either.

It's not like there a bunch of casual nationwide fans that are just gonna stop buying Astro merch because of this.
htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't think so.

Majority of revenue comes on the local scale. Fans here are still gonna buy merch and ticket sales won't be hurt either.

It's not like there a bunch of casual nationwide fans that are just gonna stop buying Astro merch because of this.
Agreed. Hell, we may even get more national games picked up because of it.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Ag_07
AG
And I think they're gonna sell a shlt ton of merch that has ForTheH on it.
wangus12
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't think so.

My favorite fan reactions are the sanctimonious *****es on social media that are all

"I'm a huge Astros fan, but I'm just so devastated and hurt my team and their actions. I won't be watching or attending any games this year and possibly into the future. Only time will tell if the ball club can change their views, vacate the title and win me back."

Person is either a troll or started watching post 2017.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

And I think they're gonna sell a shlt ton of merch that has ForTheH on it.
I'm thinking of even being something with that slogan if it looks good enough, and I usually don't by much merch myself.
CFTXAG10
AG
Waiting on n_touch with a For The H RTIC design
htxag09
AG

https://www.facebook.com/114154231955451/posts/2706337849403730/?d=n

A graphic company i follow on Facebook, Leonetti Graphics
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
As I said before they aren't looking over for signs. They're getting defensive positioning and defensive plays. The catchers call the pitches.

And for the poster above from what I've read and as I understand it. Most catchers lead the game planning as well. Pitching coaches are there for technique, picking up mechanical issues etc. major league pit hers and catchers call their game.

And most importantly....they aren't giving that up.
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Kashchei
AG
Trash people are gonna trash
Philip J Fry
AG
Hopefully all this will just light a fire under them to dominate the 2020 season.
JABQ04
AG
Mr.Bond said:

To paraphrase what I saw on Facebook, people these days forgot that not too long ago talking **** and threatening someone got you knocked the **** out.
Beat40
Kashchei said:

Trash people are gonna trash

Beat40 said:

Trash people gonna trash.

I like the cut of your jib!
Z100
AG
great find htxag09. came here to post the same shirt.
Nino Brown
No it's not. The catcher shakes off the pitching coach then gets new signal.
Wabs
AG
Gotta get one....

Dknut
Have y'all seen this one yet?

https://leo2go.itemorder.com/product/13465027

blob:https://texags.com/2d2f35ce-6f30-41a8-9d19-75acced8f4e4
Wabs
AG
Exsurge Domine
Mr.Bond said:

Absolutely! "I think I'm going to go log on the twitter dot com and wish Josh Reddick's children an awful death.....oh they apologized? Never mind, that wouldn't be rational"
Texaggie7nine
I think it's time to being it out. The other teams are starting to suffer from ADS....
7nine
bearkatag15
AG

Reddick's wife
JohnnyTexAg1995
Just boarding flight to West Palm Beach! Time to get this season started and get this offseason over with!
bearkatag15
AG

Strom is prepping everyone for his retirement after this year
Nino Brown
I sincerely don't know why many just don't get it yet. Several teams involved based on fact from actual MLB players. Many suspicions were reported to the league in regards to several teams and nothing done. Yet we're all surprised that some were pushing the envelope.

Baseball has so many moving parts and there will always be some sort of bending the rules by "some" on teams and the entire team will take the blame. History of baseball also tells us that the full truth never comes out until at least 5-10 years in order to protect the game, steroids, greenies and sign stealing included.

Don't hold your breath on a harsh punishment for the Sox or deeper investigation with the Yankees or any other teams at this time. As a few other managers have stated, they were aware of several teams but now won't mention who.

History will speak very kindly of players like Altuve who admitted some of the things that were going on even if he wasn't involved.
CFTXAG10
AG
Baseball today
5:05pm
vs. Nats
Javier vs. Scherzer
Game will be on MLB Network
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.