*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,030,562 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Water Turkey07 said:

Did anything concrete come out today about buzzers or cheating in 2019 or did this all happen because of Beltran's fake niece?

Oh no

MLB issued a statement that said it investigated electronic devices on players and found no evidence that they were being used.

Pretty concrete
Pahdz
Hahaha
Teddy Perkins
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
new GM's first priority should be trading for Mike Fiers.
Mathguy64
AG
I think there wouldn't be much left of Fiers after JV and Bregs took care of bidness
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My plan was to make him pitch every inning of every game until he suffers a career-ending injury, but that sounds good too.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
n_touch
dshedd41 said:

I think the internet sleuths are missing as bad as Reddick at breaking balls
Nino Brown
Best PR move at this point would be hiring Hinch back and let him serve out is suspension. Citing that a manager would never risk his career with a second violation and has been punished enough for what Beltran and co did at three different organizations including the stros, Yankees and what he taught Cora and implemented with the Red Sox. **** em, make their heads explode.
Farmer1906
AG
Nino Brown
Or, we hire Beltran as manager. He's not suspended and would be then protected with a job to open up with the truth with Yankees as well. Talk about an exciting start to 2020 season.

They just stated on MLB network, "Carlos Beltran and MLB are better when they're together." Pay the man.
k20dub
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Shut it down... This wins the internet.
n_touch
I can't find it, but wasn't there a story about Taubman and him confronting some people in Yankee stadium?
EagleAg19
Greatest thing I've ever seen. In a weird, twisted way I'm starting to enjoy the chaos. Burn it all down.
Nino Brown
The greatest thing I've ever heard was just on MLB. Beltran played a "key role" in the cheating scandal per report but there was no cheating going on in 15 as a player or there was no cheating when he was a "special assistant" in NY in 2018. Ok
n_touch
Found it Paranoid Astros falsely accused Yankees of using camera to cheat
W
AG
mathguy86 said:

Manfred is going to kill Mike Fiers for opening this door.
yes, it's awesome how all this is blowing up on Manfred & MLB.

can't go after just 1 or 2 teams when the whole league is doing it and all the players know it
W
AG
and Jessica Mendoza...I missed her comments earlier. Calling out Fiers -- that was gutsy in her dual role as Mets advisor and ESPN analyst
W
AG
falcon09 said:

Nothing about Springer avoiding arbitration with a 1 year deal? Reported at $21M.
so George will become a free agent after the 2020 season.

I guess an extension was not offered or not accepted.

if he's like most players...he'll have a monster season in his contract year
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hire Taubman to simultaneously manage the Astros, Red Sox, and Mets using video technology in all three dugouts.
irish pete ag06
AG
k20dub said:

That's simply incredible.
tremble
AG
This is pure art. Michelangelo weeps at its beauty.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Stros getting rosted on national radio right now
aTm2004
AG
Based in NY?
aTm2004
AG
Deluxe
AG
Adam Clanton can be annoying sometimes but I give him credit for being one of the only Houston blue star guys who will actively be a voice for the Astros on Twitter. Need more. It's such an unfair fight. NY influenced everything as per the usual. Establishment stays establishment.

Yankees hire Carlos Beltran to be special adviser? Who cares. Altuve doesn't want his jersey ripped off? HE'S WEARING A BUZZER!!
bearkatag15
AG
John Granato on ESPN 97.5 said he heard from someone close to the team that Springer is good with signing an extension this spring, he said they will get it done in the spring.
Deluxe
AG
I had forgotten that Beltran gave Yuli a "tip" in June that totally turned his season around...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/astros/amp/Astros-insider-How-Carlos-Beltran-helped-to-14068517.php
SquirrellyDan
AG
EagleAg19 said:

Greatest thing I've ever seen. In a weird, twisted way I'm starting to enjoy the chaos. Burn it all down.
I feel similarly. I'd been an Astros fan for so long that when we won in 2017, 2018 was just not the same as previous years. The allure of what it would be like to win a WS was gone. Anyways, I'm more pumped about this coming season than I've been since we won......seeing people's heads explode when we again are one of the best teams in baseball is going to be fantastic.
n_touch
Deluxe said:

I had forgotten that Beltran gave Yuli a "tip" in June that totally turned his season around...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/astros/amp/Astros-insider-How-Carlos-Beltran-helped-to-14068517.php

So what your really saying is that Beltran updated the firmware on Yuli's buzzer while in NY?
Ag_07
AG
Deluxe said:

Don't forget the "drill" he taught Carlos in 2017 that helped him catch up to FBs.
wangus12
AG
k20dub said:

gambochaman
AG
I love that people are now accusing Reddick of wearing a device....you mean the guy that batted like 1 for 100 in the post season in 2017? that guy?
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.