*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,030,965 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
07ag said:

Panama Red said:

Bregxit said:

07ag said:

8pm home games. boo

I am probably in the minority but with the trade off being our west coast games are at 8pm also, I kinda don't mind it. Sure beats a bunch of 9pm games.

Other than those that eat supper at 4:30 or those with a parent that makes them go to bed before 10, who else is against it?

8:00 is great.
those of us with jobs where we need to be in the office by 7am and like to get a healthy amount of sleep
Tell them you have COVID-19 anytime a game goes past 11 p.m.

Or get a job where you don' t have to be there at 7
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I don't want to turn this into a covid thread but absolutely the deaths are overstated. It's more like deaths with Covid, not deaths due to Covid.
Panama Red
AG
07ag said:

Panama Red said:

Bregxit said:

07ag said:

8pm home games. boo

I am probably in the minority but with the trade off being our west coast games are at 8pm also, I kinda don't mind it. Sure beats a bunch of 9pm games.

Other than those that eat supper at 4:30 or those with a parent that makes them go to bed before 10, who else is against it?

those of us with jobs where we need to be in the office by 7am and like to get a healthy amount of sleep

I think you will manage without your usual 10 hours of sleep for a couple of months.
3B Paul 97
AG
Only twice are there three 8pm nights in a row. Normally, just to back games with earlier times between.
07ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

07ag said:

Panama Red said:

Bregxit said:

07ag said:

8pm home games. boo

Tell them you have COVID-19 anytime a game goes past 11 p.m.

Or get a job where you don' t have to be there at 7
nah i'll just miss the end of a few games. counted it up and looks like 15 midweek games,, not too bad i suppose, before yesterday i was expecting closer to half
https://ts.la/eric59704
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Panama Red said:

I think you will manage without your usual 10 hours of sleep for a couple of months.

That really made me laugh out loud. Seriously Dude, I've been getting 4-6 hours of sleep a night for like 5 years, suck it up.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
What time do you go to bed? You can't function a few days a week going to bed at 11/11:30
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've got a few open spots in an all-Aggie (mostly) ESPN Fantasy Baseball League if anyone wants to join.

The draft is Wednesday the 22nd at 8:30 p.m. CDT

We play traditional rotisserie rules except that instead of SB on offense, we use OBP.

drop your email here and I'll invite you. The core 5-6 of us have been playing together since the late 90s and most of us graduated between 94-96.
Marvin
AG
I'm still trying to figure out why the Astros are scheduled to play 13 games at Oak and LAA and only 7 at home. Our biggest divisional competition in terms of odds/outlook, and we play two-thirds of those games on the road?

In what world does this seem reasonable?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
agproducer
AG
Marvin said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the Astros are scheduled to play 13 games at Oak and LAA and only 7 at home. Our biggest divisional competition in terms of odds/outlook, and we play two-thirds of those games on the road?

Well, if the Astros can hit on the road the way they did in 2017, I don't see a problem.

But, you're right. It's *****
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Marvin said:

the world where 130,000 Americans have died since March, I reckon.

We're getting screwed over because of geography, but so are the Rangers, the Rockies, and the Diamond backs. It's the burden of being in the bigger states that don't have giant population centers crammed into tiny geographical areas.
07ag
AG
cpsencik04 said:

What time do you go to bed? You can't function a few days a week going to bed at 11/11:30
usually in bed by 10, up before 6. value my sleep
YNWA_AG
AG
We have the exact same schedule with mariners as the a's do with us. Luck of the draw. Unfortunate we get the 7 home games against mariners,
The Lost
Marvin said:

The schedule is unbalanced, and they know it, but what can you do in 2020?
Marvin
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Marvin said:

the world where 130,000 Americans have died since March, I reckon.

We're getting screwed over because of geography, but so are the Rangers, the Rockies, and the Diamond backs. It's the burden of being in the bigger states that don't have giant population centers crammed into tiny geographical areas.

Athletics: Best division rivals are Angels and Astros... 14 of 20 at home
Astros: Best division rivals are Angels and Athletics... 7 of 20 at home

That seems a bit skewed, and I don't believe for one second that the pandemic is the cause.

Marvin
AG
Ok, I'll stop crying now.
Bregxit
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Panama Red said:

That really made me laugh out loud. Seriously Dude, I've been getting 4-6 hours of sleep a night for like 5 years, suck it up.

I run the same way and have for well over a decade. I add a few hours on weekends.

But maybe he is just taking the advice of JV and Bregman regarding sleep.
The Lost
Also got an email from mlb.tv saying i can get ~$75 refund or credit to next year with the new schedule announcement
tjack16
AG
Home field advantage won't be as big of a deal this year. Plus we are a great road hitting team
Marvin
AG
tjholley16 said:

Home field advantage won't be as big of a deal this year. Plus we are a great road hitting team

Agreed. I just had my jimmies rustled.
tjack16
AG
I actually think we are in a good spot. The East is going to be brutal with the Yankees, Rays, Braves, Phillies, Nationals and potentially Blue Jays and Red Sox if they put it together.

Central has the Cubs, Indians, Twins, Brewers, Reds, White Sox and Cardinals who all figure to contend for their divisions

West has Houston, LAD, LAA, Arizona and Oakland. If trout sits out then bye bye LAA

People are underestimating how much some of those Central teams have improved this offseason. The West is very winnable
The Lost
tjholley16 said:

This will be interesting, some are hypothesizing that the players not having anything to do on the road will make it tougher between being concerned about the rona and just staying in their rooms rather than staying relaxed enjoying the cities their in.
bearkatag15
AG

Man Cole turned into a huge ***** lol. He'll have a long year if he's getting upset about not getting to reuse the balls he likes
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
CoachRTM
AG
You realize he basically did that the whole time he played for us, right?
DVC2010
AG
CoachRTM said:

You realize he basically did that the whole time he played for us, right?

Yes, but last year it was cool because he wasn't wearing pinstripes.
Ag_07
AG
I love Jomboy just nonchalantly multiple times mentioning he's reaching for pine tar.

Other teams do that and he makes a breakdown video chastising them as cheaters.

F that guy!!!
bigjag19
AG
Any leads on a swanging and banging I can get this week?
wangus12
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Panama Red said:

I've been doing 6 hours for like 8 years. I stay up late and get up early to get to work by 7. I always thought my body would adjust and I'd start going to bed earlier. Nope, I'm just more tired these days.
iBrad
AG
I gave up caffeine over five years ago, and after doing so, started sleeping better and started sleeping less. At most, I sleep seven hours. It's usually in the six-hour range and I feel fine throughout the day.
irish pete ag06
AG
iBrad said:

I gave up caffeine over five years ago, and after doing so, started sleeping better and started sleeping less. At most, I sleep seven hours. It's usually in the six-hour range and I feel fine throughout the day.
You are a brave man. Caffeine is my one true vice. Mainly through coffee alone, black. I've read so much news (propaganda) about how healthy black coffee is for you, I drink 30 oz a day.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Once I found a nasal canula CPAP machine I can make it on 3-4 hours of sleep per night. That thing has literally saved my life.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
With three kids 2 months ,2 and 4 years old, i live on a caffeine iv drip
07ag
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

With three kids 2 months ,2 and 4 years old, i live on a caffeine iv drip

first one on the way right now,, enjoying sleep while i can
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
You'll learn to survive on 2/3 the sleep you have got your whole life for the next while
First Page Last Page
Page 261 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.