*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,673 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

This will be happening everyday between now and the start of the season. I'm glad that they have a season ready to go, but I am not hopeful it will end in a World Series.
bullard21k
AG
n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

This will be happening everyday between now and the start of the season. I'm glad that they have a season ready to go, but I am not hopeful it will end in a World Series.

IMO we aren't even making it through spring training.

There will be so many positive cases regardless if even symptomatic or any hospitalizations they will just throw in the towel before pitch 1 on opening day.
Buck Compton
AG
Marvin said:

tjholley16 said:

We need to go at least 15-5 against the Rangers and Mariners

The dodgers and A's will be tough

I think the Rays will be stout in a short season. They can ride that pen without much fear of a burnout.
We don't play the Rays, though....
n_touch
I think both sides realized this and wanted to save face with this. At least it shows they "tried" to have a season. It was not on the teams or the owners that it didn't happen.
W
AG
the short season gives the Rays a shot to hang with the Yankees for the division title
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

the short season gives the Rays a shot to hang with the Yankees for the division title

It gives the As the same thing with us. The playing field is a lot more level now.
Panama Red
AG
With 10 games against each AL west opponent, look for 5 game series.
Marvin
AG
Buck Compton said:

Marvin said:

tjholley16 said:

We need to go at least 15-5 against the Rangers and Mariners

The dodgers and A's will be tough

I think the Rays will be stout in a short season. They can ride that pen without much fear of a burnout.
We don't play the Rays, though....

Yes, I am aware. Just pointing out how the short season can really emphasize a team's strengths.
Marvin
AG
Panama Red said:

With 10 games against each AL west opponent, look for 5 game series.

I haven't seen this reported, but are the NL games split 2/2? If so, I assume we would see a mix of 7- and 10-game road trips. Sound right?
gougler08
AG
bullard21k said:

n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

IMO we aren't even making it through spring training.

There will be so many positive cases regardless if even symptomatic or any hospitalizations they will just throw in the towel before pitch 1 on opening day.

The European soccer leagues have figured out how to make this work, our leagues will too
bearkatag15
AG

Way over
07ag
AG
Quote:

Spitting is prohibited
how will altuve survive?
https://ts.la/eric59704
Deluxe
AG
Looks like 35 wins is the 162 equivalent of 94 wins. To get to the 100 win equivalent, we need 38 wins. IMO that counts as a 4th straight 100 win season.
Deluxe
AG
I guess the Yanks are going to be the betting favorite because they draw the most betting action and Cole was such a high profile signing. But it doesn't seem like people are taking into account the inevitable offensive decline from losing Beltran and his schemes. They had some super untalented players post .850+ OPS last year.
Big Al 1992
AG
There should be an over/under on games actually played.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am wondering if they are even going to hassle with selling tickets to these games. Seems like it might not be worth it with all of the uncertainties. Although I have heard from a lot of folks that they would love to have a chance to purchase tickets and would be at MMP in a heartbeat for live baseball.

I guess they could space out the seat availability in their software and then offer up tix to STH's and then a lottery for the public.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am wondering if they are even going to hassle with selling tickets to these games. Seems like it might not be worth it with all of the uncertainties. Although I have heard from a lot of folks that they would love to have a chance to purchase tickets and would be at MMP in a heartbeat for live baseball.

I guess they could space out the seat availability in their software and then offer up tix to STH's and then a lottery for the public.
CFTXAG10
AG

Tegridy
Interesting notes: both leagues will feature the DH.

Any player or coach who gets within 6 feet of an umpire or another player to argue will be subject to immediate ejection...#lame
spadilly
S
CFTXAG10 said:

I was thinking about this earlier today. I wonder if Hidalgo and Turner will even allow fans to go to the games, no matter what MLB says.
With the Gov. Abbott giving local officials the authority to regulate gatherings of 100+ people, I suspect they'll keep the gates closed.
n_touch
Sweet so if you are mad just throw a ball at the ump or player.
CFTXAG10
AG
spadilly said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I was thinking about this earlier today. I wonder if Hidalgo and Turner will even allow fans to go to the games, no matter what MLB says.
With the Gov. Abbott giving local officials the authority to regulate gatherings of 100+ people, I suspect they'll keep the gates closed.
Will be interesting. Maybe if the Astros can show the powers that be a clear plan to open up MMP to fans safely with social distancing/masks then they wouldn't have much of a choice. Especially if those plans were to somehow leak out to the public. Could certainly put a lot of pressure on those two.
JYDog90
AG
Just got an email from the Skeeters saying they are starting a 4 team league in July 3 through Aug 23 and will play 56 games, all of them at Constellation Field, many of them double headers. They are selling tickets starting today.

Pete Incaviglia, Greg Swindell, and Roger and Koby Clemens are managing the teams. Another manager to be announced shortly
Formerly Willy Wonka
gougler08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

spadilly said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Will be interesting. Maybe if the Astros can show the powers that be a clear plan to open up MMP to fans safely with social distancing/masks then they wouldn't have much of a choice. Especially if those plans were to somehow leak out to the public. Could certainly put a lot of pressure on those two.
The tweet above says that Abbott is still going to allow fans...obviously could change if TX gets worse but I'd expect him to hold to that
mazag08
AG
Planning on starting the official season thread in mid July. Feel free to PM me if you have any content you would like to add. Anything anti Yankee goes to the top of the list.
Deluxe
AG
mazag08 said:

Planning on starting the official season thread in mid July. Feel free to PM me if you have any content you would like to add. Anything anti Yankee goes to the top of the list.
This seems like that time when Leno (Mazag) tried to give his late night show to Conan (CFTXAG) and then changed his mind.

With that said, I'm supportive of a Mazag OP.
n_touch
mazag08 said:

Probably should put a bio hazard sign on it.
07ag
AG
mazag08 said:

CFTXAG10
AG
Deluxe said:

mazag08 said:

This seems like that time when Leno (Mazag) tried to give his late night show to Conan (CFTXAG) and then changed his mind.

With that said, I'm supportive of a Mazag OP.
Big Conan stan here, so this is a great compliment. I also support my boy Mazag, I will send some content.
Bregxit
AG
mazag08 said:

07ag
AG
07ag said:

mazag08 said:

Marvin
AG
The Yuli prayer candle made me LOL.
bigjag19
AG
Marvin said:

How do we get one?
Ag_07
AG
Marvin said:

Good to see he has both eyes open!
gougler08
AG
Just because of this post, I rewatched the 2017 Game 5 highlights...

**** the Dodgers
First Page Last Page
Page 249 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.