*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,817 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Farmer1906 said:

Watch that then cry your eyes out as they show game 7 as well.

I'd rather wipe my ass with sandpaper

Three more weeks of this and we all may be doing that out of necessity.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CFTXAG10
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
And the Boston report?.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

k20dub
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
That does suck but at this point I'll take a short season over no season at all. If they get started late May or early June in time for Summer that would be amazing
redline248
AG
Mr.Bond said:

And the Boston report?.....

. . .
dshedd41
S
If you guys need some Astros wallpaper for your phones/desktop
Gig’em Aggies!
CFTXAG10
AG
Happy Opening Day!

bearkatag15
AG
Not that anyone cares what this dingleberry thinks... I still love a good projected lineup tweet

I can't wait for a world where Yordan is hitting 6th and it isn't because he is a poor hitter, but simply because there are 5 other hitters just as good or possibly even better than him...
CFTXAG10
AG
That lineup is still so damn beautiful
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
mwm
I am in mourning this morning.
W
AG
it is interesting looking at the Astros' schedule...and thinking about what would be the most favorable start date for the team.

if June 1st is the date...then the 'stros 2020 fate will primarily be determined against the AL Central, NL East, and the Rangers.

most of the games vs. the AL East would be cancelled including all games vs. the Rays and Red Sox. Plus one series vs. the Yankees and one vs. the BlueJays. (however both series vs. the Orioles would be played)

10 games vs. the Angels would be lost and another 10 games vs. the A's. But only 3 vs. the Rangers
Ag_07
AG
Damn completely forgot Toro wasn't even in the lineup but due to Yuli being a late scratch he got in.

And if ATT SportsNet were smart they'd just be replaying the entire 2019 season from the start. Like today would be the Opening Day game and go from there. Not like they have much worthwhile programming with no sports going on. At least we'd have Astros baseball every night.
shano0603
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Not that anyone cares what this dingleberry thinks... I still love a good projected lineup tweet

I can't wait for a world where Yordan is hitting 6th and it isn't because he is a poor hitter, but simply because there are 5 other hitters just as good or possibly even better than him...
I want that to be the lineup, but with Tucker hitting so well, he's near the top of the order.
Ag_07
AG
Just a quick reminder that Ken Giles blows.
astros4545
AG
W said:

it is interesting looking at the Astros' schedule...and thinking about what would be the most favorable start date for the team.

if June 1st is the date...then the 'stros 2020 fate will primarily be determined against the AL Central, NL East, and the Rangers.

most of the games vs. the AL East would be cancelled including all games vs. the Rays and Red Sox. Plus one series vs. the Yankees and one vs. the BlueJays. (however both series vs. the Orioles would be played)

10 games vs. the Angels would be lost and another 10 games vs. the A's. But only 3 vs. the Rangers

That is remarkably in our favor and I would be very pissed if I was another team competing against us if something wasn't done to balance schedules a little
spadilly
S
Aggie Pharmer
AG
spadilly said:

Any chance you can photoshop a surgical mask on John?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
TMACsDaMan
you gotta use Cole to close it out right? you don't send him to the pen just to be a cheerleader?
. . .
shano0603
AG
. . . said:

How do you get demoted during a global pandemic?
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Bond
AG
RIP Toy Cannon

Mr.Bond
AG
shano0603 said:

. . . said:

How do you get demoted during a global pandemic?

Like getting fired in your day off

mazag08
AG
I thought about starting the season thread today.. but with only this..

And the caption: No basebarr for you!
redline248
AG
I have seen the pictures and stuff a lot lately...but I still have a hard time believing...

Is that shtt for real?
Marvin
AG
dshedd41 said:

Damn. My present this past Christmas from Mrs. Marvin was Wynn's shooting star jersey. Took it to spring training last month. Rest in eternal peace, Jimmy!
jkag89
. . .

Quote:

Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have a deal, sources tell ESPN. The players have voted on it already. MLB owners are expected to ratify it tomorrow. An excellent sign that draws a path forward as baseball tries to figure out when it will return.

MLB owners will advance players $170 million for April and May, sources tell ESPN. If there is no season, that money will be kept by the players.

Money will be distributed between four tiers of players - those with guaranteed contracts and those in three different levels of split contracts between majors and minors.

In the deal, MLB has the right to shorten the 2020 draft to five rounds, sources tell ESPN. Additionally, it can delay the start of the international signing period to as late as January 2021.

Amateur will be five rounds in 2020 but can be increased at MLB's discretion, source tells The Athletic. MLB will decide date but draft will be held no later than late July. Also: Players get to sign off on scheduling.

MLB also can shorten the 2021 draft to 20 rounds, and push back the 2021-22 international signing period to January 2022 through December 2022, per sources.

No agreement yet on spring training or roster size. Service time worked out as previously reported: Full year of service for those who are active or on injured list for entirety of shortened season, regardless of length. Same service as that earned in '19 if season is canceled.

The most important thing for the players: In the doomsday scenario of no 2020 season, they will get full service time, meaning Mookie Betts, Trevor Bauer, Marcus Stroman, J.T. Realmuto and others will be free agents in November regardless of whether games are played.

Along these lines, an important -- if a bit wonky -- point: Because the season will clearly be shorter, the arbitration rules will be adjusted so players are not penalized for putting up counting stats that don't stack up to past comparables. Made lots of sense to do it this way.

Owners, in view of person on players' side, protected their downside - yielding on service time and advancing players $170M in exchange for protection against prospect of estimated $4.5B payout to players in cancelled season. Players cannot sue for full salaries as part of deal.

No more roster moves. When the MLB and MLBPA deal is ratified by MLB owners as expected tomorrow, a transaction freeze will be in place, source says. Sides will agree when it is lifted.

tjack16
AG
I sincerely hope we work out extensions for Springer and Brantley. Would hate to lose them next season especially if there's no 2020 season
Ag_07
AG
Man a 5 round draft is a big blow to us with the missing picks.

That combined with players getting service time are big reasons why we just need to pay George already.

And what's the point of a 5 round draft? That's like nothing for MLB.
tjack16
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.