*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,746 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Bregxit
AG
jkag89 said:

No surprise Yordan is unanimous AL Rookie of the Year

Where did you see that? Announcement isn't until 6.

ETA: Well, maybe it was 6 eastern.
jkag89
Must have been 6 PM EST because they just announced it on MLB Network.
jetch17
AG
Funky buttlovin!
Bregxit
AG
jkag89 said:

Must have been 6 PM EST because they just announced it on MLB Network.

I am kinda chapped lol. Just been sitting here waiting for 6 to turn on MLB Network.
Ag_07
AG
jkag89 said:

No surprise Yordan is unanimous AL Rookie of the Year

I'm surprised

Not surprised he won but surprised it was unanimous. There's usually always stupid voters who either have no clue or just wanna fck shlt up.

Good to see they got it right.
fairviewcrew
John E
AG
fairviewcrew said:

Hearing rumbling of another astros cheating scandal.... camera in center relaying signs to dugout.... let's hope this is just more fake news
where are you seeing this?
fairviewcrew
Ag_07
AG
fairviewcrew said:

Friend of a friend of a friend an MLB player that got contacted by Ken Rosenthal about it... I have zero ability to know if it's credible or not

Sounds credible
fairviewcrew
I don't buy it... with as many guys come and go on a team each year, no way you could keep something like that under wraps...
mAgnoliAg
AG
fairviewcrew said:

I don't buy it... with as many guys come and go on a team each year, no way you could keep something like that under wraps...

Could be like Yellowstone
Teddy Perkins
AG
03_Aggie
Ag_07 said:

fairviewcrew said:

Friend of a friend of a friend an MLB player that got contacted by Ken Rosenthal about it... I have zero ability to know if it's credible or not

Sounds credible

I struggle to understand how this would even work without a speaker in the batter's helmet. Is there even enough time from the end of the signal to get it to the dugout and then batter prior to the pitch being on its way?

The signal would have to come from the outfield to work. It's the only place the batter can really see while in their stance waiting on the pitch.
Deluxe
AG
Beat40
I'm excited to see an entire season of Yordon.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

I'm trying really hard to not get my hopes up. Maybe we can sign him to a short term deal by selling him we can tune him into Morton/Cole then sign a fat contract.
astros4545
AG
2 years- $36 mill for Wheeler

With him having an opt out after year 1
MaxPower
I really want Wheeler as I think he can be close to Cole level. However, I think the market is realizing if the Astros want you then you're probably worth double whatever they think you are.
MaxPower
astros4545 said:

2 years- $36 mill for Wheeler

With him having an opt out after year 1
i think he gets at least 4 and $80M. Too many teams need pitching.
Deluxe
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

His combination of size and hip speed has to be virtually unprecedented in baseball.
astros4545
AG
Hip speed could use some work still

JYDog90
AG
Ag_07 said:

fairviewcrew said:

Sounds credible

What, did the camera break during the World Series or did we accidentally send the signal to the away dugout?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Ag_07
AG
willie wonka said:

Ag_07 said:

fairviewcrew said:

Sounds credible

What, did the camera break during the World Series or did we accidentally send the signal to the away dugout?

C'mon now...Yall's sarcasm meter needs some adjusting
Harry Dunne
Hip speed not totally unprecedented.

Deluxe
AG
Making me look like a fool! I stand corrected.
RO519
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Remove some of the worst seats in the house. Always a good idea.The upper decks need some fun areas like the lower ones.

The worst seats in Coors is the biggest party area. The rooftop.

Lots of parks do this. Fenway has the Budweiser Deck

Oakland has the Treehouse

I think its a great idea for MMP to do more of this.
Call it the juice box
The Milkman
AG
Edit: Nevermind. Found it
Eso si, Que es
Deluxe said:

Teddy Perkins said:

His combination of size and hip speed has to be virtually unprecedented in baseball.
Can you share with us your hip speed credentials? How did you become such an expert in hip speed precedents?

JYDog90
AG
Ag_07 said:

willie wonka said:

Ag_07 said:

fairviewcrew said:

Sounds credible

C'mon now...Yall's sarcasm meter needs some adjusting
I was agreeing with you. The original comment was removed so I had to attach it to something.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Marvin
AG
What in the absolute hell is going on with all the Astros hate in the media these days?

Another hit piece

Quote:

George Springer should be a free agent right now. He should be taking calls from interested teams right now, weighing offers, dreaming about possibilities.
Quote:

the Astros manipulated Springer's service time by tethering him to the minor leagues for a few extra days
Quote:

There's no getting around this truth: His major league career started with that act of bad faith by his employers, for the sake of their financial interest.
Quote:

He has earned the payday of a long-term deal, but he'll have to wait, apparently.

And of course, all of the risk created by the Astros' disingenuous handling of his promotion is borne by Springer: If Houston doesn't sign him to a long-term deal and he gets hurt before reaching the market, it'll cost him millions.

The article mentions other teams that do this, and the point seems to be that the system in general is unfair to the players, but Buster Olney goes out of his way to damn the Astros as the face of this "evil" practice.

I look forward to Buster's follow up article on how the players that don't live up to their contract values should be giving money back to their teams... in the sake of fairness, of course.
Beat40
F'em all.

For real though. I don't read any articles in the off season because it's this same old tired, played out argument between players and owners. Media just stokes flames.

It's boring, annoying, daft, and quite frankly, not very self-aware. I'm all for players going out and getting paid - but when they whine and cry like babies about not getting the contract they want, it puts me off a bit. I get the difference between $20MM a year and $25MM a year is significant, but damn, to the commoner it feels like a noble crying that his castle is only a little bit smaller than the one he really wants.
Mr.Bond
AG
Every single team..... Err every single Smart team in MLB does this.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Deluxe
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Deluxe said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Can you share with us your hip speed credentials? How did you become such an expert in hip speed precedents?

All about the eye test
Beat40
Deluxe said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Deluxe said:

Teddy Perkins said:

All about the eye test
Been watching a lot of guys hips, eh?
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.