*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,776 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arod sure sounds a lot like his critics when his "apology" was news. Only to later get busted for roofs and suspended where he apologized again. Quit now fraud.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/122377-a-roid-the-fallout-from-the-alex-rodriguez-apology
the last of the bohemians
Arod is like the joe buck announcer of baseball, he'll never be cool like he thinks he is
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjholley16 said:

I'm always skeptical of looking into spring training stats for pitchers. Most of the time they use starts in spring to work on certain pitches or mechanics and don't really care about if they give up a homerun.

Im just glad to see him still hitting 96-97
Be skeptical about hitting stats too.
So you're saying the Astros shouldn't have gone all-in on Mark McLemore as our starting second baseman in 1991 when he hit .443 in spring training and then .148 in the regular season?
You went back a bit further than me. My mind instantly went to Luke Scott having similar numbers in 2005
07ag
AG
looking at the single game tickets in today's presale,, is there a way to pick my own seats or am i limited to selecting an area and their system picks them?
https://ts.la/eric59704
CFTXAG10
AG
The other day during the STH presale it let you actually pick the seats if you had Flash enabled, but I looked again just now and I see what you mean. Looks limited to just picking a section and being assigned.
07ag
AG
Ok thanks was hoping I was missing an option to do that
https://ts.la/eric59704
astros4545
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28830287/what-rewatching-two-key-astros-2017-world-series-games-tells-us?platform=amp
redline248
AG
Good that he included this
Quote:

When Jose Altuve stepped in for his first at-bat, Fox flashed a graphic showing Altuve hitting .517 at home in seven playoff games with five home runs. "You look at these home playoff numbers, sometimes it's hard to explain," Joe Buck said. Well, that's one way to put it. The Astros went 8-1 at home that postseason, hitting .273/.343/.519 compared to .208/.284/.347 on the road. Of course, the Yankees went 6-0 at home and 1-6 on the road with a larger OPS difference than the Astros, so be careful where you cast your small-sample-size stones.
AstroAggie15
. . .
dshedd41
S
An iPhone wallpaper for you guys

Gig’em Aggies!
mazag08
AG
Y'all, my wife is about to be induced and our baby should be here tomorrow. My parents have been at spring training and hit the road following the game today to come back. Pretty crazy how fast it all happens.

Considering he's 3 weeks early, you could say he Is.. stealing signs.. since his astrology sign will be different than the one we expected.
dshedd41
S
Congratulations man!
Gig’em Aggies!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Marvin
AG
mazag08 said:

Y'all, my wife is about to be induced and our baby should be here tomorrow. My parents have been at spring training and hit the road following the game today to come back. Pretty crazy how fast it all happens.

Considering he's 3 weeks early, you could say he Is.. stealing signs.. since his astrology sign will be different than the one we expected.

So what's the chosen name? AJ, George, Yordan, La Pina, Dusty... or TED?!

ElCheAg
AG
mazag08 said:

I see you've been bangin' more than just trashcans.

Congratulations man!
Mr.Bond
AG
ElCheAg said:

mazag08 said:

I see you've been bangin' more than just trashcans.

Congratulations man!

You calling his wife trash??
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

astros4545
AG
mazag08
AG
Marvin said:

mazag08 said:

I really wanted Eusebio. Wife said no.
AustinAg2K
astros4545 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28830287/what-rewatching-two-key-astros-2017-world-series-games-tells-us?platform=amp
Great article. One key point:

"With Marwin Gonzalez batting in the third inning, Fox showed a graphic with the Astros' decline in strikeout rate from 2016 to 2018: From 27th to first. "Credit the organization," John Smoltz said. This is one of the overriding narratives about the 2017 Astros, although it's important to note that due to personnel changes (such as the addition of Gurriel and Alex Bregman's first full season), preseason forecasts projected a steep drop in strikeouts for the Astros -- with or without cheating."

I hate when I see people just throw out random stats as if it is proof like our Ks dropping from 2017 to 2018. If you look at our roster in 2016, we dropped Jason Castro, Colby Rasmus, Carlos Gomez, and Luis Valbuena who all struck out a lot. Springer's numbers and Correa's numbers did come way, but they also played a lot less due to injury. Beyond those two, guys like Marwin and Altuve struck out at about the same rate. I'm sure there was some benefit from the scheme, but I hate when people just throw out random stats as proof.
AustinAg2K
mazag08 said:

Marvin said:

mazag08 said:

Here's the thing about having a baby. Your wife will be so exhausted, she's going to pass out not long after the delivery, leaving you to fill out all the paperwork yourself. There's nothing she can do to prevent you from filling out Eusebio on the birth certificate.
spadilly
S
Opening day prices. Yeah, I'm going to be watching this one from home. Insane. This isn't the World Series.

tjack16
AG
spadilly said:

Opening day prices. Yeah, I'm going to be watching this one from home. Insane. This isn't the World Series.

I got tickets for the next night (AL replica trophy giveaway) for $40 a piece

Opening day is great and all.... but it's vastly overrated and overpriced
Ag_07
AG
Exactly

We replaced Valbuena and Chris Carter with Bregs and Yuli.
shano0603
AG
mazag08 said:

Congrats on the sechs
Mr.Bond
AG
McHugh to Boston
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
Mr.Bond said:

McHugh to Boston

$600k base salary with incentives up to $4.25MM
Bulldog73
AG
Dang, good for him. I hope he gets every dime of it except in games against us.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Congrats Mazzag!!
Marvin
AG
AustinAg2K said:

mazag08 said:

Marvin said:

mazag08 said:

Here's the thing about having a baby. Your wife will be so exhausted, she's going to pass out not long after the delivery, leaving you to fill out all the paperwork yourself. There's nothing she can do to prevent you from filling out Eusebio on the birth certificate.

I mean, a kid's arrival pretty much cements the fact that you've had all the sex you will ever get, so this is not a bad strategy in the long run.
MAROON
AG
Ag_07 said:

Mr.Bond said:

McHugh to Boston

damn - seems like a salary we could have afforded
bearkatag15
AG

Spreadsheet updated... Kris Bryant is a good guy
bearkatag15
AG

Holy crap, even the Yankees' network has a supremacist, bigger than thou, I'm better than everyone else mentality. Just like the Yankees. What an unprofessional response.
Deluxe
AG
Reminds me of our statement on the Taubman clubhouse incident
Farmer1906
AG
MAROON said:

Ag_07 said:

Mr.Bond said:

McHugh to Boston

damn - seems like a salary we could have afforded

Who are you taking off the 40 man and 25 man for him?
First Page Last Page
Page 182 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.