*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,030,777 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The trade with the Blue Jays last summer is quickly proving to be a bust. Biagini should spend less time on stand up comedy and more on trying to be a decent pitcher. He's currently serving up batting practice.
bearkatag15
AG
A look at the Goldy K

Marvin
AG
Tanielu is a 27 year old minor leaguer who likely will never see anything but emergency call up duty. I wonder why he is getting so much game time this spring? I get easing the starters into the season, but you'd think some younger guys would benefit more in the long run. Beats me... am I missing something obvious?
wangus12
AG
bearkatag15 said:

A look at the Goldy K

Welp the Yankees are definitely screwed now lol
AgsMyDude
AG
bearkatag15
AG
I think it's nothing more than our once young team now has more players over the age of 30 than under the ago of 30. Only SS and 3B are considered young.
titanmaster_race
Please stay healthy Lance
YNWA_AG
AG
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The trade with the Blue Jays last summer is quickly proving to be a bust. Biagini should spend less time on stand up comedy and more on trying to be a decent pitcher. He's currently serving up batting practice.

Biagini was the throw in. Sanchez was the prize. He got hurt. Thems the breaks. It's not like Fisher has ever played well at a major league level.
Charlie Conway
https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/fc5vl7/orbit_taking_care_of_a_heckler_today/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

forget it, i'm just going to post the link since i can't work this stupid thing
MAROON
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Biagini was the throw in. Sanchez was the prize. He got hurt. Thems the breaks. It's not like Fisher has ever played well at a major league level.
Yep - and I also know that Lunhow said he would never do a trade with Toronto again after this deal - allegations that Toronto knew about Sanchez injury and hid it from the Astros...of course our doctors should have caught it .
wangus12
AG
Charlie Conway said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/fc5vl7/orbit_taking_care_of_a_heckler_today/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

forget it, i'm just going to post the link since i can't work this stupid thing
Orbit gonna go through a ton of silly string. Buying stock now
gig them
AG
Found it on twitter so it'll embed

Drops two silly string sniper shots then immediately poses for a selfie with a kid

Orbit is perfect
Mr.Bond
AG
In 2020 I fully expect that fan to drop a lawsuit on orbit
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

wangus12
AG
This comment from Reddit about Orbit

Quote:

skeeted on by a bag of weed. You hate to see it.
irish pete ag06
AG
wangus12 said:

This comment from Reddit about Orbit

Quote:

skeeted on by a bag of weed. You hate to see it.

MAROON
AG
over/under on how many ejections, confrontations in the stands this year at Minute Maid when opposing clubs fans come in to boo the Astros. I think your going to see a ton of them - at least the verbal confrontation that turns into a shoving match that requires security to get involved. Trying that in the outfield and SRO areas will probably get your butt kicked pretty fast.
safety guy
AG
MAROON said:

over/under on how many ejections, confrontations in the stands this year at Minute Maid when opposing clubs fans come in to boo the Astros. I think your going to see a ton of them - at least the verbal confrontation that turns into a shoving match that requires security to get involved. Trying that in the outfield and SRO areas will probably get your butt kicked pretty fast.
I wonder how it will be for Astros fans dressed in Astros gear on the road.
Ag13
AG
safety guy said:

MAROON said:

I'm excited for the ALCS in New York
n_touch
safety guy said:

MAROON said:

Username Checks Out
Kashchei
AG
People are just flat out ignorant. Every day I hear "Astros players should be suspended." Ya don't think that maybe they were given IMMUNITY for their cooperation?

It's one thing to give players and fans ****, I totally get that. But at least know all the facts of the situation before you open your mouth and reveal to the world what an absolute moron you are.

Once again, don't give an inch because haters are never satisfied.
n_touch
Ag_07
AG
It's a lot like Pete Rose.

People clamor for Rose to be reinstated but fail to realize Rose agreed to the ban in exchange for MLB calling off the dogs and not pursuing further action regarding his gambling.

People see, hear, comprehend what they want to.
Aggie95
AG
So Trevor Bauer goes out and tells the Dodger batters what is coming. He signals with his glove. His line today:

3.0 IP
2 hits
0 runs
2 k's

which reporter is gonna ask him..."so, is sign stealing really that big of a deal"?
YNWA_AG
AG
I thought it was just for one batter?
07ag
AG
https://www.gocomics.com/tankmcnamara/2020/03/02
https://ts.la/eric59704
Aggie95
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I thought it was just for one batter?
oh maybe it was. the highlights I watched didn't show great contact though.
Ag_07
AG
Further proof we're living mortgage free in his dome.

Like seriously we've built a GD mansion.
Kashchei
AG
Guys, I think Mattress Mack needs to go to prison. How dare he profit off of the backs of KNOWN CHEATERS! The Astros need to return the trophy and his customers return their free furniture!
htxag09
AG
Kashchei said:

Guys, I think Mattress Mack needs to go to prison. How dare he profit off of the backs of KNOWN CHEATERS! The Astros need to return the trophy and his customers return their free furniture!

Wait, shouldn't he sue the Astros for all the money he had to return to his customers for the furniture? If they hadn't cheated, they would have lost and he wouldn't have had to give away free furniture.
Kashchei
AG
Don't bring logic into this! Disband the franchise!!!
Ag_07
AG
Perfectly said

Quote:

Houston was hit by seven pitches in the first week of exhibition play, and that was food for the sharks looking for a story.

Alas, the Astros aren't even leading the Grapefruit League in HBPs (congrats, Cardinals!). Jose Altuve was hit on the foot by a breaking ball. Alex Bregman was hit in the back by a splitter from a guy who walked 24 guys in 57 innings in Class A ball last season. And something tells me the other Astros plunked by pitches -- Aledmys Daz, Dustin Garneau, Osvaldo Duarte, Jake Meyers and Alex De Goti -- aren't being targeted because of the 2017 Astros scheme, given that they weren't members of the 2017 Astros.
. . .
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.