*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,697 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It seems like the Rays are having the best off-season.
Yeah, Vegas might want to adjust those Yankees odds for WS.
Beat40
the last of the bohemians said:

It seems like the Rays are having the best off-season.
Yeah, Vegas might want to adjust those Yankees odds for WS.
At least for the division. The Rays' starting rotation will be filthy if they can stay healthy this year. Certainly better than the Yankees even if Paxton comes back fully healthy and German knocks the rust of quickly.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Marvin said:

j_davis01 said:

Both today

Sorry we didn't meet up. We're skipping the rain tomorrow but will be back on Thursday if you're still in town.

Same here! We are always camped out in left center up at the top by the batters eye! Usually there an hour or so be fore pitch! Shiners are on me!
JohnnyTexAg1995
Not really any, a couple claps when we got hit, but nobody from 2017 played so not much to boo. And it's the marlins so they know there place in the baseball world
astros4545
AG
The Marlins pitcher was Urias who has bean ball history after going after Acuna a couple years ago

Probably was on purpose
Marvin
AG
Beat40 said:

How were the boos today, Marvin and j_davis?

No boos today. None of the starters played outside Tucker and Alvarez, plus there were only about 10 Miami fans there.

Thursday should be a good barometer. Nats fans are everywhere and I suspect our big bats will play with it being in WPB.
Marvin
AG
j_davis01 said:

Marvin said:

j_davis01 said:

Both today

Sorry we didn't meet up. We're skipping the rain tomorrow but will be back on Thursday if you're still in town.

Same here! We are always camped out in left center up at the top by the batters eye! Usually there an hour or so be fore pitch! Shiners are on me!

Sounds good!
spadilly
S

I'm hoping this means they keep uncovering stuff, not that they are dragging it on to try and find something/anything.
Bregxit
AG
Three games, 6 HBP so far.
n_touch
Just crappy pitching. They are not targeting them.
amercer
AG
It's been done for a while. They are finding the best way to sweep it under the rug so there isn't a second MLB wide meltdown
jakeaggie84
AG
Which streaming service includes Astros games??
htxag09
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Which streaming service includes Astros games??

Fubotv
Deluxe
AG
spadilly said:

I'm hoping this means they keep uncovering stuff, not that they are dragging it on to try and find something/anything.

It would be so awesome if one of their players was caught lying, had his immunity stripped and ultimately punished after none of our players were punished
n_touch
Have been wondering myself if this happened. Would make it better if it was Mookie.
astros4545
AG
n_touch said:

Have been wondering myself if this happened. Would make it better if it was Mookie.

Now that would be funny
iBrad
AG
Bregxit said:

Three games, 6 HBP so far.

They're doing it in the spring where they don't fear suspensions.
rak1693
AG
Or losses because a HBP is a free base to an already stacked team
maca1028
Deluxe said:

spadilly said:

It would be so awesome if one of their players was caught lying, had his immunity stripped and ultimately punished after none of our players were punished

How awesome would it be if Betts (now a dodger) was one of those players?
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

is springer injured and nobody outside the clubhouse knows?
Ag_07
AG
I'm thinking maybe his extension is close to being done and they don't wanna run him out there until it's complete.

But that's just wishful thinking on my part. I have no real clue.
WES2006AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm thinking maybe his extension is close to being done and they don't wanna run him out there until it's complete.

But that's just wishful thinking on my part. I have no real clue.
Or they are shopping him to other clubs. Just kidding...I hope.
Harry Dunne
Deluxe said:

spadilly said:

Why would that be awesome?

I would like for MLB to uncover stuff about as many teams as possible just to prove what we know is true, that it wasn't just an Astros problem. The only reason I'd be happy with other teams getting caught is that it would be more like steroids, where no team titles are tainted because it was pervasive.

We know there were several teams doing it. Why would it be "awesome" if one or two players get scapegoated for it? I don't like that it happened to us, I'm not going to root for it to happen to someone else.
Teddy Perkins
AG
This is pretty much my response to those asking me how I feel about the Astros.

Quote:

What the Astros did was wrong, but the reaction to it has been disproportionate, naive, and wholly ignorant of baseball history and baseball present.

astros4545
AG
Deluxe
AG
Our points are not mutually exclusive. I agree with what I said and what you said at the same time.
Texaggie7nine
Who's been farting on his pillow?
7nine
Harry Dunne
Deluxe said:

Our points are not mutually exclusive. I agree with what I said and what you said at the same time.
Disagree.

You're wanting others to be punished more severely than we were, and to rejoice in their misery. I'm wanting the truth to come out and for the punishments to be even across the board.

I think we agree that we want the truth to come out so that our championship will be judged on even scales, but I don't think we are going to be "vindicated". The Astros cheated egregiously and that's a fact. I just don't want us to get Mark McGwire-d simply because we were more successful doing it.
aTm2004
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Who's been farting on his pillow?

Didn't JV want to do something special for him after he saved the no-no last season. Maybe letting him smell his fingers was that something special, and incidental contact was made?
Deluxe
AG
You're referring to a different topic than I was referring to. I agree with what you said.
Harry Dunne
My bad.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
wangus12
AG
dshedd41 said:

What the hell Kate!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Springer really hasn't played yet?
First Page Last Page
Page 174 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.