*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,925 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're just jealous that he's half their size, twice the athlete, and could nail any one of their wives within minutes.
Farmer1906
AG
aTm2004 said:

They're just jealous that he's half their size, twice the athlete, and could nail any one of their wives within minutes.
Or they're just irrational about the sign stealing.
aTm2004
AG
That's the obvious reason, but it doesn't make the others any less valid.
Nino Brown
Farmer1906 said:

aTm2004 said:

Or they're just irrational about the sign stealing.
It's not about irrational or not. It's the power of the media with the basic human brain. Similar to politics, you are forced to pick a side because most human brains are not capable of drawing their own conclusions by diving deeper into the facts.

It's really sad to see so many "fans" say their going to games to boo, harass or threaten someone else. I'm sure they could spend time with their loved ones outside of teaching them hate and judgement and hopefully this guy didn't have a grandchild with him.
Marvin
AG
Guy next to me, early 20's, was heckling and booing nonstop. I finally look over and he's wearing Yankees gear. Putz. C
aTm2004
AG
Maybe Houston fans can take needless syringes to games to toss at Yankee players.
astros4545
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag_07
AG
I love it

Everyone boos while at the same time gets their phone up to take a pic/video.
aTm2004
AG
Wabs
AG
aTm2004 said:

gig them
AG
I mean yeah... but if he could not be the face of the resistance, that would be great
Flexbone
aTm2004 said:

But it was only the Astros that "cheated" Jose!

Remember when Jose was vilified for saying that steroid use was pervasive across the sport?

Uh, huh.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah but someone should inform him that the year is 2020 and perfect vision is 20/20.

Guy is a moron
Mathguy64
AG
Jose Canseco, the voice of reason in the steroid era and pot banging, sign stealing era of baseball.

Words you never thought you would type.
n_touch

Maybe it knocked some sense into him
spadilly
S
Wabs
AG
JABQ04
AG
If it wasn't for *********social media only like 8 people in the country would even know about this
Marvin
AG
Great day at the park. Joker Marchant stadium is a must for any spring training fan.

It was fun watching the boys play ball again. I had to look up most of the kids that played later in the game.

Mrs. Marvin shouted out encouragement to the starters as they left during the middle innings. Bregman, Correa and Altuve each acknowledged her with a smile and either a thumbs up or a wave. Most of them stopped and signed stuff- maybe more of an effort at goodwill this year.

Back to West Palm tomorrow. Hopefully will get there early for back field practice.
spadilly
S
Living the spring training dream!
Wabs
AG
Marvin said:

Great day at the park. Joker Marchant stadium is a must for any spring training fan.

It was fun watching the boys play ball again. I had to look up most of the kids that played later in the game.

Mrs. Marvin shouted out encouragement to the starters as they left during the middle innings. Bregman, Correa and Altuve each acknowledged her with a smile and either a thumbs up or a wave. Most of them stopped and signed stuff- maybe more of an effort at goodwill this year.

Back to West Palm tomorrow. Hopefully will get there early for back field practice.
Did you remember to send our note to the opposing fans?

Marvin
AG
Went back and looked at my wife's video from batting practice today. Carlos waved and blew her a kiss. I told her, "Girl, Daniella is a stone cold killer. You remember what she did to his ribs?! Don't mess with that!" Hahaha.
MaxPower
Marvin said:

Went back and looked at my wife's video from batting practice today. Carlos waved and blew her a kiss. I told her, "Girl, Daniella is a stone cold killer. You remember what she did to his ribs?! Don't mess with that!" Hahaha.
Rule Juan!
spadilly
S
Did the boos die down the second time through the lineup? I suspect come the regular season road games, most will be there to boo the heck out of the boys the first time through and then it'll settle down unless the game is tight.
iBrad
AG
Our fans booed Beltrn until we resigned him. I'm sure there will be fan bases that boo all season long every at bat.
Marvin
AG
spadilly said:

Did the boos die down the second time through the lineup? I suspect come the regular season road games, most will be there to boo the heck out of the boys the first time through and then it'll settle down unless the game is tight.

Somewhat, but there was some venom even the last time through. Altuve, Bregman and Correa got it the worst, with Yuli getting about half that. None of the other players heard a peep.

Interestingly enough, the boos for the Astros were louder than the cheers for the Tigers. The loudest cheer was when Altuve struck out.

I suspect this will last all year long, and it will make the guys appreciate Houston fans that much more.
Beat40
Marvin said:

spadilly said:

Somewhat, but there was some venom even the last time through. Altuve, Bregman and Correa got it the worst, with Yuli getting about half that. None of the other players heard a peep.

Interestingly enough, the boos for the Astros were louder than the cheers for the Tigers. The loudest cheer was when Altuve struck out.

I suspect this will last all year long, and it will make the guys appreciate Houston fans that much more.

Sounds like it already is with the acknowledgement of you guys from the players.

For the H was the perfect slogan for this year. It is really going to galvanize the players and the city.
the last of the bohemians
It's pretty easy to zone out a hostile crowd when a 98 mph fastball is coming. Don't think our guys will get too phased.
Unfortunately, Reddick Tucker and Brantley will get the brunt of taunting this year when they are in the field (you know bleacher crowds), 3 guys who didn't partake.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AustinAg2K
Look for Bregman to put together another MVP type season. He feeds of hate.
jakeaggie84
AG
Breggy and Correa will feed off the hate.

I worry about Altuve. He is the guy everyone loved and he seemed to like being the good guy. Can he get past all the hate? I think he will have the hardest time getting past it, but hopefully he will.
the last of the bohemians
Altuve will put up mvp stats too, no way he isn't pi$$ed at Judge and others who are dissing his mvp.
redline248
AG
I hope Altuve hits 40 bombs this year.
Farmer1906
AG
I wouldn't mind seeing batting champ Altuve this year. .340 would be fun.
Kashchei
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Look for Bregman to put together another MVP type season. He feeds of hate.

I hope so. I love me some Breggy Smalls but last year's postseason was bad... He needs to redeem himself.
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.