*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,834 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All i want to say is... two more days to spring training games, heck yeah
. . .

Quote:

"I laugh," he said after Thursday's Phillies spring-training workout. "Someone brought it to me."

Girardi said he was talking in the clip about how the Yankees caught on to another team's method to steal signs and not saying that the Yankees were swiping signs through illegal means.

"If people listen to the whole video, you can put two and two together and know what I'm talking about," Girardi said. "We caught them."

Girardi said the Yankees reported the team's cheating to Major League Baseball, but declined Thursday to reveal which team it was before he simply said, "Put two and two together." The Yankees filed a complaint in 2017 against the Red Sox, a team that MLB learned was using Apple Watches to decipher the signs given by a Yankees catcher. That same investigation also said that the Yankees had improperly used the dugout phone, which led to a fine.

Girardi ended the viral clip by saying, "We eventually caught it." But why did he begin it by saying that he was "a part of a system?"

"The system was our system caught the other group," Girardi said. "If you listen to the whole video, we caught the other team. It was coming from upstairs to someone in the dugout and then relayed one way or another. I laugh because people are cutting it up and trying to make it something else. It's complicated in a lot of manners and guarding your signs is really difficult today with all the cameras and everything you can see. So you have to be really clever. It's hard."

"It wasn't our team doing it. We caught the other team doing it," Girardi said. "And I think part of this is why the commissioner has put out some of these rules. I think it's important that we protect the integrity of the game. That is really, really important to me."
Nino Brown
Big Al 1992 said:

Once you get through all the poor Dodgers crap in this article - and it's thick - I agree with Kershaw in this... it's the World Series, change your signs.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/02/20/astros-cheating-scandal-clayton-kershaw?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SI%20Extra%20022020&utm_term=SI%20Extra%20-%20USE%20THIS%20-%20List
I do not understand why some of you still allow others in society to treat you like you are so stupid. The media brainwashes you to pick a side just like politics does. Exactly why do these ass clowns think it's okay to bring up MMP but then dodge the splits? Sheep
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Wabs said:

safety guy said:

That is where the media is so stupid, naive, or just plain on the take. Ask the follow up question. How did you know about their signs. Or just surmise that the Astros knew that the Red Sox, Yankees and dodgers had surveillance also.
Kinda like when players ***** about Astros players not being punished. The logical next statement/question is: Well, you know YOUR player's union demanded immunity, right?

But they're too chicken **** to ask it because they don't want to lose access to that player....
Didnt the MLBPA come out and say they didnt demand players be given immunity? I dont believe them but I believe it was written about....or did Manfred just assume they would so they never bothered asking
Nino Brown
. . . said:

Quote:

"I laugh," he said after Thursday's Phillies spring-training workout. "Someone brought it to me."

Girardi said he was talking in the clip about how the Yankees caught on to another team's method to steal signs and not saying that the Yankees were swiping signs through illegal means.

"If people listen to the whole video, you can put two and two together and know what I'm talking about," Girardi said. "We caught them."

Girardi said the Yankees reported the team's cheating to Major League Baseball, but declined Thursday to reveal which team it was before he simply said, "Put two and two together." The Yankees filed a complaint in 2017 against the Red Sox, a team that MLB learned was using Apple Watches to decipher the signs given by a Yankees catcher. That same investigation also said that the Yankees had improperly used the dugout phone, which led to a fine.

Girardi ended the viral clip by saying, "We eventually caught it." But why did he begin it by saying that he was "a part of a system?"

"The system was our system caught the other group," Girardi said. "If you listen to the whole video, we caught the other team. It was coming from upstairs to someone in the dugout and then relayed one way or another. I laugh because people are cutting it up and trying to make it something else. It's complicated in a lot of manners and guarding your signs is really difficult today with all the cameras and everything you can see. So you have to be really clever. It's hard."

"It wasn't our team doing it. We caught the other team doing it," Girardi said. "And I think part of this is why the commissioner has put out some of these rules. I think it's important that we protect the integrity of the game. That is really, really important to me."

Woah, woah, woah. Now that's some funny ***** Joe played right in the middle of the steroid era with the Yankees, knew damn well who was taking what. "Integrity?" You funny Joe.
Wabs
AG
. . . said:

Quote:

The commissioner should ask Joe who they caught and then launch an investigation to get all the details and punish, correct?
. . .

Quote:

"We accept everybody," shortstop Tim Anderson said. "That's something he was [associated with], not something he's doing. We just want to win. That situation has nothing to do with us."

Anderson said the Sox are tired of talking and hearing about the Astros.

"They cheated, but that's cool, let them play don't suspend them," Anderson said. "That way we go into Houston, we got to knock their heads off. For real, man."

As for Keuchel, "everybody makes mistakes," Anderson said. "It's how you own up to it."

Keuchel said the Astros "earned the right to be World Series champs" but Evan Marshall believes a blank space should stand where the 2017 champion is listed "to remind everybody what happened."

"Maybe that would prevent it from happening in the future," he said.

The Astros will be motivated to prove they can win without operating a scam. So will teams that face them, including the Sox.

"We coming for everyone the same way, but they have a little icing on their cake," Anderson said. "They cheated so many games we played, we got to make it sweet for them. Keep 'em in there, let them play. We're trying to knock everybody's heads off, from the owner down to the trainer. Everybody, it don't matter. If you're a Houston Astro, we're coming."
Wabs
AG
. . . said:

Quote:

"We accept everybody," shortstop Tim Anderson said. "That's something he was [associated with], not something he's doing. We just want to win. That situation has nothing to do with us."

Anderson said the Sox are tired of talking and hearing about the Astros.

"They cheated, but that's cool, let them play don't suspend them," Anderson said. "That way we go into Houston, we got to knock their heads off. For real, man."

As for Keuchel, "everybody makes mistakes," Anderson said. "It's how you own up to it."

Keuchel said the Astros "earned the right to be World Series champs" but Evan Marshall believes a blank space should stand where the 2017 champion is listed "to remind everybody what happened."

"Maybe that would prevent it from happening in the future," he said.

The Astros will be motivated to prove they can win without operating a scam. So will teams that face them, including the Sox.

"We coming for everyone the same way, but they have a little icing on their cake," Anderson said. "They cheated so many games we played, we got to make it sweet for them. Keep 'em in there, let them play. We're trying to knock everybody's heads off, from the owner down to the trainer. Everybody, it don't matter. If you're a Houston Astro, we're coming."

Ok, so you're good with Dallas because it was something that he was "associated with". But you want to go into Houston and knock everyone's head off including the owner? I guess everyone (except Dallas of course) was more than just "associated" with it?

Moron.
Nino Brown
I'm done with all of these dumb questions with PC responses and guys just choosing a side instead of being open and honest. It's just web hits at this point for people's bank accounts.

The only question I have at this point is who's making the "Go **** Yourself Rob" T-shirt's for opening day?
Nino Brown
Well Tim Anderson, we welcome you to Houston when you get here. Kinda sounded like he made a physical threat towards quite a few people.

You were a ***** already once.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/539194002
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Yeah...Who's gonna break the news to him that we pretty much already proved it when we had the best record I'm baseball and played in the WS last year?
Nino Brown
You can't teach stupid. That's for damn sure
bearkatag15
AG

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
cap-n-jack
Are the spring training games going to be televised?
bearkatag15
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B8mo4PlpW4Q

Want this shirt
AustinAg2K
. . . said:

Quote:

So, if we can put two and two together, we can see where Joe says someone from upstairs called the dugout phone with the signs... Then the Yankees get fined for improperly using the dugout phone... hmmmm.....
txislandag86
cap-n-jack said:

Are the spring training games going to be televised?
https://southwest-attsn.att.com/astros/schedule/
bearkatag15
AG

Couple of things:

Giles rated as the 4th best reliever is hilarious
Altuve is the highest rated 2nd basemen
No Brantley in the top 5 of LF. He's got to be 6th or 7th
Bregman is probably rated correctly but I'll take him over Rendon and Arenado
Nino Brown
I know one thing that's for sure after all of this. After hearing Carlos speak and stand up for Jose, pay that man what he wants. He's an Astro for life, period.
irish pete ag06
AG
iBrad
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28744346/catcher-jonathan-lucroy-says-was-changing-signs-every-pitch-vs-astros

Just another guy that can shut the **** up because he doesn't have the facts. I swear, several of these guys are proving just how dumb they really are. They should spend just a little more time looking into the matter.

I hate to break it to LuCroy, but sign stealing isn't over. It will be a part of the game as long as there are signs. And every team out there will still be decoding his signs. They just might not be relaying it to the hitter unless there's a guy on second.

n_touch
iBrad said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28744346/catcher-jonathan-lucroy-says-was-changing-signs-every-pitch-vs-astros

Just another guy that can shut the **** up because he doesn't have the facts. I swear, several of these guys are proving just how dumb they really are. They should spend just a little more time looking into the matter.

I hate to break it to LuCroy, but sign stealing isn't over. It will be a part of the game as long as there are signs. And every team out there will still be decoding his signs. They just might not be relaying it to the hitter unless there's a guy on second.

Does he actually remember anything that took place when he played the Astros?
cap-n-jack

Jake from RakeFarm
bearkatag15
AG

Haha now fantasy leagues are boycotting drafting Astros players from the 2017 team
n_touch
I weep for society as a whole
iBrad
AG
n_touch said:

I weep for society as a whole

Everyone vying for their 15 minutes of fame by piling on.
bearkatag15
AG

You hate to see it
Bulldog73
AG
Damn astros injuring players now too.
Mathguy64
AG
Breaks my heart.
W
AG
does Aaron Boone not know how to handle a pitching staff?
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

You hate to see it
Judge already looking for excuses why his HR totals are dropping year after year?
MaxPower
Aaron Judge home vs away batting splits in 2018.....1.170 OPS vs .688. One of those things that makes you go hhhhmmmmm.
the last of the bohemians
You can't say bad things about Judge.
According to last year's playoff tv crew, he is the best fielding right fielder ever. He only makes mistakes in the field because the ball bounces funny or it's hit too fast.
W
AG
on that note...Betts' move to the national league...frees up an outfield spot on the AL all-star team.

that will be interesting too...how the 'stros do in all-star voting/selection
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

on that note...Betts' move to the national league...frees up an outfield spot on the AL all-star team.

that will be interesting too...how the 'stros do in all-star voting/selection

I don't imagine any Astros position players will win the fan portion of the voting
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.