*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,159 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
k20dub said:

What a crock of ***** Is he publicly shaming steroid users that get busted? Is he publicly shaming the Angels for employing a drug dealer supplying a player who is so addicted that he ODs on meth, heroin and alcohol? He's not even publicly shaming the Red Sox.

I'm left speechless. Wait. No I'm not. I have something to say.

Gobble. My. Crank. You. Turd.
cc10106
Maybe they're feeding MLB more info about NY and LA, among others. MLB escalating this more would surprise me, but Boston has more influence than Houston.
JDUB08AG
AG
Is ESPN going to send an alert for every single dodgers player commentary? For ****s sake...
agproducer
AG
FYI, Academy had tons of Astros shirts for 75% off.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
When's this presser? 330?
the last of the bohemians
It sux that sports is run by the liberal PC media, especially when most of them don't play sports.....
k20dub
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Yep. Wonder what this is about...
Beat40
k20dub said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Yep. Wonder what this is about...

My guess is to defend the investigation they did and the one underway. I think also will say to stop the bickering between players.

Lotta heat being thrown out right now.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If anyone has a link, post it.
. . .
Deluxe
AG
Dot dot dot guy coming through
n_touch
Over or not started?
. . .
Not started.
bearkatag15
AG
This is a big nothing sandwich
linkdude
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Publicly investigate Houston? Check.
Ok with public shaming Houston? Check.
Public about Boston investigation? Check.

Ok to publicly investigate any other team? Negative Ghost Rider.
dixichkn
AG
WelchAg said:

Is ESPN going to send an alert for every single dodgers player commentary? For ****s sake...
Surely you didn't just notice this? It's been every day for like 3 weeks straight
Beat40
Would anyone mind posting a synopsis for those of us who couldn't watch?
MaxPower
He said little we didn't already know. Red Sox investigation to end next week. Delay for some sort of new information. I wonder if Mookie and Price are speaking more freely now. Lol.

Why no one ever asks him if Red Sox being repeat offenders in use of illegal electronics will factor into punishment is beyond me. Oh wait the media is all east coast. Never mind.
JDUB08AG
AG
dixichkn said:

WelchAg said:

Surely you didn't just notice this? It's been every day for like 3 weeks straight

That's my point! It's still going on
bearkatag15
AG
Beat40 said:

Would anyone mind posting a synopsis for those of us who couldn't watch?

Here are some of the topucs
. . .
Basically a repeat of his ESPN interview (media crying why didn't you punish the players, why didn't you strip the title, what about the Astros continuing to employ two guys related to Codebreaker)
redline248
AG
Damn. I wonder how long he considered stripping it
agproducer
AG
The longer this drags on, the more I'm disappointed in Jim Crane.

His organization is being hung out to dry. He needs to demand answers from MLB. They made reference to other teams in the investigation. Logan Morrison even said other teams are doing it. Crane continues to sit on his hands, at least publicly.

Manfred's interviews show he's content with letting the Astros wear it as a deterrent. If I'm Crane, I'm raising hell. But, he won't. He's been a ***** this whole time. Defend your organization! Yes, they cheated, but the problem goes much deeper in MLB. STAND UP FOR YOUR CLUB.

This whole investigation stinks. Red Sox will get a slap on the wrist.

the last of the bohemians
Astros are dirtiest team in history of baseball.
Signed 90s champion teams full of steroid users.
. . .
iBrad
AG
redline248 said:

Damn. I wonder how long he considered stripping it

Probably about 30 seconds, if at all. He's just pandering to the pitchfork mob.
AustinCountyAg
My guess is crane going to see how the season plays out some before her stirs the pot. Maybe going to try and shut everyone up on the field approach first.
Ag_07
AG
It's of no concern to Crane what other teams did.

We cheated and we got punished. It's his job to now deal with it.

What other teams did means nothing to him. It doesn't make what we did OK. It doesn't decrease our punishment. It doesn't help the public perception. Those teams don't make him money.

There's no benefit to him to raise hell about other teams.
MaxPower
Crane should be looking to sell the team. The value has probably doubled even with this circus and he's never going to have another comfortable day sitting in an office that says principle owner of the Astros. At least if he sells it he can comfortably air his side of the story. Hell if I were that rich I'd throw some decent coin at digging up some crap on other teams just to watch Rome burn. In fact, that's probably exactly why Manfred wants him to stay as the owner.
MaxPower
Ag_07 said:

What other teams did means nothing to him. It doesn't make what we did OK. It doesn't decrease our punishment. It doesn't help the public perception. Those teams don't make him money.

I disagree. He makes his money in Houston, not nationally. The sentiment in town is the city is being shat on. If he knows his audience he absolutely has reason to say, "Hey, stop taking a dump on our lawn and go take a dump in Boston."
Ag_07
AG
So you think ticket sales are gonna take a hit because he's not raising hell about Boston?
MaxPower
Season ticket sales for 2020 are done, so this isn't an immediate need. He has the luxury of patience short term and hoping the Red Sox get their due. Long term I absolutely think there could be an impact.
agproducer
AG
Ag_07 said:

I respectfully disagree as well. The points you make about having to deal with the fans Houston are valid.

But, his investment in the club has been hurt by the cheating, which the team is to blame, but also by MLB with the punishment. The punishment is warranted.

But if cheating is known to be done by other teams as well, and the MLB refuses to investigate, if I were Crane, I'd be pissed. MLB choosing to just hold the Astros accountable? MLB deciding to hurt only my brand? Crane needs to make sure other teams are also helps accountable for their misdeeds.

The Astros have likely lost advertisers and merchandise sales. Again, that is their doing, but other teams should also have something consequences.

I put it this way. In Texas, say 3 guys rob a store. Two go into the store, and one is a getaway driver. The store clerk is shot and killed. All can be charged with capital murder. In this case, several teams are also committing the cheating "crime." Their amount of involvement may differ, but it is still the same "crime." They all know it is wrong. In this analogy, the Astros are the shooter. I don't think the shooter should be the only one punished.
Ag_07
AG
I think as fans we want him to but as an owner and business man it doesn't benefit him to raise hell.

And honestly it would actually make him look whiny and butthurt if he started crying about 'Well they did it too. Investigate them. And them too. And them too.'

We did it so just accept it, move on, and make the right moves to build a winner. Which I think he's done. I was really skeptical about Baker but he may end up being a good choice and Click was a HR hire.

Crane isn't dumb. He's the best sports owner this town has ever had and we'll be just fine.

And just for the record...I'm not staying it's right and I agree with the way it's been handled by MLB I'm just saying I get why Crane is approaching this like he is and not burning it to the ground.
First Page Last Page
Page 149 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.