*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,162 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only time we'd be seeing the Dodgers this year is in the World Series...... bring it
spadilly
S
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
There's no way bellinger actually said that, right?
bearkatag15
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

There's no way bellinger actually said that, right?

Zero chance he said that
BMX Bandit
Glad to see Bellinger getting called out, but Correa's "he didn't want anyone seeing a bad tattoo" is a hilariously bad take
astros4545
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Glad to see Bellinger getting called out, but Correa's "he didn't want anyone seeing a bad tattoo" is a hilariously bad take

Altuve is a family man, his wife is locking her man down

Nothing but respect for the First Family of Houston
tjack16
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Well at least we know he actually does have a tattoo there now
Deluxe
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I kinda agree. Cringed a little when Correa said that.

But when I thought about it, the bad tattoo alibi really isn't that much more crazy than the initial allegation. Trevor Bauer really really wanted to believe the Astros kept cheating after 2017. He saw Altuve not want his jersey ripped and it was confirmation bias to the highest degree. Then he started a burner twitter account to spark a rumor and had Jomboy and the gang spread it like wildfire. All because he's mad the Astros made him their b**** in 2018.

Which is really crazier?
astros4545
AG
Last seasons offseason thread. 111 pages

148 so far this year
Deluxe
AG
astros4545 said:

148 so far this year

I don't even want to know what the future holds if this offseason thread doesn't go down as the longest all time
Mathguy64
AG
Now I get it. The tattoos use special ink containing nanobytes that vibrate under the skin when they receive a signal sent on a specific frequency. We've created a tattoo buzzer!
Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

148 so far this year

And we made almost zero moves this year.

Last year we were extending players and signing Brantley.
k20dub
AG
bearkatag15
AG

What a **** stick
aTm2004
AG
So, he can't refute what Carlos said?
n_touch
bearkatag15 said:

What a **** stick

"We did it as a team" yet his ass ratted and is not facing any of the heat
astros4545
AG
. . .
agdaddy04
AG
Man, **** him.
Ag_07
AG
k20dub said:

GDit...Baker winning me over slowly but surely
ccaggie05
AG
Man **** Manfred. He knows good and *********well there is no evidence of buzzers or other cheating in 2019 yet he has to leave the door open knowing all the media hacks and douchbag fans will run with it aNd assume that it's true.

No way in hell guys like LMJ and Bregman are able to keep a lid on things all season when their team is getting dragged in the mud over nonsense rumors started by fake twitter accounts.
aTm2004
AG
He's doing a press conference this afternoon. Hopefully he reiterates that there was noting in '19 and no evidence of buzzers.

I'd like for him to say (be won't) to the media and fans that the Astros aren't the only team that's done this, and that if any pitcher who has spoken out about hitting an Astro, if one is hit by their team, then an investigation will be opened on their team.
ccaggie05
AG
aTm2004 said:

He's doing a press conference this afternoon. Hopefully he reiterates that there was noting in '19 and no evidence of buzzers.

I'd like for him to say (be won't) to the media and fans that the Astros aren't the only team that's done this, and that if any pitcher who has spoken out about hitting an Astro, if one is hit by their team, then an investigation will be opened on their team.

I'm not holding my hopes up that he does anything to ease all the abuse the Astros are taking. I'd love for him to announce investigations on other teams or drop the hammer on the Red Sox today, but his interview today and past comments make it obvious he is going to do whatever it takes to make this seem like an Astros only issue rather than a league wide issue.

The only positive I see coming today is strong language regarding punishments if pitchers are throwing at our hitters, which will of course turn up all the media losers and twitter trolls.
bearkatag15
AG

Much respect
Ag_07
AG
That's a pros response.
Mr.Bond
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Much respect

Yeah........ But given what SHOULD be coming out soon on Boston he should tread lightly
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Deluxe
AG
Seems like an indication the Red Sox were up to shenanigans too
aTm2004
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Much respect

He should also ask his dad, Alex Bergman, if it's OK if he talks to other players.
aTm2004
AG
Deluxe said:

Seems like an indication the Red Sox were up to shenanigans too

Yep. He knows they were doing the same damn thing. If Boston gets similar punishment, I hope their media and owner does what Houston's spineless media and owner won't do.
n_touch
Bregmans waiting on the number of bangs before he says anything
n_touch
k20dub
AG
Beat40
tjholley16 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Well at least we know he actually does have a tattoo there now

People are idiots. If you zoom in on the picture, you can see a blurred square where the tattoo should be. Edit for I'm talking about the shirtless picture.

You would think Jomboy would actually look at a picture. It took me 2 seconds to realize something was weird and the zoom in to see it was photoshopped.
Wabs
AG
Quote:

Number one, it has never happened in baseball.
What has never happened? He must be specifically talking about banging on a trash can? Certainly not sign stealing (with or without technology) or relaying it to the batter. That stuff has been going on for a while - he even says so regarding the Red Sox, NYY and Diamondbacks. I don't think using Apple watches had ever been done before, has it Manfred? And in 2018 (after the memo), the Red Sox are suspected of continuing to steal signs. If the MLB report finds them guilty, there is no reason for their punishment not to be at minimum as harsh as the Astros since they are repeat offenders.
ClickClack
AG
He's saying a title has never been stripped before
First Page Last Page
Page 148 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.