*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,580 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wouldn't surprise me to see Keuchel plunk little
Cody this year. What a b*tch.

What is it about the state of CA that turns you into a whining poosay
rgag12
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I cannot imagine the hate that will be flowing when we make it to the WS again this year.

I don't know about that. Have you seen this years uniforms? It's going to be pretty hard to fit the buzzers in those without people noticing.
AggieLit
We have to win 100 games this season. That's the only thing that will shut people up, although the Dodgers will be petulant crybabies no matter what. Kind of runs in the DNA in that city. I hope Crane realizes he needs to trade, spend, do whatever, but get this team to 100 wins, otherwise the whole past three years gets written out of the history books.
ccaggie05
AG
Bellinger's whiny ***** ass needs to blame himself for swinging at air during the 2017 WS.

What really pisses me off is there have been lots of rumblings that the Dodgers are one of the other teams rumored to have been using technology as well but the media and MLB are conveniently ignoring everybody else.

**** the Dodgers. **** Bellinger. **** Manfred. **** MLB. **** Fiers. **** Ken Rosenthal. **** Chandler Rome and Jake Kaplan (and the rest of the pathetic excuses for journalists that hate cover this team).
Farmer1906
AG
That's silly. What if we win 99 and win the division by 5 games?
Bobcat-Ag
So, should the Astros start wearing fake buzzers? Make them really obvious and obnoxious. Then when the umps look for it, it like a box of raisins or something.
E
AG
Cody Bellinger 4 for 28 with 17 SO's in 2017 WS... but the Astro's stole my ring!
Wabs
AG
E said:

Cody Bellinger 4 for 28 with 17 SO's in 2017 WS... but the Astro's stole my ring!
This. Dude can EAD. He sucked and he's whining like a baby.
CoachRTM
AG
I honestly can't believe that they'll be able to keep a muzzle on Bregman's real thoughts over the course of a season.

Maybe he'll actually say what we're all thinking on some Instagram video that gets out.
MAROON
AG
Wabs said:

E said:

This. Dude can EAD. He sucked and he's whining like a baby.
he was also batted .063 with 6 k's in 16 AB in the 2018 World Series. Guy is the definition of CHOKE CITY.

Pure deflection on his part - he literally cost his team a chance at two titles because he can't perform on the biggest stage.
the last of the bohemians
So even Good Morning America ran a hit piece on the Astros this morning regarding blue jays pitcher suing the Astros. Completely one-sided too.
Boy the media (which is based in NY and LA) is being fed by someone, I wonder who it could be.
Wabs
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

So even Good Morning America ran a hit piece on the Astros this morning regarding blue jays pitcher suing the Astros. Completely one-sided too.
Boy the media (which is based in NY and LA) is being fed by someone, I wonder who it could be.
Maybe Yankee knob polishers Olney and Rosenthal?
mwm
Sign stealing wasn't the reason the dodgers lost in 2017. It was Strom.
Ag_07
AG
mwm said:

Sign stealing wasn't the reason the dodgers lost in 2017. It was Dave Roberts.

FIFY
aTm2004
AG
wangus12 said:

Deluxe said:

Wonder if we retaliate and wonder how much MLB ultimately steps in
Can we sign Conor McGregor to a 1 year/$5 million deal? Anybody gets plunked, he gets to charge the mound.
aTm2004
AG
ccaggie05 said:

Bellinger's whiny ***** ass needs to blame himself for swinging at air during the 2017 WS.

What really pisses me off is there have been lots of rumblings that the Dodgers are one of the other teams rumored to have been using technology as well but the media and MLB are conveniently ignoring everybody else.

**** the Dodgers. **** Bellinger. **** Manfred. **** MLB. **** Fiers. **** Ken Rosenthal. **** Chandler Rome and Jake Kaplan (and the rest of the pathetic excuses for journalists that hate cover this team).
You know what they say...the ones who scream the loudest have the most to hide.
Wabs
AG
For my whole life I thought the pinnacle of my sports life would be to see the Ags win a college FB championship.

That has changed now. I now want a 2020 Astros World Series Championship. And I'd like for Manfred to hand over the WS trophy in Dodgers Stadium again.

Please Lord, I beg Thee.
bearkatag15
AG
. . . said:

Here's the video of the interview...

Wabs
AG
Does idiot Bellinger realize that the "truth" wouldn't have come out if the players weren't given immunity? His IQ has to be lower than his 2017 WS batting average.
bearkatag15
AG

Thanks Garrit
tjack16
AG
so some actual baseball talk

How many wins are we expecting this season? I'd say 98-102
Beat40
Can we get a clubhouse fracture please? Would be glorious.
The Beef01
AG
I'm convinced that if you want to make some money this season (in a vacuum where copyright laws aren't a concern), find a way to mass produce and sell an orange Darth Vader costume with Astros logos on it and sell it.

I think they'd sell like crazy with more and more Astros' fans just deciding that they're going to straight-up lean into the heel turn; frankly, I love it. If the Astros offense improves and they just blast teams on the regular this season, it will drive certain fans and mouth-breathing players into an absolute rage which will be hilarious to watch.

For the players on the field, just play the game right....don't show-up pitchers, don't bat flip, etc....let the fans take care of the ****head behavior for you. I'm all for this.
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG

OMG.... I ****ing love this... of coarse its in Southern California where the decision makers are likely Dodger fans.
wangus12
AG
tjholley16 said:

so some actual baseball talk

How many wins are we expecting this season? I'd say 98-102
03_Aggie
bearkatag15 said:

OMG.... I ****ing love this... of coarse its in Southern California where the decision makers are likely Dodger fans.

Our team is the Astros. Pretty sure our parade float will include trash cans for the kids to bang on.
agproducer
AG
Just watched the Bellinger interview...

****. THAT. GUY.

Get your facts straight, dude. MLB says there was no cheating found in 2019, yet you are talking about Altuve's walk-off against Chapman. Also, how did Altuve "steal" MVP from Judge in 17? That fan analysis showed Altuve hardly ever used the system.

The WS they don't have any claims to. They lost Game 2 and 7 -- at home. They blew the lead in Game 2. The epic Game 5 at MMP, I was there. It was so loud you couldn't hear yourself think, let alone a trash can banging. The Dodgers only scored 3 runs in Game 3, but the sign-stealing by the Astros was the reason they couldn't hit.

****. THAT. GUY.
AggieLit
Farmer1906 said:

Then people will say that the first year we couldn't win 100 was because we stopped cheating. 100 is the magic number to shut people up. Or a WS, but I think that is less likely than winning 100.
wangus12
AG
I met an Astros fan in Arlington that had an orange Kylo Ren mask that looked awesome. I was wearing my Darth Vader Astros "We Rule the Galaxy" shirt.
bearkatag15
AG
https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-ross-stripling-astros-hbp-cheating-world-series-202517336.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL2hRclBrNHlxMXE_YW1wPTE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA_bT7JRicSioKwWO43oy_G8sIKSxLvGAzCDjmW30x4loR4f8o4wsMOxrkJrHE_-A2F9Yq2fXYK09p0L9KPLo9xwck6agUcZyJ1JNB2yfzMpPkSWxLLb3ZjPITimfuS_mzqma4hDIyzQ9cPcqg4XWjsU9rmJjRHqO_YKawdlz-94

Well **** you too Ross Stripling...

Quote:

Dodgers pitcher says he would 'probably' throw at Astros hitters if he faced them

Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling, who is likely staying with the team after a trade to the Los Angeles Angels fell through, took things a step further on Friday when asked about what he might have done had the Astros become a division rival in the AL West.

His answer was "probably" throwing at them when the opportunity presented itself.
Farmer1906
AG
AggieLit said:

Farmer1906 said:

Then people will say that the first year we couldn't win 100 was because we stopped cheating. 100 is the magic number to shut people up. Or a WS, but I think that is less likely than winning 100.

I think you completely underestimate people. Some will ***** and call us cheaters even if we win 120 games and go 11-0 in the playoffs. There is no magic number.
tjack16
AG
give us more baserunners for free. I'm fine with that

Our guys need to invest in that faceguard batting helmet that Giancarlo Stanton wears, extra elbow padding and wrist guards
MAROON
AG
bearkatag15 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-ross-stripling-astros-hbp-cheating-world-series-202517336.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL2hRclBrNHlxMXE_YW1wPTE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA_bT7JRicSioKwWO43oy_G8sIKSxLvGAzCDjmW30x4loR4f8o4wsMOxrkJrHE_-A2F9Yq2fXYK09p0L9KPLo9xwck6agUcZyJ1JNB2yfzMpPkSWxLLb3ZjPITimfuS_mzqma4hDIyzQ9cPcqg4XWjsU9rmJjRHqO_YKawdlz-94

Well **** you too Ross Stripling...

Quote:

Dodgers pitcher says he would 'probably' throw at Astros hitters if he faced them

Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling, who is likely staying with the team after a trade to the Los Angeles Angels fell through, took things a step further on Friday when asked about what he might have done had the Astros become a division rival in the AL West.

His answer was "probably" throwing at them when the opportunity presented itself.

Stripling is a dumbass. He just got himself a suspension the first time he hits an Astro. Not to mention, you think maybe Verlander/Greinke/McCullers/Josh James, etc. throw at your batters in retaliation?

Please tell me this numb nuts didn't actually earn a degree at A&M.
03_Aggie
"At the right time, in the right place."

Seems code for I'm putting on a front about it.
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.