*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,317 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mwm
You know, I didn't hear a bang on a garbage can one time in that sequence. The yankees knew what was coming and still couldn't hit it.
Kashchei
AG
Anyone else like the new lids?
Mr.Bond
AG
Kashchei said:

Love them. But not for 42 bucks.... Insane
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Kashchei
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Kashchei said:

Really?? I didn't even look at prices. Nevermind then lol...
Farmer1906
AG
Kashchei said:

The side logo is not good.
Mr.Bond
AG
Kashchei said:

Mr.Bond said:

Kashchei said:

https://www.mlbshop.com/Mens_New_Era_Navy_Houston_Astros_2020_Spring_Training_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat/t-36774229+o-2365+d-670555006+f-0083196+z-9-1275900438?utm_medium=cse&cid=SINGLE&_s=ak1944mlb-pla&sku=12966967&targetid=aud-372137462347:pla-302202374812&gclid=CjwKCAiAhJTyBRAvEiwAln2qB0rcYz7IvqT6EJ-MXSm5Pub0FBFosrwfarQsT8lcCUCp-MLwYLxswBoCZygQAvD_BwE
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marvin
AG
Kashchei said:

Mr.Bond said:

Kashchei said:

25% off so not quite that bad.

Agree with Farmer on the side logo, though. Should have put a trash can instead.
Farmer1906
AG
Has anyone seen if they're selling the hoodie Bregman wore today?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
My goal in life is to be able to pull off a flat bill hat.
Bobcat-Ag
Farmer1906 said:

Has anyone seen if they're selling the hoodie Bregman wore today?
https://www.mlbshop.com/houston-astros/mens-houston-astros-nike-navy-authentic-collection-3/4-sleeve-flux-performance-pullover-hoodie/t-25117552+p-6972430285572+z-9-4114276630?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1
MaxPower
I'm too old to wear a flat bill (or too young). They got one that's "normal"?
spadilly
S
I couldn't wear the New Era hats until they came out with the low profile versions. Crown sits much lower. Try those out.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
spadilly said:

I couldn't wear the New Era hats until they came out with the low profile versions. Crown sits much lower. Try those out.

I can't do those either... the low crown just looks weird...
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
wangus12
AG
dshedd41 said:

Already prepping for them to not get hammered.
agproducer
AG
wangus12 said:

dshedd41 said:

Yep. MLB and Manfred are content to let the Astros be the only ones hammered for something that's prevalent throughout the league.

Crane is a big ***** for not fighting it. Manfred is a big ***** for not truly rooting out the problem. And the national sports media can continue to EAD, especially Drellich and Rosenthal.

Anyone catch Rosenthal's lead to his story in The Athletic yesterday? It read:

"The Astros screwed up their news conference on live television Thursday as only they can."

Yeah, no bias in that.
bearkatag15
AG

Gained 40 lbs in an offseason? Seems like laziness was his real strategy lol

Edit: I'm kidding by the way. I'm sure 230 lbs is closer to his preferred weight than 190. He's a tall dude
k20dub
AG
40 lbs?! He go on the Tyler White weight gain plan?
shano0603
AG
k20dub said:

40 lbs?! He go on the Tyler White weight gain plan?

Except White is 5 foot nothing is and Whitley is like 6'12"
03_Aggie
agproducer said:

wangus12 said:

dshedd41 said:

Yep. MLB and Manfred are content to let the Astros be the only ones hammered for something that's prevalent throughout the league.

Crane is a big ***** for not fighting it. Manfred is a big ***** for not truly rooting out the problem. And the national sports media can continue to EAD, especially Drellich and Rosenthal.

"The Astros screwed up their news conference on live television Thursday as only they can."

Yeah, no bias in that.

"Egregiousness" shouldn't even play a part. Either they employed a scheme after the memo or they didn't. And considering the memo was sent out because of them, I'd say any further skirting of the rules by them would warrant a stiff penalty.

Problem is they've already fired the coach and GM so not much can be done from that perspective.
redline248
AG
Good ol' Stewade

CFTXAG10
AG
I love it, and oddly enough I really want one of those trash cans for my house
wangus12
AG
03_Aggie said:

agproducer said:

wangus12 said:

dshedd41 said:

Yeah, no bias in that.

"Egregiousness" shouldn't even play a part. Either they employed a scheme after the memo or they didn't. And considering the memo was sent out because of them, I'd say any further skirting of the rules by them would warrant a stiff penalty.

Problem is they've already fired the coach and GM so not much can be done from that perspective.
If they were doing it and went on to win the World Series, they deserve as much heat as we're getting
n_touch
Steven A and his idiot partner upset that the Yanks got cheated out of a WS in 2017. Steven A actually claiming that the Astros sign stealing is what cause the Yankees bats to go cold in MMP.

Game 1: 1-2 (Houston)
Game 2: 1-2 (Houston)
Game 3: 8-1 (New York)
Game 4: 6-4 (New York)
Game 5: 5-0 (New York)
Game 6: 7-1 (Houston)
Game 7: 4-0 (Houston)

He was touting how good the bats were for the Yanks in the series but what he is failing to realize is that he is proving a point that he is not even trying for. Carlos Beltran was with them the year before so all of the cheating was in place in NY. Why were the bats so much better in New York than they were in Houston?

Mathguy64
AG
dshedd41 said:

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

I've been saying this all along. MLB doesn't want this bag of **** opened. Nothing will happen to anyone else. The big boys do not want their dirty laundry aired. It happens everywhere in sports. Bama pays players and Ol Miss gets hammered. Sips pay players and SMU takes the perp walk down the Green Mile. Basketball blue bloods cheat and Tarkanian gets on probation.

Once again, I leave you with the catch phrase of the day. Gobble my crank Rob Manfred. Gobble away.
tjack16
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28700845/indians-mike-clevinger-surgery-left-knee

couldn't happen to a nicer guy...
Beat40
I'll wait to see the report, but we did all know this would happen. The fact that they didn't do simultaneous reports meant players would shut up and not be nearly as honest once they saw the penalties.

Screw the MLB for real.

And Crane really makes me mad for not sticking up for his team. The PR beating his team is taking is worse than if he would have just allowed people to fight back.

Senior executives are some of the dumbest smart people sometimes.
Wabs
AG
You either cheated or you didn't. People drawing thin lines between "levels" of cheating is ****ing ridiculous.

If the punishment is any less that's just a bunch of BS, especially given the Red Sox are REPEAT offenders. Does MLB not take that into consideration? The Red Sox firing their manager as a "preemptive move" should have nothing to do with the punishment.
aTm2004
AG
Wabs said:

You either cheated or you didn't. People drawing thin lines between "levels" of cheating is ****ing ridiculous.

If the punishment is any less that's just a bunch of BS, especially given the Red Sox are REPEAT offenders. Does MLB not take that into consideration? The Red Sox firing their manager as a "preemptive move" should have nothing to do with the punishment.
I agree. We pretty much see the writing on the wall that nothing is going to happen to the Red Sox because of this. We also know Crane is a weak coward who will sit silently and let it happen. Times like this is when I wish Mark Cuban had bought the team. He wouldn't sit back and be the jizz rag for the sport.
falcon09
AG
Steven A has lost his damn mind. How the hell does the Astros batter knowing what pitch is coming make the Yankees only score 3 runs in 4 games?!

This is what pisses me off the most. Idiots finding any way the can to **** on the Astros, even if it's completely illogical and makes no sense in the context of baseball. That and the whole buzzer thing still being a thing.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Damn I didn't know our pitchers were stealing the batters signs too. Our analytics are the shlt.
agproducer
AG
Punishment for the Red Sox will be weak, and they are repeat offenders.

MLB doesn't want to open the can of worms and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

What pisses me off most is Crane has just let the Astros take it. Yes, they were wrong for cheating, but he's not demanding the investigation into other teams -- at least not publicly.

Stand up for your team, man.

The PR hit is awful, AND on top of it, the Astros have mishandled the responses ever since the Taubman incident. Instead of focusing on the players and the front office, Crane needs to take a look at his PR team because their performance has been abysmal.
03_Aggie
falcon09 said:

Steven A has lost his damn mind. How the hell does the Astros batter knowing what pitch is coming make the Yankees only score 3 runs in 4 games?!

This is what pisses me off the most. Idiots finding any way the can to **** on the Astros, even if it's completely illogical and makes no sense in the context of baseball. That and the whole buzzer thing still being a thing.

I don't think it's intentional by him. Pretty sure that's him on every issue he talks about. Guy is a moron.

Farmer1906
AG
Actual baseball talk!

First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.