*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,129 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Parent gotta be smarter too. Make it an e-vite with an RSVP. When they see no one is coming then ditch the party and take your kid somewhere for his BD.
agsquirrel97
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Farmer1906 said:

Sorry for all the LMJ tweets, but he's a good dude.

I feel incredibly bad for that poor kid
I actually take exception to his dad's first reaction being to tweet at the maple leafs and put his pitiful son up for public scrutiny. "Hey my kid is a loser, have pity on him" goes over super great with the other kids in the 5th grade.

I'm sure he is a great kid and dad meant well, just more of the same social media crap out there every day.

No offense, cool of LMJ to reach out, just tired of the woe is me victim crap.

ETA: that mustard is gonna stain the formica countertop
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
Nino Brown
The fact that Correa almost singlehandedly saved us in 2017 WS game 2 and some of you want to jump ship on him is mind boggling.
JABQ04
AG
Nino Brown said:

The fact that Correa almost singlehandedly saved us in 2017 WS game 2 and some of you want to jump ship on him is mind boggling.

But what has he done for me lately?
JABQ04
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Well now I know how to get JV at my kids B-Day next year. Maybe he'll bring Kate and the baby?
Farmer1906
AG
Nino Brown said:

Don't disrespect Marwin and George like that.
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-a-slimmed-down-tyler-white-posts-picture-on-instagram/2019/11/06/
dodgersnation.com

512Ag
AG
I have some family experience with hypothyroidism and I can totally see how a poorly treated/untreated thyroid issue would have a huge effect on White. It can definitely hide in plain sight. Assuming that report is true ( and there's no reason to figure it's not) that's a bad look for the Astros medical team if they were aware it was a thing. But good on White and the Dodgers for getting it straightened out.
Deluxe
AG
Nino Brown said:

Did you mean 2017 ALCS game 2?
03_Aggie
512Ag said:

I have some family experience with hypothyroidism and I can totally see how a poorly treated/untreated thyroid issue would have a huge effect on White. It can definitely hide in plain sight. Assuming that report is true and there's no reason to figure it's not that's a bad look for the Astros medical team if they were aware it was a thing. But good on White and the Dodgers for getting it straightened out.

That's just an "I'm still bitter about 2017" tweet.
512Ag
AG
Haha! Fair enough.
Texaggie7nine
JABQ04 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Well now I know how to get JV at my kids B-Day next year. Maybe he'll bring Kate and the baby?
That's why I'm kind of suspicious anytime I see one of these "no one came to my kids BD party" posts now. It was bad enough when people were doing it to get a million likes, but now it seems far more lucrative.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
Here we go again with the Astros are so horrible shtick.

Remember when they got taken through the ringer the last time the medical staff was in question?
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Remember when they got taken through the ringer the last time the medical staff was in question?
...?
agdaddy04
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

...?

Aiken I'm assuming.
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

...?

Brady Aiken

Astros and the staff were scrutinized, grievance was filed, media latched on, etc. Except it turned out something was wrong and the kid did have elbow issues and TJ a year later.
Farmer1906
AG
I see it now. I thought we were still talking about that kids birthday.
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-a-slimmed-down-tyler-white-posts-picture-on-instagram/2019/11/06/
dodgersnation.com

Seriously, I have absolutely had it with this victim mentality. So what if the Astros knew about it? TYLER WHITE KNEW ABOUT IT. He's supposed to be a professional athlete... hell, a mature adult. Take care of yourself. If you have a treatable condition that impacts your ability to live and work in your chosen profession, go to the damn doctor yourself. Put yourself on a diet. Regulate your medication yourself. Is he a six year old that requires a mommy to remind him to take his medication?

What an absolutely ridiculous premise. Criticize the Astros for wasting money on the guy that wouldn't take care of himself, I guess, but don't make poor Tyler an innocent victim in the process.

No clue why that bothered me so much... now I gotta go take a blood pressure pill and calm down. Wait, isn't my employer responsible for doing that for me????
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ummmm if the dude, TW, knew about his own thyroid problem go see your own doctor. It isn't the responsibility of your employer to handle all of your medical care....grow the **** up and man up!
JYDog90
AG
It obviously didn't show up in the physical before the trade.

Is it really any different than buying a used car and realizing that the thing runs like crap, and you take it to a mechanic to find out that some maintenance needed to be done to it? The Great White shows up in LA and they realize, "wow, this guy is even fatter and slower than we thought he was. If we're ever going to get anything out of this trade, we'd better get him up on the rack and check him out."
Formerly Willy Wonka
astros4545
AG
Deluxe
AG
Can we make a new thread rule where if you're responding to a post with a long embedded image/tweet/etc, use the "reply" functionality instead of the "quote and reply" functionality? Or at the very least, delete the embedded image/tweet/etc from the quote.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but it's annoying to scroll down the page and see the same embeds over and over. Especially when it's Tyler White's picture.

Understood that I'm guilty of doing this in the past.
bearkatag15
AG
Your 2019 Baseball America MLB Player of the Year

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
07ag
AG
Deluxe said:

Can we make a new thread rule where if you're responding to a post with a long embedded image/tweet/etc, use the "reply" functionality instead of the "quote and reply" functionality? Or at the very least, delete the embedded image/tweet/etc from the quote.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but it's annoying to scroll down the page and see the same embeds over and over. Especially when it's Tyler White's picture.

Disagree with this suggestion, i get annoyed when i have to go search out what people are replying to to find the context of the conversation
https://ts.la/eric59704
Deluxe
AG
Fair enough. Judging from the zero stars in my post, I guess I am in the minority!
Marvin
AG
Had to star that post... in a reply.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't care enough 1 way or the other. TA shrinks it after a couple of quotes anyway.
Pahdz
I get this sentiment, but also if I'm the team and I'm investing or have invested money in a guy, I'm doing things to get the most out of said investment.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
07ag said:

Deluxe said:

Disagree with this suggestion, i get annoyed when i have to go search out what people are replying to to find the context of the conversation

Agree with this take
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Re: Tyler White - do we even know if the thyroid thing is true?
RO519
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Re: Tyler White - do we even know if the thyroid thing is true?
I read it on the internet, so it has to be true.
Beat40
Just FYI - you can click on the "in reply to..." and it will jump to the post the reply is for.

Edit to say I generally prefer the quote because I don't want to jump around.
WES2006AG
AG
Beat40 said:

Just FYI - you can click on the "in reply to..." and it will jump to the post the reply is for.

I was unaware of this function. Thanks for posting.
Pahdz
Marvin said:

Take care of yourself. If you have a treatable condition that impacts your ability to live and work in your chosen profession, go to the damn doctor yourself. Put yourself on a diet. Regulate your medication yourself. Is he a six year old that requires a mommy to remind him to take his medication?

One last comment on this particular part...this isn't like Chuck the fatboy in accounting at your office. These guys can get popped for 50 games for taking the wrong damn cold meds these days.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.