*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,749 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't worry buddy. Maybe they will have a "People with ****ty dispositions" Night
7nine
tjack16
AG
Shife said:

Sad to see the Astros organization getting blackmailed into hosting a pride night. Baseball is for everyone and I think having theme nights for gays,

https://m.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Houston-Astros-host-Pride-Night-2020-season-LGBTQ-15029464.php

Well there's always one lol
astros4545
AG
Trash
spadilly
S
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm still confused with the lack of a majestic jersey fire sale

I'm pretty sure I read that Majestic was still providing the uniforms this year, but Nike was paying them a handsome amount to slap the swoosh on them instead of the Majestic logo. Maybe that's the reason.

I'll look around and see if I can find the article.

Edit: I half remembered it...
Quote:

These 2020 jerseys have the exact same tailoring and fabric as Majestic's 2019 jerseys. The only difference is the removal of the Majestic sleeve logo, the addition of the Nike chest logo, and the corresponding change to the jock tag. Everything else is the same.

https://uni-watch.com/2019/12/10/gross-mlb-reveals-full-slate-of-nike-fied-home-jerseys/
E
AG
disregard... I didn't see Gammons came out saying it was false, my bad
bearkatag15
AG

Betts and Price to Dodgers. Mystery 3rd team involved
Ag_07
AG
Dodgers should try and pawn Dave Roberts off on BOS.

They'll be stacked but it won't matter if he's at the helm.
Forum Troll
AG
I'm sure Boston is glad to get those 2 contracts off the books.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Price coming off could make room to go after Betts when he hits the market.
bearkatag15
AG
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Angels are gonna play a lot of 10-9 games this year
the last of the bohemians
Please let Greinke have the green light to teach Joc some baseball manners
AustinCountyAg
I love watching all these other teams do all these drastic trades knowing they are playing second fiddle to the Astros.
bearkatag15
AG
So I guess Ken was wrong with the Joc news

AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Ughhhh

We're gonna have to hear the name Joc Pederson every time we play the angels?

Can't stand that guy
bearkatag15
AG

Looks like Joc Pederson was really dealt you LAA. Timing of that coming out made it seem like it was part of the Betts/Price deal
03_Aggie
So dodgers are trading for two players from a cheating team that walloped them in the 2018 WS? I thought these guys were toxic?
tjack16
AG
geez Dodgers are cleaning house tonight ... seems a little late in the offseason for this
MaxPower
You've missed the narrative. Only the Astros cheat. The commissioner told me so.....

Man if we don't get an extension with Springer during spring training we'd have to look like and hard at that type of package for him. Sucks to lose him but if he's walking in 8 months anyway might as well get set up with some young players.
W
AG
so Price has now been with the Rays, Tigers, Blue Jays, Red Sox, and Dodgers.

he's another one of these strange guys...that everybody wants...but then after you've had him...you're okay with him leaving
W
AG
Joc is the Cole Calhoun replacement and also insurance against Upton having another disappointing season
JABQ04
AG
Not looking forward to see Joc dance around like a dewsh more often now that he's with LAA
Ag_07
AG
You're really trying to make this Springer trade happen aren't you?

I just don't see it. WS contenders don't just trade their best players. That's closing the window while it's wide open. We need George to win us a WS THIS year.

It's the equivalent of us trading Cole last year because we didn't get him extended in ST.
tjack16
AG
MaxPower said:

You've missed the narrative. Only the Astros cheat. The commissioner told me so.....

Man if we don't get an extension with Springer during spring training we'd have to look like and hard at that type of package for him. Sucks to lose him but if he's walking in 8 months anyway might as well get set up with some young players.

You'd trade our leadoff hitter and an all star while we are contending for a title??
Farmer1906
AG
MaxPower said:

Do you not care about winning a title this year?
tjack16
AG
I'm guessing the dodgers are now the Vegas WS favorites after tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
tjholley16 said:

Only because they're the clear favorite to win the NL.
Beat40
tjholley16 said:

Good for Mookie going to a team that can still steal signs. Should bring him back up to his 2018 performance.
agproducer
AG
MaxPower said:

You think it is appropriate to trade the World Series MVP and one of the best lead off hitters in the league when the Astros are expected again to contend for a WS title??!
Correa is the only core player I would consider trading. I think you could find a sucker to pay for a 140 game all star SS when they will get a 100 game SS (or less).
It surprised me that his range stats are so poor, maybe the rocket arm is masking his weakness, but lack of range cancels out lots of the positives from the arm.
Farmer1906
AG
He had 9 OOA in a limited time in the field. That good for 9th best SS.
Supposedly Judge has a very good OOA. Well that puts that whole stat into question.
Farmer1906
AG
Or he's a good OF.
Yeah he looks nimble out there.
I credit that stat to some odd phenomenon.
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.