*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,776 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting re: Pence. Wonder what type of contract he'd be in line for? Almost 37 but was an all star last year and his 126 OPS+ last year is close to his career high.

Maybe we found a taker for Reddick or are potentially looking to include Tucker in a deal for a pitcher. Just guesses.
CFTXAG10
AG
Wonder if this is a sign of things to come leading up to spring training. Click wasting no time....
agproducer
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

agproducer said:

Mr.Bond said:

Where would Pence fit in on this team?
Click has no emotional attachment to any of the players... this could mean some get sent packing.

Unload Reddick somehow?
Texaggie7nine
Wonder if he was looking at him for Tampa and now that he has real money, he want's to pull the trigger.
7nine
Deluxe
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Wonder if this is a sign of things to come leading up to spring training. Click wasting no time....
Yea. It's reasonable to think we would have made a couple moves (even if just minor ones) over the last month if the s***storm hadn't happened. Click has some catching up to do.
Ag_07
AG
I can't imagine he wants a long term deal but I doubt he wants another 1 year prove it deal.

I'd think he'd want maybe a 3 year deal to finish out his career.

Not sure what it would look like money wise.
tjack16
AG
The AL Champions trophy promotion is cooler than the rings IMO. I love my 2017 replica ring, but that trophy looks cool.
bearkatag15
AG

This is a smart move after the offseason they just had.
tjack16
AG

Not trying to make this thread political ...but this is also a promotional night this year. Pretty much every stadium had one last year and St Louis had theirs during our series. It was basically just a special tank top with a rainbow cardinals logo for the first 10k fans. Hopefully our fans and posters on here don't make this into a negative promotion. Pride night won't take away from anybody's fun baseball experience that night. But I know some people will avoid going to this game because of it. Sounds like a good night for baseball against a good team!
WES2006AG
AG
tjholley16 said:

But I know some people will avoid going to this game because of it.
Thanks for posting. Can't be too careful in making sure my family and I don't catch the gay.
Farmer1906
AG
tjholley16 said:

Not trying to make this thread political ...but this is also a promotional night this year. Pretty much every stadium had one last year and St Louis had theirs during our series. It was basically just a special tank top with a rainbow cardinals logo for the first 10k fans. Hopefully our fans and posters on here don't make this into a negative promotion. Pride night won't take away from anybody's fun baseball experience that night. But I know some people will avoid going to this game because of it. Sounds like a good night for baseball against a good team!
You seem to be worried about something that hasn't happened. Do you think so little of the posters on here and the people in our city?

It won't be hard to find someone upset about it. The majority don't care and just want to watch baseball.
mwm
"Journalism" died on November 3, 2016. Maybe before.
astros4545
AG
tjholley16 said:

tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjholley16 said:

You seem to be worried about something that hasn't happened. Do you think so little of the posters on here and the people in our city?

It won't be hard to find someone upset about it. The majority don't care and just want to watch baseball.

very true... I also have to laugh at this response to the first comment. Guy is getting owned in the comments
Ag_07
AG
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I'm guessing this is in response to the pence offer??
Deluxe
AG
Seems like something is happening
Farmer1906
AG
Josh's Reddick's Best Year (2017)
.314 AVG
.363 OBP
.484 SLG
.847 OPS
127 wRC+

36 Year Old Pence (2019)
.297 AVG
.358 OBP
.552 SLG
.910 OPS
128 wRC+
Deluxe
AG
Pence works better as a L/R platoon with Tucker too
Marvin
AG
Deluxe said:

Pence works better as a L/R platoon with Tucker too

Ding ding.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I bought a Pence jersey in 2007 just ahead of a trip to Chicago with 2 of my buddies to see a trio of Astros-Cubs games at Wrigley.

Several hundred dollars to see a three-game ass whipping. 6-0 loss to Zambrano, who I believe was 29-0 with a 0.00 ERA for his career against the Astros while hitting .865 with 12 HRs. 9-3 second game as Alfonso Soriano hit a homer off Roy Oswalt that landed yesterday. The highlight of the third game was that Jeff Garland threw out the first pitch and sang Take Me out to the Ball game. Astros led 5-0 after 1-1/2 innings, lost 7-6.

Despite it all and his 2011 trade to the Phillies, my Pence jersey has survived multiple attempts by the wife to throw it out. I lost my world series hat while clowning around on Splash Mountain at Disneyworld 2 years ago. Is this my chance to be hip with Astro merchandise again?
Ag_07
AG
Maybe we'll move Josh to SD or LA depending on who misses out on Mookie.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

We could just move him for Mookie.
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

We could just move him for Mookie.
He should already be familiar with our sign program
MaxPower
I find it doubtful this is related to Reddick. If we could have found some one to take his contract we would have done that months ago, with or without Pence. It makes me worried that Springer or Brantley could be gone for some pitching.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'm still confused with the lack of a majestic jersey fire sale
ATM9000
AG
MaxPower said:

I find it doubtful this is related to Reddick. If we could have found some one to take his contract we would have done that months ago, with or without Pence. It makes me worried that Springer or Brantley could be gone for some pitching.

With Jake gone, I doubt Springer is going anywhere right now.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
tjack16
AG
third coast.. said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Same. Wtf.

They had one for like 3 hours and then removed all of the jerseys online .... or at least most of them
Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bunch of 3rd world kids just got some awesome new jerseys
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Al Bula
AG
Sad to see the Astros organization getting blackmailed into hosting a pride night. Baseball is for everyone and I think having theme nights for gays, Christian faith night or Star Wars tards are all equally stupid. Yeah even Aggie night is dumb.

This is of course about micro-segmentation of a certain demographic and making money like all other promotional game events. Nothing more.

Major League Baseball doesn't need theme nights; that's for minor league baseball.

https://m.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Houston-Astros-host-Pride-Night-2020-season-LGBTQ-15029464.php
Ag_07
AG
Shife said:

Sad to see the Astros organization getting blackmailed into hosting a pride night.

Wow
HossAg
AG
This guy definitely isn't offended at all
First Page Last Page
Page 124 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.