*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,385 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agproducer said:

Yahoo just posted a horse **** article where the columnist claims the Address didn't "deserve" to hire Click. And that the hiring is "unfair" because it's not in the "spirit of the punishment."

I'm not going to post it because the guy doesn't "deserve" clicks.

The MSM is still continuing the Astros hating narrative. Yet, we still wait for the Red Sox penalty and other investigations. I don't think MLB will do jack.
Ha so his point is we should be forced to hire someone universally acknowledged as crap?
Post removed:
by user
CFTXAG10
AG
agproducer said:

the hiring is "unfair" because it's not in the "spirit of the punishment."
Texaggie7nine
I like it when you are on our side against the MSM and not in defense of.
7nine
college of AG
AG
The new part is that it wasn't a Boston thing. NYY was using it prior and the practice was adopted by Boston. Why wasn't NYY looked at also?!?!?
Texaggie7nine
Guess they wanted us to be forced to hire Ed Wade back so he could fleece the astros of all their all stars and send them to the Phillies.
7nine
BMX Bandit
this level of faux righteous indignation is fantastic. even with the high bar that baseball writers have managed to set:

Quote:

Major League Baseball suspended Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow for a year. It was Crane who fired him. And if Crane had any respect for the league he and his organization so stressed, he would have chosen as Luhnow's successor someone not currently holding such a pivotal role in such a pivotal time as James Click. He could have hired former [url=https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/san-francisco/][/url]San Francisco Giants GM Bobby Evans or pulled Peter Woodfork or Kim Ng from MLB's executive ranks, all of whom are wholly qualified. He could have ridden the past administration, dangerous as that might have been, with Pete Putila.
So, that is unfair to James Click. He, his career, should not have to suffer the wounds incurred from the Astros' ethical and leadership lapses. He, of course, had no choice but to accept. And congratulations to him.
And that's the thing. It should not ever have been offered.

"unfair" to James Click to get an awesome opportunity.
CFTXAG10
AG
ClickClack
AG
BMX Bandit said:

this level of faux righteous indignation is fantastic. even with the high bar that baseball writers have managed to set:

Quote:

Major League Baseball suspended Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow for a year. It was Crane who fired him. And if Crane had any respect for the league he and his organization so stressed, he would have chosen as Luhnow's successor someone not currently holding such a pivotal role in such a pivotal time as James Click. He could have hired former [url=https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/san-francisco/][/url]San Francisco Giants GM Bobby Evans or pulled Peter Woodfork or Kim Ng from MLB's executive ranks, all of whom are wholly qualified. He could have ridden the past administration, dangerous as that might have been, with Pete Putila.
So, that is unfair to James Click. He, his career, should not have to suffer the wounds incurred from the Astros' ethical and leadership lapses. He, of course, had no choice but to accept. And congratulations to him.
And that's the thing. It should not ever have been offered.

"unfair" to James Click to get an awesome opportunity.

Wow. Truly the only possible response Is the billy Madison gif.
Texaggie7nine
The comments at the bottom of the article are great though.

Quote:

Rays fan living in Tampa. Sad to see him go but not even my 5 year old could have came up with such bs. All yahoo baseball contributors in general are not very good I've noticed
7nine
WES2006AG
AG
The leap in logic to say we are only allowed to hire somebody that is currently out of baseball because we cheated several years ago is astounding. That guy should feel embarrassed that he actually wrote and published that.
. . .
Ag_07
AG
I'm not defending him because either way it's pure drivel but I think what he was getting at is that it wasn't fair to James Click stepping into this situation. I don't he's saying it's unfair that the Astros got to hire him.

But honestly if he thought it was such a hindrance to his career he could've not interviewed or even declined the offer.

Pretty stupid writing on his part.
Farmer1906
AG

BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

I'm not defending him because either way it's pure drivel but I think what he was getting at is that it wasn't fair to James Click stepping into this situation. I don't he's saying it's unfair that the Astros got to hire him.

But honestly if he thought it was such a hindrance to his career he could've not interviewed or even declined the offer.

Pretty stupid writing on his part.
I know what hes getting at, he writes about unfair Astros get someone so good and unfair Click has to deal with this. Both are still completely stupid.

Click wasn't forced to take the job. And Im guessing he doesn't feel the sense of unfairness this dweeb writer does.
Deluxe
AG
The only person who should be able to determine whether or not this situation is fair to James Click is James Click.
WES2006AG
AG
Quote:

And if Crane had any respect for the league he and his organization so stressed, he would have chosen as Luhnow's successor someone not currently holding such a pivotal role in such a pivotal time as James Click.
He did say that Click may have his reputation tarnished by associating with the Astros, which is already dumb. But he was also saying we should have had to hire someone who wasn't currently with another club.
agproducer
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I like it when you are on our side against the MSM and not in defense of.

I will side with the MSM when it is warranted, but this article stinks to high heaven. So, I will call it out. That is not journalism. That is opinion trying to disguise itself as journalism. That article is an example of the erosion of true journalism.
Frok
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Should have Astros trash cans, missed opportunity there
. . .
Farmer1906
AG
I like it. The last few focused on winning or defending the title.

This is a nice change and shows love for Houston.
The Beef01
AG
Like I said on Twitter....I should've stopped reading that article when the writer made it like he was stepping into a bad situation with a team that's a trainwreck and who is falling apart (b/c they're only going to have 76 picks in the next 2 drafts, as opposed to 80); I, however, kept reading and it somehow got even dumber and less informed.
E
AG
. . . said:

I see they didn't go with my 2020: Let's get Baked...
Deluxe
AG
Quote:

I see they didn't go with my 2020: Let's get Baked...

Easily the worst thing that's happened to the Astros this offseason
07ag
AG
agproducer said:

Yahoo just posted a horse **** article where the columnist claims the Address didn't "deserve" to hire Click. And that the hiring is "unfair" because it's not in the "spirit of the punishment."

I'm not going to post it because the guy doesn't "deserve" clicks.

The MSM is still continuing the Astros hating narrative. Yet, we still wait for the Red Sox penalty and other investigations. I don't think MLB will do jack.
so,, instead of firing hinch/luhnow and hiring the best replacements, what do they propose? wait out the suspensions and keep hinch/luhnow onboard?

seems to me there are some folks that won't be satisfied until the astros are disbanded and their talent spread around the league. maybe the city of houston burned to the ground also. and all astro fans are forced to become ranger fans
https://ts.la/eric59704
Farmer1906
AG
New Rangers Slogan

#ForTheD
Big Cat `93
AG
Between Yahoo's preaching and SI turning into...whatever it is now, I find myself wasting a lot less time reading sportswriting these days. Guess I get to cross Evan Dreilich off my list now, too.
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Jackal99
AG
Mr.Bond said:

An offer to do what?
CFTXAG10
AG
Click bait
agproducer
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Where would Pence fit in on this team?
Texaggie7nine
He should retire an Astros champion not a Giant.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
Interesting on Pence.

Guess he's just a replacement for Jake as an off the bench bat and 4/5 OFer.
irish pete ag06
AG
agproducer said:

Mr.Bond said:

Where would Pence fit in on this team?
Click has no emotional attachment to any of the players... this could mean some get sent packing.
astros4545
AG
We do have an extra position player to use this year

So it's not quite the same calculus
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.