*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,734 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Thinice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can't really trade draft picks.
bearkatag15
AG
I'm dead

MaxPower
If Pads don't get Betts are they a match for Springer? Would be tough to let him guy but a guy like Lamet could fill a big need short and long term.
Ag_07
AG
George isn't gonna be traded.

He's gonna be extended and be a cornerstone of the franchise along with Altuve and Bregman.
Farmer1906
AG
We cannot sell for 2020.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
For the life of me I can't understand why so many want to give up on this season...
AggiEE
Nuke LaLoosh said:

For the life of me I can't understand why so many want to give up on this season...

If our offense stays healthy that's better than last year

Pitching we substituted Cole for Greinke, have a McCullers back, and another year of experience for our young pitchers...unfortunately losing Harris as well

Hopefully we get a good GM that can fill in whatever our holes are by the trade deadline

Still a 90+ win team
bearkatag15
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'm not. Just worried about the starting rotation

W
AG
also like last year...the Astros are going to play 57 games vs. the Mariners (rebuilding), Angels (no pitching), and Rangers (holes everywhere). Plenty of wins to be had against those teams.

plus another 20+ games vs. the Orioles, Tigers, Royals, and so forth.

basically half the schedule is against teams with significant talent deficiencies (or teams not trying to win this season)
Marvin
AG
W said:

also like last year...the Astros are going to play 57 games vs. the Mariners (rebuilding), Angels (no pitching), and Rangers (holes everywhere). Plenty of wins to be had against those teams.

plus another 20+ games vs. the Orioles, Tigers, Royals, and so forth.

basically half the schedule is against teams with significant talent deficiencies (or teams not trying to win this season)

LAA is the trendy pick for most improved in the AL West this year from what I've read the past week. I've seen projections for as much as 92 wins, but that seems unlikely to me given their lack of pitching. I'd say the Rangers have a better chance at breaking 90 than the Angels do, simply because of their starting rotation. The division race will certainly be tougher in '20 if either one of those teams improve to that level. Three 90+ win teams (including the A's presumably) would make for an exciting summer and fall. It will be interesting to see what the Astros payroll constraints are at the trade deadline, if it does work out like that.

On another note, pitches and catchers report a week from tomorrow. Baseball is back, boys!!
Farmer1906
AG
I cannot see another 90 win team in the West besides us and the As. And even the As I am not sure about. I could see Angels and Rangers getting to the 80s.
tjack16
AG
we should win at least 98 games this year. It might be a closer race down the stretch than normal but we should win the division by at least 5 games.

My expectation is Astros vs Yankees again in the ALCS.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Should not have GIS'd "Machete Baby"
The Beef01
AG
third coast.. said:

LO MFING L SOME DUDE JUST BET ME THE ASTROS WOULDNT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR.

I didnt want to take him for too much so either a new era of our choice or a $50 donation to our charity of choice. Wish he was wealthy so I could have made an extra paycheck.
Well, the best way to get rich in O&G is to acquire a bunch of overrides on wells.....no huge payoffs, but a steady stream of decent payouts which add up.

These opportunities would be there right now as the legion of hot takes will believe the Astros are done b/c they "can't cheat anymore" and whereas we realize that it's all likely to cause the team to be more locked-in b/c of the things that have been said about them; these people think our guys are suddenly going to be unable to hit the ball.

Get rich on the accumulation!
DVC2010
AG
No need to punish the rest of us for your mistake.
CFTXAG10
AG
You are right.
Beat40
Had a baby like a true professional. Made sure it was during the offseason. Bregman, Springer, and Correa better be taking notes.
Ag_07
AG
Like Correa has a say in that decision.
Teddy Perkins
AG

linkdude
AG
bearkatag15
AG
linkdude said:

Love this
irish pete ag06
AG
linkdude said:

Hell yes. Rays system is a great one to hire from.
Deluxe
AG
linkdude said:

Nice
wangus12
AG
Great hire there
Buck Compton
AG
This seems like a great hire.

Now go get Cash after a year of Dusty and we'll be in good shape.
YNWA_AG
AG
James Click enters his second season as vice president of baseball operations. In this role, he is involved in all aspects of the baseball operations department with a focus on baseball research and development, baseball systems, clubhouse operations and departmental logistics. He also assists with player evaluation, roster configuration and deployment, contract negotiation and staff management. Click joined the Rays organization in 2006 as coordinator of baseball operations. He was then promoted to director of baseball research and development and later director of baseball operations. James was raised in Durham, N.C. and earned his bachelor's degree in history from Yale University. He and his wife, Ace, reside in St. Petersburg with their two sons, Sam and Nate.

From his Rays bio.
AustinCountyAg
I know nothing about this dude but from the surface he looks like a good hire.

Between him and Dusty this might be the best case scenario in regards to hiring replacements.

Now let's got win this MF and shove it in everyone face.
Mathguy64
AG
That's as good a hire as you could hope for.
bearkatag15
AG
I fully expect Click to begin bargain bin shopping for more arms. He should have really good exposure to paying pennies for roster moves
Farmer1906
AG
So we're trading for CFM in July for the WS run. Calling it now.
JCA1
AG
Number crunching Yale grad with a wife named "Ace." Don't think I want to play him in poker anytime soon.
Ag_07
AG
Great get. They only thing he coulda done better would be bringing back Elias or Mejdal.

Crane got this!
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

I fully expect Click to begin bargain bin shopping for more arms. He should have really good exposure to paying pennies for roster moves

He outplayed Lunhow on CFM
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.