Parking

1,363 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
StoutAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How is the parking by Minute Maid? I didn't get to any of the ALCS games but I'm heading down tonight. Is it like $100 to park at a decent spot?
Ag_07
AG
For playoff games we opt to park a ways away where its easy in and easy out and walk. Especially with the nice weather

The lot at the corner of McKinney and Louisiana has been our go to lot. A bit of a walk but not too bad. Also nice because there's plenty of spots between there and the park to stop and grab drinks after the game.
MAROON
AG
lots of parking south and west of the stadium. Easier to get out after the game from there as well - don't park north (Congress/Franklin/Crawford) of the stadium. Those street are a cluster due to the bayou constricting north south ingress/egress.

During the season a pro-tip is to valet at Potente - go in have a pre-game drink or food. Then pick up your car after the game - cheapest most convenient parking at Minute Maid. Might be packed for the WS.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
StoutAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

For playoff games we opt to park a ways away where its easy in and easy out and walk. Especially with the nice weather

The lot at the corner of McKinney and Louisiana has been our go to lot. A bit of a walk but not too bad. Also nice because there's plenty of spots between there and the park to stop and grab drinks after the game.
That's quite the walk! I used to work in the Total building a long time ago so that would take some time. Good point about the walking to escape traffic, though.
StoutAg
AG
MAROON said:

lots of parking south and west of the stadium. Easier to get out after the game from there as well - don't park north (Congress/Franklin/Crawford) of the stadium. Those street are a cluster due to the bayou constricting north south ingress/egress.

During the season a pro-tip is to valet at Potente - go in have a pre-game drink or food. Then pick up your car after the game - cheapest most convenient parking at Minute Maid. Might be packed for the WS.
Yeah, I heard something similar about Vic & Anthony's. I'm guessing it will be packed tonight, too. (But someone leaving before me is going to try it just to see)

I normally don't park South and West, but that sounds like a good idea for tonight, thanks!
digging tunnels
AG
Yes absolutely park South and West of the stadium. Cuz getting out post game will be a nightmare. A 15 minute walk is nothing. Avoid leaving the game under the 59 bridge to I-10 at all costs. Do not head East of stadium!!! That will be the biggest cluster to get out of
StoutAg
AG
Perfect! That's normally how I exit but never at a game like a WS game. Thanks!
TMACsDaMan
Be wary of parking in a garage for a possible clincher. they want you out of there one hour after last out. I found out the hard way on Saturday night.
AustinCountyAg
last night we rode Ninfas shuttle. From leaving stadium to driving off in car at restaurant took under ten minutes total.....their was also parking near Dynamo stadium for $20 if you wanted to go that route.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.