19' world series tickets

13,863 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wmitchell
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would it be crazy to get some now off a secondary ticket site? Looking at prices online now they seem pretty fair. Club level can be had for $850 a piece. Seems like a decent deal from what I remember compared to 2017.
crowman2010
AG
Highly recommend buying sooner rather than later
jetch17
AG
Yep, in '17 they exponentially go up as each game goes by. By the time game 7 rolled around, our tickets (which were already high) were astronomical even for bleacher seats. I imagine IF the stros make it and it goes long to a game 6 or 7 in houston, it will be crazy.

then again i wouldnt pay high for early games, unless you just WANT to attend a WS game in general in case it can be clinched in DC and dont want to travel.
Thinice
Is the lottery over?

I never heard one way or the other.
AustinCountyAg
well, I ended up just buying some game 1 tickets off of tickpick.com

they do not have any extra charges or fees. Their prices are much better compared to stubhub, seatgeek, etc when looking at the same tickets.
BrokeAssAggie
AustinCountyAg said:

well, I ended up just buying some game 1 tickets off of tickpick.com

they do not have any extra charges or fees. Their prices are much better compared to stubhub, seatgeek, etc when looking at the same tickets.

Are you refunded if they don't make it?
AustinCountyAg
yes
Ducks4brkfast
AG
WS tickets go on sale tomorrow 10am for season ticket holders. That might add a bunch of inventory to the market and suppress prices for the bit.
AgPediRPh
AG
I got an email from Astros.com regarding WS tickets and was about to start a post to ask if it was legit. Thanks!
crowman2010
AG
Just got my email for pull at 9am! Can't wait!
Memphis 7
Did anyone ever get an email about the lotto results? Congrats or rejection?
crowman2010
AG
Seat choices were total crap...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I will take any tickets anyone doesn't want for any game
AustinCountyAg
what did they have? prices? Just curious considering I spent an arm and a leg yesterday on secondary market tickets
3 Toed Pete
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

what did they have? prices? Just curious considering I spent an arm and a leg yesterday on secondary market tickets
SRO was going for $230. LImited Sect 400s were $270. I did get Game 4 (which would be Game 7) in Sect 132 for $370 each. I doubt there is anything still left. SRO kept coming up.
jetch17
AG
damn that 132 is a good grab
TMACsDaMan
It wouldn't surprise me if MLB bought half of the tickets prior to presale and gave half to their partner Stubhub
BCSWguru
was hoping to grab any ticket for 250. hope they come down.
bearkatag15
AG
LSCSN said:

was hoping to grab any ticket for 250. hope they come down.
Well face value of the cheapest seats is $270 is I doubt you see any go below that. Likely $400 will be the cheapest
tjack16
AG
if anybody has an extra they want to sell let me know. I just want one
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Was able to grab 2 in 132 for game 2 and another 2 for each of the 4 home games in 406
KMan97
AG
How soon in advance do they send the presale code? Got selected for 12pm sale, but haven't received code email yet.
07ag
AG
finally got my actual rejection email about ws presale tix, lol
https://ts.la/eric59704
bobinator
AG
SRO is 230/ticket? Damn...
Proposition Joe
TMACsDaMan said:

It wouldn't surprise me if MLB bought half of the tickets prior to presale and gave half to their partner Stubhub

The Astros work with a large broker that controls most of the inventory -- the large quantities you see on Stubhub are theirs.
Proposition Joe
And prices will be significantly less than 2017 (and will come down in price as the game nears).

Second World Series in 3 years and weeknight games as opposed to weekend in 2017.
jetch17
AG
I doubt it ... I think folks will be just as amped this go around if they make it. 2017 was slammed

If it comes down to a trophy game at home, hold onto your butts
Proposition Joe
jetch17 said:

I doubt it ... I think folks will be just as amped this go around if they make it. 2017 was slammed

If it comes down to a trophy game at home, hold onto your butts

There's really not any question, you can check the market right now. Seats are about 25% less than 2017 and that's before most have even been listed.
jetch17
AG
I see you.

I'm just saying I'll be curious to see a jump IF they make it, and as it gets deeper in series. I could def see early games going for less
Proposition Joe
No doubt if a clinch game in Houston looks likely all-bets are off so Game 6 could skyrocket if Houston goes up 3-2.

But more likely you'll continue to see prices trickle down as more quantities hit the market. Game 1 was about $400 get-in a half-hour ago, I bet by the time the presales and public sales are done today around 2 it's sub $350.

Weeknight games really put a damper on things.
jetch17
AG
Cool, I'd def look to get a steal for an early game, will def pay a premium the later it gets
pasquale
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Not for me. I just don't go to work the next day
WES2006AG
AG
Got 1 SRO for game 1 but could never find a 2nd one. So if anyone has an extra SRO they are looking to get rid of for game 1 let me know.
Proposition Joe
pasquale said:

Proposition Joe said:

Not for me. I just don't go to work the next day

Yeah most diehards fans are going to find a way to go, but it changes from Saturday night diehard fan + wife + two kids going to Tuesday night just diehard fan.
BCSWguru
SRO is FV 270? wowzers
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.