2019 Postseason Discussion Thread

19,553 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mike Elko
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

W said:

Cody Bellinger...

a career .178 postseason hitter with a .560 OPS in 145 plate appearances including 52 strike outs.

those are bad numbers

I remember the Astros pitching shut his ass down in '17

Those are bad. But keep in mind hes a 3rd year player and the NLCS MVP in 2018. He'll probably get better.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
Gap
AG
Anyone else think Pedro Martinez is looking a lot like Fat Albert on the TBS ALCS broadcast? I couldn't find a more recent picture of Pedro but I think he has put on another 25 lbs. since the below one.

kb2001
AG
ravingfans said:

Did anybody else open this thread thinking someone gave up on the Aggie 2019 Football season early--just before staring down Bama at Home 5 games into the season?

My mind told me that is some SERIOUS BAS!!!
Why would you think a thread in the MLB and Baseball Other forum is about Aggie football?
ravingfans
AG
kb2001 said:

ravingfans said:

Did anybody else open this thread thinking someone gave up on the Aggie 2019 Football season early--just before staring down Bama at Home 5 games into the season?

My mind told me that is some SERIOUS BAS!!!
Why would you think a thread in the MLB and Baseball Other forum is about Aggie football?
didn't know it was in the BBall forum before clicking--was in running for POTD
jkag89
Redbirds have dug themselves a deep hole. Only three teams have come back to win a seven game series after dropping the first two games at home; the Royals in '85 WS to beat the Cardinals. the Mets in '86 WS to beat the BoSox and the damn Yankees in '96 WS over the Braves.
Chrundle the Great
AG
jkag89 said:

Redbirds have dug themselves a deep hole. Only three teams have come back to win a seven game series after dropping the first two games at home; the Royals in '85 WS to beat the Cardinals. the Mets in '86 WS to beat the BoSox and the damn Yankees in '96 WS over the Braves.

And they still haven't seen Strasburg
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

Cardinals are by far the weakest team left.

Nationals going to the World Series would be a lot more interesting. The nationals have some great right handed pitching.
wareagle044
Digging deeper are the cards
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

Nationals going to the World Series would be a lot more interesting. The nationals have some great right handed pitching.
If the Astros win the AL pennant, I don't want it interesting.

On the other hand, if the Nats win the NL pennant, Seattle will be the only remaining franchise to never appear in The Series.
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

On the other hand, if the Nats win the NL pennant, Seattle will be the only remaining franchise to never appear in The Series.
I understand. I never get to see the nationals play tho. Strasburg and scherzer are awesome. The Astros have more studs tho.
South Platte
jkag89 said:

Ugh, that makes me actually want to root for Seattle. The horizon doesn't look promising either.
W
AG
it's been an embarrassing performance for the Cardinals in the NLCS.

4-game sweeps in the NLCS have occurred 3 times: 1995, 2007, and 2015

Mike Elko
AG
The Nats have the horseshoe this season. They'll win the WS, and Harper will be crying all the way to the bank.
jkag89
W said:

it's been an embarrassing performance for the Cardinals in the NLCS.

4-game sweeps in the NLCS have occurred 3 times: 1995, 2007, and 2015

Bunch of three game sweeps before the Championship Series expanded to seven games in '85.
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

I understand. I never get to see the nationals play tho. Strasburg and scherzer are awesome. The Astros have more studs tho.
I understand. From my point of view it would be nice if the two teams with the traditional approach to their rotation make The Series. I do not hate the idea of an Opener, it is smart for teams to do whatever it takes to win games but there is something special when Aces face each other.
jkag89
Nats already up 2-0. Still batting with the bases loaded one out.
Bregxit
AG
jkag89 said:

Nats already up 2-0. Still batting with the bases loaded one out.

3-0
Bregxit
AG
4-0
Bregxit
AG
5-0
Bregxit
AG
jkag89
7=0
W
AG
not the result the Nationals were looking for in Game 4. D.C. is pulling for the Yanks on Friday
Bregxit
AG
W said:

not the result the Nationals were looking for in Game 4. D.C. is pulling for the Yanks on Friday

Username checks out.

South Platte
https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-Jeff-Luhnow-never-know-intent-Taubman-14556370.php

Lame statement but at least he apologized. "We may never know" the reason behind Taubman's actions . . . well, he reports to you and works down the hall from you. He's expected to answer any text or phone call you send him regardless of location or time of day/night. How about you ask him . . .

Danny Vermin
Need 2 more wins for my second favorite team!!
Farmer1906
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Whoever is playing the Astros?
eATMup-Reveille
Danny Vermin said:

You may have to wait until next year. either way, go scru yourself.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
jkag89 said:

Redbirds Stros have dug themselves a deep hole. Only three teams have come back to win a seven game series after dropping the first two games at home; the Royals in '85 WS to beat the Cardinals. the Mets in '86 WS to beat the BoSox and the damn Yankees in '96 WS over the Braves.
Life comes full circle
Mike Elko
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

The Nats have the horseshoe this season. They'll win the WS, and Harper will be crying all the way to the bank.
10/15/19.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.