How to watch the Stros in Houston w/o DTV

2,356 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ghost91
Ghost91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got a smartTV, so gonna cancel DTV and go with YouTubeTV, Hulu, whatever. But looks like YTV only gives me stupid Rangers coverage on Fox Sports Southwest.

Any tips?
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
MLBStreams on Reddit. Be careful of pop-up adds and viruses though.
Ag_07
AG
FuboTV carries ATTSportsnet

They do not however have ABC or ESPN so I went with PlayStation Vue just for football season.

Texaggie7nine
I got FuboTV for Astros and Rockets viewing. Also has DVR function.
7nine
agproducer
AG
I use Playstation Vue for TV.

For Astros, I use my TCL Roku TV, Smart DNS service and MLB.tv.
AustinCountyAg
agproducer said:

please elaborate on this for the tech dumbness in me. I have a TCL Roku TV as well so this intrigues me. What is DNS service?
BullSprig07
AG
I use FuboTV and have been happy. Only downside is no ESPN, but it's easy enough to use someone else's espn log-in on the app.
Broncos
agproducer said:

I also use my PS4 with MLB.tv and a DNS service. Easiest way.
cablinaggie
AG
Broncos said:

agproducer said:

I also use my PS4 with MLB.tv and a DNS service. Easiest way.
Roku Ultra + mlb.tv + overplay.net. There's a thread on here that explains it all. Fubo doesn't have MLB Network or else I would consider switching from Vue. Although Blummer and Kalas are pros, I like to watch the opposition's stream sometimes.
Texaggie7nine
I'm a homer and I need a homer broadcast. I hate national or opponent broadcasts. That's why I can't do MLB.
7nine
cablinaggie
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I'm a homer and I need a homer broadcast. I hate national or opponent broadcasts. That's why I can't do MLB.
You can pick either one (ATTSW feed or opposition feed).
Texaggie7nine
but I don't care about any other mlb games but the Stros. So FuboTv works just fine.
7nine
Furlock Bones
AG
started trial on FuboTV last night. i like it. i was only behind by a couple of seconds. just have to mute my buddies, so everything isn't always ruined.
Ghost91
Those of you that are on FuboTV - is that your sole provider for everything that you watch, or do you find yourself needing to supplement it with YouTubeTV, or Hulu, etc?
Ag_07
AG
We're supplementing it with PlayStation Vue just during football season.

Like I mentioned FuboTV doesn't have any of the ESPNs or ABC.

Even with carrying both it's cheaper than what we were paying for DTV.
Texaggie7nine
We use FuboTV for live TV. We have Netflix and Amazon for streaming shows. Also HBOgo and ESPN +
7nine
BullSprig07
AG
we hardly watch TV in a traditional sense anymore but yes I fubo and my antenna when I do. The only small gripe is if you are just chilling out channel surfing, when you are using the guide to see what's on you won't be able to continue watching the previous channel in the corner of the screen like you would with most cable/dish guides these days. Very first world problem though.
Texaggie7nine
I'm loving Attnet on FuboTV. With Comcast, I could only stream live tv from my home wifi. Not outside.

With Fubo, I can watch Astros on my phone or tablet or hotel smart tv anywhere I go.
7nine
agproducer
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

agproducer said:

please elaborate on this for the tech dumbness in me. I have a TCL Roku TV as well so this intrigues me. What is DNS service?

Smart DNS helps mask your location, so you can avoid the blackouts by MLB.tv. I use overplay.net. It works with Roku. Overplay has setup instructions on its website that will walk you through it. You will have to tweak some settings on your router, but the instructions show you how to do it. Overplay offers support of you need it.

Right now, you could sign up for a month of MLB.tv and month of overplay to see if you like it. It will be about a $30 gamble, but when you see it working, it will be worth it.
Ghost91
Is there a way to set up your favorite team to autorecord on Fubo?? I'm loving it, other than the fact that I have to remember to manually record every Astros game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.