If you build it, they will come

3,370 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big Shooter
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-white-sox-game-at-field-of-dream-site

You would think of Cubs Cardinals or White Sox Royals game would make more sense given the proximity of the fans
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

astros4545
AG
Manfred
ChipFTAC01
AG
First pitch from Costner or Ray Liotta?
Mr.Bond
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Costner no question. Got to be careful eating those hotdogs though easy to choke on
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Mr.Bond said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Costner no question. Got to be careful eating those hotdogs though easy to choke on

Especially because Burt Lancaster has been dead for 25 years. And Moonlight Graham for 55.
twilly
AG
So does this mean the ChiSox will play in 1919 throwbacks? That's kind of a touchy subject for the former Black Sox.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Derek Jeter wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-***** when he was a Yankee so we told him to stick it!
Frok
AG
Will the outfield wall be corn? That would be cool if the teams just walked in from the corn.

AustinAg2K
Frok said:

Will the outfield wall be corn? That would be cool if the teams just walked in from the corn.

If they put up a wall in the outfield, then the whole thing is dumb. Gotta just have the corn out there.

Also, first pitch should be Costner to whoever played his dad.
AustinAg2K
ChipFTAC01 said:

Mr.Bond said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Especially because Burt Lancaster has been dead for 25 years. And Moonlight Graham for 55.
Field of Dreams, dude. They can still play there.
johnrth
Frok said:

Saw in another article part of the wall will be glass so you can still see the corn.
Mr.Bond
AG
So it turns out they're building a new stadium on the same property? They're not even playing the game on the actual f****** field that's stupid

. . .
jkag89
Mr.Bond said:

You would think of Cubs Cardinals or White Sox Royals game would make more sense given the proximity of the fans
ChiSox makes sense since it was the 1919 Black Sox that first showed up to play on Ray Kinsella's lawn.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Mr.Bond said:

So it turns out they're building a new stadium on the same property? They're not even playing the game on the actual f****** field that's stupid
What would be dumber is watching routine fly ball outs being hit half way into the corn fields and a baseball game with a final score of 28-25.

I love this idea and hope they do it every year.
Bregxit
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I agree with the sentiment but after seeing photos of the movie set field, it is barely little league quality (and smaller than LL junior field dimensions) and making it MLB ready would destroy the "history", for lack of a better word.

Dumb idea but it is going to rack in a ton of dough for the field's holding company.
Corporal Punishment
AG
I hope they wear those tiny gloves
Ag_07
AG
I think this is WAY cool. I'll certainly watch

From some of you who think otherwise...What makes this such a bad idea?
Mr. White
Gotta go all in on the throwback.

Megaphone to announce the batters, no walk-up music (thank goodness), 5 cent popcorn, etc.
AgFan1999
AgFan1999
AG
They're not playing on the movie field.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
jkag89 said:

Mr.Bond said:

ChiSox makes sense since it was the 1919 Black Sox that first showed up to play on Ray Kinsella's lawn.

Yankees make sense as well because Ray Kinsella's father John was a Yankee farmhand in the movie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.