Prayers for the Skaggs Family

14,264 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gig’em Aggies!
. . .
Rest in peace.

suburban cowboy
AG
I'm 27 and had a health scare last year. Every day is an absolute gift. We haven't even lived yet.

RIP, man.
Captain Pablo
AG
I wonder what happened
monarch
S
SPD not releasing any news at all.
monarch
S
Ball game cancelled for tonight.
Captain Pablo
AG
27 y.o.a, hotel, no foul play

Usually a suicide or OD

Could be natural I guess

Tragedy regardless
IBombedTheMoon
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Usually a suicide or OD

Could be natural I guess

Tragedy regardless

I'd be shocked if it was natural. It's absolutely possible, but 26yo professional athletes don't randomly drop dead from natural causes, or I see it as the least likely scenario. It's tragic, regardless.
Captain Pablo
AG
IBombedTheMoon said:

Captain Pablo said:

Usually a suicide or OD

Could be natural I guess

Tragedy regardless

I'd be shocked if it was natural. It's absolutely possible, but 26yo professional athletes don't randomly drop dead from natural causes, or I see it as the least likely scenario. It's tragic, regardless.

I would be shocked as well
Bregxit
AG
IBombedTheMoon said:

Captain Pablo said:

Usually a suicide or OD

Could be natural I guess

Tragedy regardless

Darryl Kile at 33.
Conrad McRae at 29.
Jason Collier at 28.
Reggie Lewis at 27.
Hank Gathers at 23.
Zeke Upshaw at 26.
Fab Melo at 26.

All natural causes.
Captain Pablo
AG
dlance said:

IBombedTheMoon said:

Captain Pablo said:

Usually a suicide or OD

Could be natural I guess

Tragedy regardless

Darryl Kile at 33.
Conrad McRae at 29.
Jason Collier at 28.
Reggie Lewis at 27.
Hank Gathers at 23.
Zeke Upshaw at 26.
Fab Melo at 26.

All natural causes.

Yes, it happens
FriscoKid
AG
Brain aneurism?
swimmerbabe11
Totally didn't believe it at first.

So sad for him, his family, and his team.
WoMD
I had a vascular issue in my brain that wasn't diagnosed until it bled when I was 20. It could have easily killed me then, but i was lucky and it was caught and treated. Stuff like this can brew under the surface and is never known until it's too late. Unfortunately, there's no way to know until death in a lot of circumstances since often there are no warning signs.
iBrad
AG
I still remember this story. Shook me up because I was the same age, have a heart murmur, and was playing college baseball at the time. Made me go get my heart checked out again, just to make sure.

http://www.espn.com/ncaa/news/2002/0729/1411451.html
91AggieLawyer
AG
dlance said:

IBombedTheMoon said:

Captain Pablo said:

Usually a suicide or OD

Could be natural I guess

Tragedy regardless

Darryl Kile at 33.
Conrad McRae at 29.
Jason Collier at 28.
Reggie Lewis at 27.
Hank Gathers at 23.
Zeke Upshaw at 26.
Fab Melo at 26.

All natural causes.

True, but how many of those deaths involved an "ongoing" police investigation? They didn't say they were waiting for medical or coroner results. They issued a release 2 hours after they found him. They could simply be gathering information from people he was around in recent hours so if results come back that sound fishy, they're ready to go. However, it is also reasonable to speculate that something other than natural causes may be at play here.

We'll find out soon enough.
YellAg2004
AG
"The investigation is on-going" is pretty much standard language issued in a release, especially when it is only a few hours after the body was discovered. The investigation will likely "continue" until the ME issues their final autopsy report in a month or two.

The flip side of the coin would be even weirder, IMO. "We found him dead in his room 2 hours ago and our investigation is complete."
wbt5845
AG
This depends on what your definition of "natural causes" is. For example, Hank Gathers had a heart condition for which he was supposed to be taking medication, but whose not to.

Was his death "natural"? I guess.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Not sure why anyone wants to speculate on what killed him and especially assign a negative cause like drugs, suicide or not taking their meds especially if you don't know the guy or his habits. It's not like this guy was Charlie Sheen

I know 4 people who are under 40 who died of natural causes a DVT, a heart condition, some liver failure and an aneurism. It may be a nefarious end but why speculate on a thread request positive prayer or energy or whatever you believe. Start another thread call it "what killed Tyler"
threeanout
AG
Was this the hotel where the entire Angel team was staying?
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Not sure why anyone wants to speculate on what killed him and especially assign a negative cause like drugs, suicide or not taking their meds especially if you don't know the guy or his habits. It's not like this guy was Charlie Sheen

I know 4 people who are under 40 who died of natural causes a DVT, a heart condition, some liver failure and an aneurism. It may be a nefarious end but why speculate on a thread request positive prayer or energy or whatever you believe. Start another thread call it "what killed Tyler"

Well...this is the internet and questions usually follow suit. You don't have to read the posts that offend you.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Doesn't offend, just don't get the omg drugs suicide. Just comes off like trying to bring someone down for no reason
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag_07
AG
That Angel's presser is a tough watch.

Incredibly sad all around.
Aust Ag
AG
Did I miss "cause of death" here?
Velvet Jones
AG
Angels combine for no hitter on night honoring Skaggs

Quote:

Mike Trout shook his head.

"You can't," he said, pausing for a moment to gather himself. "You can't make this stuff up."
LawHall88
AG
wbt5845
AG
This doesn't surprise me.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Fentanyl: delicious but deadly
DannyDuberstein
AG
With a BAC of .12 and some oxy mixed in. The guy was going at it hard.
Captain Pablo
AG
dlance said:

IBombedTheMoon said:

Captain Pablo said:

Usually a suicide or OD

Could be natural I guess

Tragedy regardless

Darryl Kile at 33.
Conrad McRae at 29.
Jason Collier at 28.
Reggie Lewis at 27.
Hank Gathers at 23.
Zeke Upshaw at 26.
Fab Melo at 26.

All natural causes.

Well

Not this one
bthotugigem05
AG
Good lord that's some strong stuff
Baseball-Junkie
I don't like that the family and their lawyers are trying to implicate someone else and take the blame off of Tyler. If Tyler directed the clubhouse manager or some errand boy to go score drugs for him, that doesn't make it any less his fault. I feel for the family, but trying to save face by throwing someone under the bus and setting up a lawsuit, is irresponsible as well.

Now if they had some low level employee dealing, it's a different story. It still wasn't forced on him, but would make the situation different.
TXAggie2011
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

I don't like that the family and their lawyers are trying to implicate someone else and take the blame off of Tyler. If Tyler directed the clubhouse manager or some errand boy to go score drugs for him, that doesn't make it any less his fault. I feel for the family, but trying to save face by throwing someone under the bus and setting up a lawsuit, is irresponsible as well.

Now if they had some low level employee dealing, it's a different story. It still wasn't forced on him, but would make the situation different.
I read the lawyer's statement as "yeah, I have no idea, actually, but I'll take your money."

I suppose we'll see what their investigation turns up.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.