HOU vs. COL - July 3rd in Denver

1,578 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by digging tunnels
CoachAg19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any fellow Ags in the Denver area, or traveling there, and will be at this game? I'm coming out there from Houston with my two roommates from our time at A&M. We've been traveling annually for about 5 years now to support the Astros in a different ballpark. Or can anybody provide suggestions on where to hang out pre- and post-game?
Class of 2010
The Lost
Age range/atmosphere you like? You can fall over and hit a bar right outside the stadium, just pick one and bar hop. Tons of breweries just north in the River north area if that's preferred to younger bars.

Great stadium, since its fireworks night, most of the crowd, especially upper levels will care more about that, drinking, their phone, compared to the game.
WES2006AG
AG
Saw the Astros at Coors last year: they have a great set of bars right outside the stadium. Plenty to pick from so just find the one that fits the atmosphere you are looking for.

We sat club level but there was a rain delay so we walked around the upper deck in right field. Pretty cool area with good views out there.
CoachAg19
AG
Thanks for the suggestions. We've done a little research and noticed that there's tons of places right by the stadium, so we're looking forward to that. We're all early 30's, so we prefer more of a sports bar type atmosphere where we can chill and play pool, darts, etc.
Class of 2010
BTKAG97
AG
Rooftop.

'Nuff said.
BTKAG97
AG
As for the bars, avoid Lodo's, The Tavern Downtown, and Viewhouse unless you like long lines, affliction t-shirts, and the possibility of cover charges.

Check out 1-Up and get some old school video games in and a $10.00 32oz Mickey's, some other malt liquor, or if you're real adventuous, some Mad Dog 20/20.

Hit up Biker Jim's for a reindeer dog with onions and creamcheese.

If you have time and some room left in your gullets then stop by Ian's and get a slice of macaroni or sliced potato pizza.
Schall 02
AG
I'll be there. You'll want to stay for the fireworks after the game, so either buy infield seats or prepare to go on to the field itself with the throngs of others after the game.

Feel free to email me (in profile) if you want any particulars.

And go Rox! (And Rangers.)
Schall 02
AG
As for bars with games, check out Rhein Haus.
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
Get there early and check out the National Ballpark Museum that's about a block or so west of the stadium. Tons of cool stuff about ballparks that aren't around anymore plus Fenway and Wrigley.
Mr President Elect
AG
I'm going to the game on the 2nd, but have family coming in on the 3rd so will miss that one. I recommend Tap 14, nice rooftop with great beer selection and cornhole. The majority of the bars right around the ballpark are sports bars and are pretty decent. Someone mentioned to not go to Lodos or Viewhouse, but I kind of like them as far as sports bar atmospheres. Viewhouse has a pretty big rooftop and a yard with with games.
theSCHW4B
AG
I went for the series last year and will be going again for both games next week. We hit up pretty much all of the bars around the ballpark, but Tap 14 was probably our favorite. We have tickets on the rooftop for game 1. I would say look for the blue and orange, but if it's anything like last year, it will be a 50/50 crowd.
digging tunnels
AG
I will be there on the 2nd for sure. Apparently that is Aggie night for that game per a FB I invite I received. Also possibly going on the 3rd
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.