Braves Thread

114,220 Views | 2014 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Aggie1205
aggiephoenix02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...
"Win the whole F-<{!n& thing."
bingram1230
AG
I don't live in GA any more but loved the all star game being there. I was looking forward to Ronald in the HR derby possibly and there is no reason to move it. The Braves organization and fans had nothing to do with those laws and MLB just gave them a giant Middle finger. I bet they don't play the chop either over the speakers at the home opener (hope I'm wrong about that).
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Somebody might want to tell the guys that these games do count. Rough start for the lineup, but the pitching has been pretty good so far.
aggiephoenix02
Maybe we'll match up better against the Nats...
bingram1230
AG
We struggled last year at first. I'm not freaking out yet
toucan82
On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you guys about trading for Orlando Arcia?
Aggie1205
AG
Maybe a 4? Seems like a good bench piece but not much more. Hard to grade a bench piece higher than that. Not worried about what we gave up so no hard feelings there.
aggiephoenix02
Finally, our boys are waking up. It's about time!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Absolute screw job in the 9th inning. MLB replay is worthless. Bohm was clearly out at the plate, but the idiot home plate ump called him safe so they refused to overturn.
aggiephoenix02
The runner never even touched the plate...
setsmachine
AG
aggiephoenix02
A rare matchup of Texags baseball forum's two out of state threads, Braves Thread vs Cubs Thread v2.0

A weekday day game in Chicago! Sounds like a good time to call in sick (Farris Bueller's Day Off)...
CDub06
AG
I hope the braves lose every game you thread-locking, disrespectful birdbrain
aggiephoenix02
Haha, wut?

Edit: HaHa, Last...
aggiephoenix02
1-1, the series is tied, rubber match tomorrow...
PhatMack19
AG
Pretty cool

78669AG
This team is waking up.

Rizzo struck out freddie. Hilarious
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
toucan82
Ynoa out a couple of months after punching a bench and breaking his hand

What the hell?
PermianBasinAggie
AG
The season is a quarter done, and things are a bit of a disaster right now.Freeman, Swanson, Ozzie, Ozuna... None of them are hitting. Pache didn't hit at all. D'Arnaud is hurt, but wasn't hitting much either. The bullpen isn't getting it done. Soroka is hurt. Ynoa broke his hand. Fortunately, nobody is running away with the division, so there's time to turn it around. But they really need to get healthy and start preforming before it's too late. The talent, theoretically, is there.
Aggie1205
AG
It's only gotten worse since the last post.

Aggie1205
AG
The Braves hit the .500 mark again and Will Smith gives up a walk off HR to push them back under.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Yes, that was frustrating. In the process, he wasted a brilliant start by Tucker Davidson. Of course, the offense deserves a lot of blame for that too. Ozzie and Contreras combined for 6 hits. The rest of the lineup had 2.

It is hard not to get excited about Davidson though. Another young pitcher emerging.
aggiephoenix02
Our mojo is gone...
toucan82
Acuña out with a torn ACL

****ing sucks
PermianBasinAggie
AG
Yeah, that's devastating. It will be interesting to see what direction the front office goes the rest of the season. They could still catch the Mets, but there's no way this collection of players will win a WS. Makes more sense to trade off a couple of vets who are in the final year of their contracts and call up some young guys, like Pache and maybe Waters.
78669AG
Traded for Joc Pederson. This also might be the time to finally go after Kris Bryant since it has been rumored for a while
Aggie1205
AG
Anderson to the IL and Touki back up as well. We could really use him to pull a Ynoa and be a surprise piece.
toucan82
But without the breaking his hand part
Aggie1205
AG
Braves have picked up Eddie Rosario (for the Panda) and brought back Duvall for Alex Jackson.

I mean probably not major impacts but we also didnt give up anything important for the future either. Pablo should have probably been cut from the team and hired as official hugger and cheerleader by now.
PermianBasinAggie
AG
All of the sudden this team is tied for first place in the division. Gotta give the front office credit. They rebuilt the outfield and bullpen, without giving up any real prospects of any significance. Gonna be a race to the finish line against the Phils and Mets.
aggiephoenix02
PermianBasinAggie said:

All of the sudden this team is tied for first place in the division. Gotta give the front office credit. They rebuilt the outfield and bullpen, without giving up any real prospects of any significance. Gonna be a race to the finish line against the Phils and Mets.
Getting to first in the division has been a tough uphill climb. I hope our boys make the postseason...
The Anchor
AG
Up 1.5 games
yawny06
AG
Up 2.5 games!
PermianBasinAggie
AG
It's fun to follow this team all of the sudden. We're fortunate that the division stayed within reach for the first 2/3 of the season. Now it's the Braves division to lose, especially now that Ynoa is back in the rotation and pitched well. Ian Anderson should be back at some point, and they might just have enough pitching to cruise to the playoffs and make some noise when they get there.
aggiephoenix02
That's the plan, Baby!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.