***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,892,737 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

I just hope we are saying Jose effing Urquidy after tonight.
that would be way better than us saying effing Jose Urquidy!
Beat40
So, if we score 0 or 3+ runs in the 1st, we're good, right?
gigemJTH12
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

today is my 30th birthday.

I am a huge fan as most of you are. I love sports and cheer for all the houston teams but nothing anywhere close to the Astros.

Aggie Football and Astros are the only teams I will cry over for a championship(already did once).

The day I turned 18(when we were a 3rd place NL central team) I went and got an Astros star tattoo. My dad told me I'd regret it when we changed logos and we did soon after but now its just kind of retro..lol. Didnt get A&M bc I wasnt accepted yet.

Love this team more than anything. Hoping they make my 30th special tonight!

Dude!!!!

My best friends parents just called they are taking me!! 109!!

I have been to 5 playoff games since 2017 including game 5 2017 and game 6 ALCS this year.

I'm 5-0. Lets go!!!!!!
Cromagnum
AG
Beat40 said:

So, if we score 0 or 3+ runs in the 1st, we're good, right?

They way it's been going at home, we need to put up all 10+ in the first.
David_Puddy
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

today is my 30th birthday.

I am a huge fan as most of you are. I love sports and cheer for all the houston teams but nothing anywhere close to the Astros.

Aggie Football and Astros are the only teams I will cry over for a championship(already did once).

The day I turned 18(when we were a 3rd place NL central team) I went and got an Astros star tattoo. My dad told me I'd regret it when we changed logos and we did soon after but now its just kind of retro..lol. Didnt get A&M bc I wasnt accepted yet.

Love this team more than anything. Hoping they make my 30th special tonight!

Dude!!!!

My best friends parents just called they are taking me!! 109!!

I have been to 5 playoff games since 2017 including game 5 2017 and game 6 ALDS this year.

I'm 5-0. Lets go!!!!!!

Love it man.....have fun! Yell all game even if you're getting looks from the corporate bandwagoners.
gigemJTH12
AG
Thanks man. I always do. And I never sit down. Whoever is behind me can deal with it and stand up. Chain reaction
Frok
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Frok said:

I just hope we are saying Jose effing Urquidy after tonight.
that would be way better than us saying effing Jose Urquidy!

Hey, you are supposed to be the positive thinker here!
agsquirrel97
AG
Cromagnum said:

I'm surprised tickets dont cost more tonight. Its do or die.
we know dan
InnerCityAg
Anyone have the Greinke/Soto gif?
Post removed:
by user
Ag12thman
AG
Bregxit said:

wangus12 said:

WelchAg said:

I remember feeling completely discouraged after JV couldn't close out game 6 in 2017...didn't think it would happen to us at that point. Well, we all know how that story ended. I have a similar feeling this year and it is set up the same way, so we'll know how this ends in about 11 hours.
Its bad that I feel like even with as good a pitcher on the mound as Grienke, I have zero faith that we can provide any run support. I was hopeful after the middle of the series, but the bats of shut down again and we look completely lost.

That's because Strasburg was amazing again last night. I have no idea how some do not understand that great pitching beats great hitting. Once he settled in after the first he was lights out and pretty much unhittable.
YEP. Exactly. It's just like in most any other sport. Defense wins championships. Well, pitching is the initial defensive front in baseball.

Astros have one of the most loaded hitting line-ups in baseball history and they have gotten shut-down with outstanding pitching in several games this postseason.
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/world-series-game-7-how-nationals-and-astros-plan-to-use-pitchers-with-max-scherzer-zack-greinke-starting/

Quote:

It is Game 7 and all bets are off. There's an X-factor here, and he just went 8 1/3 innings. Yes, there's a chance Stephen Strasburg is available. He hinted at it in a post-game interview with MLB Network. He's got all winter to recover. Remember Randy Johnson pitched in 2001 for Game 7 on zero days' rest.
Here's a guess about how the framework could work, by innings, in a good but not ideal situation for the Nats:

• Scherzer: 5 innings
  • Corbin: 1
  • Hudson: 1
  • Strasburg: 1
  • Doolittle: 1

Unless Scherzer and Corbin combine for a lot more innings, extra innings wouldn't bode well for the Nationals' chances. They'd have to dip into the soft underbelly of the bullpen or Anibal Sanchez.

Quote:

Here's a guess about how the framework could work, by innings, in a good but not ideal situation for the Astros:
  • Greinke: 4
  • Cole 2 1/3
  • Harris 1 2/3
  • Osuna: 1
  • Urquidy, Peacock, Pressly: Extra innings

There you have it. As noted, the teams aren't really going to lay out their specific plan, but I've been watching these teams closely on a daily basis for a while and this is how I expect things to unfold, dependent upon production of course.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
aTm2004
AG
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/30/world-series-predictions-game-7

After the whole fiasco with the locker room celebration, the SI reporter who went on the warpath against the Astros picks them to win game 7 5-3

Quote:

World Series Game 7 Predictions: Who Has the Edge in Astros-Nationals Finale?
SI STAFF1 HOUR AGO

A nine-month journey that began in February is finally ending Wednesday night in Houston. A 7-2 Nationals win in World Series Game 6 means we'll reach the do-or-die Game 7 for the fifth time this decade, opposing former Cy Young winners Zack Greinke and Max Scherzer.

This is when baseball is at its best. So who has the edge in the season's final game? SI's MLB staff weighs in below.

Stephanie Apstein: Astros 5, Nationals 3
Max Scherzer's dramatic return is marred by a George Springer home run, and eventually the bullpen gives up the lead.

irish pete ag06
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

To all the very cool people I've talked baseball with on here since July or so, especially the ones who remember the 86 NLCS and have a love for baseball history, just wanted to say enjoy the game tonight, win or lose, it's still Game 7 of the World Series for our beloved franchise.

Decided to sit out this thread for the game tonight, I never thought I'd see a bigger group of angry band waggoner idiots than the zoo, but the ones here take the cake and make the thread pretty sh**y to read through .Hope to come back on and celebrate the win after .

Should we make a non-bleeder slack or group text message? I'm only half kidding.
irish pete ag06
AG
AccidentProne said:

Farmer1906 said:

AccidentProne said:

Tonight I am an Astros fan.

Good luck!

I worked for the Astros organization before working for the Rangers
spadilly
S
Teddy Perkins
AG
WES2006AG
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

I have never once heard that sip is a Stros fan. Has he even been to MMP?
AgHawkeye
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Now that tu sucks he is looking for a new team to attach to. He'll probably try to sneak into the dugout and onto the field to celebrate a win.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Just got a single in 253 - right where Alvarez is gonna send one tonight!!!

I'll be right there with ya. Scored section 253 single on the astros website today
gigemJTH12
AG
Idgaf about MM calling out play ball. He ain't an Astros fan and won't bring any bad juju.
bearkatag15
AG
Mattress Mack got 1 final bet in before tonight's game. His betting totals riding on tonight are insane. Rovell's article says the value of the mattress promotion is north of $20M.

Teddy Perkins
AG
That is awesome. Hope the Stros pull it off, Mack's gets great publicity and covers some of his loss, and lots of Houstonians get free mattresses.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Jomboy breaking down Stras' pitch tipping in the 1st.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Part of the chess match to keep an eye on tonight.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Just got a single in 253 - right where Alvarez is gonna send one tonight!!!

I'll be right there with ya. Scored section 253 single on the astros website today

251 for me! Speeding to Houston from San Antonio!
Farmer1906
AG

Zack Greinke - Gnat Killer
Mr.Bond
AG
For what it's worth Im pretty sure McConaughey is a noted Astros fan...... Been interviewed by Julia before. EdTv movie mentioned going to the astrodome as a kid, also had an Oilers koozie on his necklace
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
WES2006AG said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I have never once heard that sip is a Stros fan. Has he even been to MMP?
He's such a huge fan, he mentions going to lots of Dodger's games when in LA and Rangers' games when back in Austin. And not once, while at a game the Astros are playing, does he mention the Astros.

https://www.mlb.com/astros/video/mcconaughey-at-fenway/c-35442595
bearkatag15
AG

Nats Pitching Coach on Max tonight.
tjack16
AG
they released more singles today than normal... and all at once it seems like. They must not have been expecting a game 7
MaxPower
I'm 0-4 when attending WS games so I decided to sell my tix tonight to give the local 9 a shot.......
Liquid Wrench
tjholley16 said:

they released more singles today than normal... and all at once it seems like. They must not have been expecting a game 7
They were holding some back as incentives for buying 2020 season tickets. Not sure if that's what these were.
Ag12thman
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Zack Greinke - Gnat Killer

He also showed he won't put up with their *****
First Page Last Page
Page 2047 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.