***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,916,858 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Sucks but we'll be fine! This team hates losing
Couldn't tell by the way the offense is playing right now.
Bregxit
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Wasn't able to post during the game and couldn't read the thread, so was probably already disappoitned, but our base running outside of Tucker's tag-up, sucked.

If Springer is legging it out instead of watching his pretty fly ball, he ends up at third and we're in the 10th inning right now.

If Springer legs it out he is hung up between 1st and 2nd because Tucker was standing on 2nd tagging up.
BD88
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Big Daddy88 said:

Nats can hit. Our bats are *****

You are such a *****.
You weaklings take this personally dont you?
#SwanSongSZN
CFTXAG10
AG
At the very least Tucker gets to pinch hit over Diaz the rest of the series. Diaz has been garbage all postseason.
Beat40
kb2001 said:

Bregxit said:

DVC2010 said:

96ags said:

Bregman saw good pitches tonight because Yuli is heating up.....

He did nothing with it.

Bregman saw no more than 2 good pitches tonight. Standing in stadium crowds now, but I'll fact check that later.

And I believe he had 7 balls that were called strikes. Hard to work with that.
Hard to work with, yes. But he's also been watching too many pitches, and he's getting too worked up over close ones. He needs to forget about letting balls go by and start swinging at pitches he can hit

I do believe he is letting those borderline pitches get to him a bit more than he should. He has not looked comfortable at the plate all postseason to this point.

He definitely needs to swing at pitches he can hit. I still can't believe he let that 2-1 center-cut 92 mph fastball go without a swing.
6-4-3
AG
If Springer is on 3rd base the Altuve fly out likely scores him. He shouldn't be pimping a ball deep in the gap unless he is absolutely positive it is a no doubt home run.
titanmaster_race
Nuke LaLoosh said:

The night the Astros best players choked away a World Series

fullback44
AG
Left 11 guys on... you get a couple placed hits and we win...

Reload and get after them like we did the Yankees ...
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

At the very least Tucker gets to pinch hit over Diaz the rest of the series. Diaz has been garbage all postseason.

He didn't get it tonight because of the L-L match up.
AustinAg2K
W said:

Correa needs to get it going at the plate too. He's become very one true outcome oriented. Home runs or nothing.

had 3 RISP at-bats tonight...posted 0 RBI

He had a nice hit in the 7th that would have driven in a run if not for a great play by their SS. Beyond that, though, yeah, he's sucked.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Wasn't able to post during the game and couldn't read the thread, so was probably already disappoitned, but our base running outside of Tucker's tag-up, sucked.

If Springer is legging it out instead of watching his pretty fly ball, he ends up at third and we're in the 10th inning right now.

If Springer legs it out he is hung up between 1st and 2nd because Tucker was standing on 2nd tagging up.

This is a horrible take. It was criminal for springer to not be on third.
96ags
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Dude, the only way Tucker gets a hit is if a pitcher throws a fastball directly into that long ass swing. He can't see more than on at bat or pitchers will abuse him.

Like his speed and defense, but his swing is not good.
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

He didn't get it tonight because of the L-L match up.

Isn't he pretty good against lefties though?
Beat40
Weekend Commuter said:

If Springer is on 3rd base the Altuve fly out likely scores him. He shouldn't be pimping a ball deep in the gap unless he is absolutely positive it is a no doubt home run.

But let's not put this all on Springer. He accounted for 2 of the 4 runs tonight. I'm not going to say he shouldn't have been watching that ball, but there is plenty more lack of hitting with RISP to go around before we lay this loss at Springer's feet.
DVC2010
AG
Bregxit said:

DVC2010 said:

96ags said:

He did nothing with it.

Bregman saw no more than 2 good pitches tonight. Standing in stadium crowds now, but I'll fact check that later.

3 pitches to hit and tons of called strikes on and around the corners.
iBrad
AG
Hoping for a Springer like turn around for Bregman this series.
Unemployed
AG
Let it all out, guys.

Go get 'em tomorrow.
Bregxit
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

So would he have just run past Tucker? This is a very confusing take...unless you are saying George should have busted it out of the box AND Tucker didn't screw up by tagging? In which case I agree.
kb2001
AG
Beat40 said:

kb2001 said:

Bregxit said:

DVC2010 said:

96ags said:

He did nothing with it.

Hard to work with, yes. But he's also been watching too many pitches, and he's getting too worked up over close ones. He needs to forget about letting balls go by and start swinging at pitches he can hit

I do believe he is letting those borderline pitches get to him a bit more than he should. He has not looked comfortable at the plate all postseason to this point.

He definitely needs to swing at pitches he can hit. I still can't believe he let that 2-1 center-cut 92 mph fastball go without a swing.
Agreed. He has let so many like that go right by him this postseason (ALCS and WS), though. Sadly, that last AB was part for the course since the ALDS.

It's almost like the tipped pitches from Glasgow have him thinking too much now. He was crushing the ball in the ALDS before that, he hasn't looked like a good hitter since then. Not comfortable at all
the last of the bohemians
Bregman has to adjust and go opposite field on those outside strikes. If they are going to keep calling two inches off plate a strike do what Springer does with those pitches. He takes them nonstop and is guaranteed to get one in that location every at bat because that is clearly the current book on him.
agproducer
AG
Two plays hurt the Astros:

Springer watching the ball on the double and the botched catcher's interference.
eATMup-Reveille
Weekend Commuter said:

Yep, so even when he FINALLY goes WITH the outside pitch, he still screws it up.
TexasRebel
AG
DVC2010 said:

Bregxit said:

DVC2010 said:

96ags said:

He did nothing with it.

No bad calls. One bad swing.
6-4-3
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I agree. No chance he would've come close to passing the tagging Tucker. May have trailed him by 15 feet but wouldn't have gotten hung up between first and second. He should have hustled out of the box. Having him on third changes the inning.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Tomorrow will be tough we need Vintage Verlander and somehow need to stop Strasburger from throwing a complete game
Beat40
Need a solid game from JV tomorrow.

Really need some timely hitting tomorrow. It does feel like the bats are really, really close though.

Correa unlucky with the great play by Turner. Altuve just missing the double down the 3rd base line. Brantley hitting into poor opposite field luck. No one on base for Yordon in any of the ABs he got a hit.
Ag_07
AG
Yep

Even those called strikes on the border aren't worth swinging because chances are your rolling over it or catching them on the end of the bat.

The great hitters watch strikes because it's just not worth the likely result.
jr15aggie
AG
I still have no idea how, with Springer on 2nd, that ball hit by Brantly didn't find open space. No way in hell the LF should have been shading that way.

They were lucky aholes is what it was. We put the bat to the ball all game long.
Bregxit
AG
TexasRebel said:

DVC2010 said:

Bregxit said:

DVC2010 said:

96ags said:

He did nothing with it.

No bad calls. One bad swing.

If that chart is accurate then the ingame box is definitely wrong.
Frok
AG
Has the non-juiced ball killed our offense?
TexasRebel
AG
Bregxit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

So would he have just run past Tucker? This is a very confusing take...unless you are saying George should have busted it out of the box AND Tucker didn't screw up by tagging? In which case I agree.

Springer would have just passed first when the ball hit the wall.

Tucker was on 2nd.
Ags #1
AG
I think not getting hits with runners on base has
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Frok said:

Has the non-juiced ball killed our offense?
it didn't stop Soto or Zimmerman...
Deluxe
AG
The loss hurts, but I think we can all agree that Tucker's big time clutch performance made it all worth it. Great piece of hitting on the base knock to center field. Took second on a heads up tag play. Then uses his jets to score from second. Kyle Tucker represented all that is right about the 2019 Astros tonight.
TXAG14
In the post game Hinch said he didn't see Springer out of the box on the double. Boy is he gonna be pissed when he goes back to watch the film.
First Page Last Page
Page 1753 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.