***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,880,425 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Wow! From a team nobody cared about for years, to the enemy of baseball... we made it boys and girls!!!!
True. They hate ya when they ain't ya!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Wabs said:

cpsencik04 said:

crowman2010 said:

BowSowy said:

Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.

Peacock and Urquidy would be on the roster no matter what. This comes down to Straw vs Devo/Abreu/Rondon. I like have that insane speed guy in your back pocket. Hinch likes having the extra pitcher just in case. That's fine, was just hoping for Straw.
Jake's been the guy he's opted for in a pinch run situation. I don't think we need two pinch runners
You're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. You get Yordan on base, you PR with Jake...then Chrinos gets on...you PR with Straw...George doubles, you win.

Therefore...I think you're wrong
You wouldnt PR for Yordan if he wasnt the winning run....thats just bad baseball
He'd be the tying run and absolutely you PR him for Yordan.
If you have one person to be a PR, you do not do it for the tying run on first base. If you know you are going to have to run for the catcher to win the game you wait to make a change...just my opinion. of the two Yordan runs much better so id rather the one PR'er to be for the slower guy...
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So funny and true
Buck Compton
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Wabs said:

cpsencik04 said:

crowman2010 said:

BowSowy said:

Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.

Peacock and Urquidy would be on the roster no matter what. This comes down to Straw vs Devo/Abreu/Rondon. I like have that insane speed guy in your back pocket. Hinch likes having the extra pitcher just in case. That's fine, was just hoping for Straw.
Jake's been the guy he's opted for in a pinch run situation. I don't think we need two pinch runners
You're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. You get Yordan on base, you PR with Jake...then Chrinos gets on...you PR with Straw...George doubles, you win.

Therefore...I think you're wrong
You wouldnt PR for Yordan if he wasnt the winning run....thats just bad baseball
He'd be the tying run and absolutely you PR him for Yordan.
If you have one person to be a PR, you do not do it for the tying run on first base. If you know you are going to have to run for the catcher to win the game you wait to make a change...just my opinion. of the two Yordan runs much better so id rather the one PR'er to be for the slower guy...
You ABSOLUTELY run for the tying run in the bottom of the 9th. It's not a debate.

You're playing to win it in nine. It's perfectly okay to go to extras in that inning. Your most important goal is to score one run. If you don't, you lose. Period. Worry about the second when you get there. Focus won't be on the trailing runner anyway.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Back when they were the disastros for a few years when I was in high school. Still very fun. Not nearly as easy as you might think. 12+ hour days but well worth it. A ton of fun to be had in an empty ballpark.

Fun fact: They get player shares and rings.. I know a few people in the clubhouse still.. kids raked multiple hundreds of thousands in '17 and almost 200 in '05
Mr.Ackar07
annie88 said:

Direct quote fro MLB announcer not 10 minutes ago:

"This organization had/has some problems with humanity in general. I love this team on the field. Let's not forget barred a reporter from Detroit earlier in the season because they didn't like stuff he'd written about JV.

That was against the rules, ... .... this again, even if we buy the Astros initial story are they ok with a guy just yelling across the room at reporters in a scatalogical way over and over, by the way during a celebration, where is your mind at? This is just bad behavior. MLB has investigators come here to look at this and I would be surprised if there is not some strong discipline to it.

The other guy was more tempered.

So now the Astros have problems with humanity. Good grief. Such BS. So overblown.
Dang, I must have dreamed about all of the community service outreach the players and management did during Harvey.
Mr.Ackar07
HoustonAg15 said:

Back when they were the disastros for a few years when I was in high school. Still very fun. Not nearly as easy as you might think. 12+ hour days but well worth it. A ton of fun to be had in an empty ballpark.

Fun fact: They get player shares and rings.. I know a few people in the clubhouse still.. kids raked multiple hundreds of thousands in '17 and almost 200 in '05
Can I quit my job and be a full time BB? Is there an age limit?
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Right? Most are in high school. Yankees and Braves were the only teams I remember that the people did it as like careers.
annie88
AG
So is Orbit the new Jar Jar?

newsjunkie
I've always wanted the job of driving the train!
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
Johnsy3
AG
07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Most Likely: Cole
Darkhorse: Yuli
Most likely: altuve stays hot
dark horse: greinke, who picks up W's in games 3 and 7 and hits a bomb
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Bobby Vasquez
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypJdBoPeedKW?q=mlbonfox

Astros BP
dshedd41
S
Thanks. Listening to bleaccher blums while watching this!
http://soundcloud.com/user-993721358/bleacher-blum-41
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Can I quit my job and be a full time BB? Is there an age limit?

Hell no

Have you seen our BB lately? Dude looks like he's doing this as a side gig for extra beer money.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
They don't make 'em like they used to.
Beat40
I keep refreshing this page! I am so ready for first pitch!
HossAg
AG
annie88 said:

You are wrong.

Sick argument, bro.
bullard21k
AG
HossAg said:

annie88 said:

You are wrong.

Sick argument, bro.

She's not a bro.
HossAg
AG
She's wrong either way, sorry I didn't reference the right gender.
MexAg05
AG
Just posting to say LFG!!
BrokeAssAggie
HossAg said:

She's wrong either way, sorry I didn't reference the right gender.

Teddy Perkins
AG
Quote:

Game 1 Alan Porter

Porter will be making his World Series umpiring debut by calling balls and strikes for the Max Scherzer-Gerrit Cole matchup. Porter is in his 10th season as an umpire. This season was one in which he had the most hitter-friendly strike zone of his career and one of the most hitter-friendly zones in baseball, per our Strike Zone Runs Saved metric.

The Nationals' Scherzer has a 60-to-9 strikeout-to-walk ratio with Porter in the regular season, but all eight of his starts came before 2019. Cole had one start with Porter this season. He's had four in his career, registering 20 strikeouts against six walks.

Most important tendencies: A three-year look at Porter's trends shows an umpire who calls fewer strikes than his peers on down-and-in pitches to left-handed batters and on pitches at or above the top of the strike zone to right-handed hitters. Porter also ranks among the least likely umpires to call a batter out on a close two-strike pitch, so both starters will likely have to earn their strikeouts.
Behind the balls and strikes

Good disciplined approach at the plate with favor the Stros allowing us to get into the Nats' pen. Hopefully Cole has his good swing and miss stuff going this game.

Also, be prepared for lots of *****ing about the zone.
Threadbare
annie88 said:

It actually stated that one of these female reporters was "shaken". Are you ****ing kidding me? If that shakes someone they have no business being in a sports locker room and honestly I don't think female reporters we should be anyway, but that's another topic.

This new generation of reporters and media people are so weak and both heart and mind it's disgusting. Life is apparently just too much for them to handle

They're pissed off at New York lost and they're trying to make up **** and skew the story to their liberal metoo BS.. There was no intent for him to say this towards women. This whole thing is bull*****
There is no status in today's society more powerful than victimhood.

So, of course there is a proliferation of victims.

There is literally no other possible outcome...
HossAg
AG
Lmao, she can be a ****** for all I care. Our assistant GM or whatever TF he is is an absolute dumbass for letting this happen.
Post removed:
by user
Teddy Perkins
AG
Marvin
AG
This is insane. Where did all these fans come from?!
maca1028
Juan Soto can shuffle out of the box and and grab his nut sack on national tv but our assistant GM cannot loudly praise Osuna in the locker room. Deal with it!
wangus12
AG
How come Julia wasn't offended by these hurtful comments?
astros4545
AG
She never gets turned down by the Astros players

This Ny reporter got turned down for a date
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
irish pete ag06
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

All class from AJ. Handled the question on the SI report the correct way.

That is some dad gum word crafting by AJ there. Love it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1698 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.