***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,871,589 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
World Series game day!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The charges were dropped by a Canadian court in exchange for a peace bond saying he won't have any contact with the victim. He then got a 75-day, no-pay suspension from MLB in 2018 before we traded for him.

In other words, he's done the crime and the time. Just like anyone else who has committed a crime, and I sadly include myself in that category, it lingers. People are going to keep bringing it up, and ESPECIALLY when you're famous.

I'm a former journalist too, although thankfully not during the Twitter-obsessive environment of today. The reporter saw two opportunities to get her name in the bright lights - ask Osuna about it and then make a big deal about what Taubman said. She's got freedom of speech and while I find her timing disappointing, they gave her a credential, giving her the right to ask questions and report on what she sees. She shouldn't need video evidence to report things, we did all right for 100+ years of sportswriting before everyone had a cell phone that could record stuff.

Taubman is the sole problem here, and the Astros' judgement. You shouldn't have anyone executives past Luhnow, Reid Ryan, and Crane in the clubhouse during something like this. Those are the guys in the public spotlight every day who know how to handle themselves professionally. You're putting an unknown commodity into a situation where alcohol is present, the media is present, and everyone else is chug-a-lugging. Give that guy a giant reprimand, tell him to keep his mouth shut in every situation except when he's at work, and decided what to do with him later, like on the day of the Super Bowl or something when nobody will give a f***.
E
AG
Was the journalist even around when we signed Osuna? I'm guessing no as she'd definitely realize the sh*tstotm the Astros went through.

I also like how she goes out of her way to mention her friends domestic violence bracelet... like everyone around her, while just winning the ALCS, popping champagne, celebrating is gonna stop and be like "everyone stop, take notice she's got a bracelet on". Just added spin.

And did she even mention what might have caused him to say what he said, or just that he mentioned it? Sounds like they could have antagonized Osuna at a bad time like during a celebration.
BullSprig07
AG
Taubman and I's kids are at the same day care. I'll see if I can catch him at drop off this morning!
BMX Bandit
Water Turkey07 said:

Taubman and I's kids are at the same day care. I'll see if I can catch him at drop off this morning!

I'm sure he'll be anxious to chat about it this morning!
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, for his sake, you'd better have your phone out and recording to make sure his statement is accurate.
gigemJTH12
AG
Alright, its the WORLD SERIES and its gameday. That dumbass article isnt going to take another second of our discussion. Time to talk baseball.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Quote:

You shouldn't have anyone executives past Luhnow, Reid Ryan, and Crane in the clubhouse during something like this.
What?

The staff that helped assemble the team that just made it to the World Series shouldn't be celebrating in the locker room with their team?

I get your point about maybe limiting their interaction with the media but no way in hell would I prevent those guys from being apart of the celebration.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
We sticking with Rally Kate? Kelsey Gil is a Houston native IG model that could bring out the big wood tonight if we need it
Frok
AG
I saw that story pop up last night and didn't even click on it. Pretty obvious she is trying to make something out of nothing to generate clicks. Just ignore it.
titanmaster_race
Forgiven_Ag said:

We sticking with Rally Kate? Kelsey Gil is a Houston native IG model that could bring out the big wood tonight if we need it

You don't change what got you to the world series!
BowSowy
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Jimbos Cow said:

So the wife just surprised me with two world series tickets to Game 4!!! I live in VA so DC is the closest team to me. Hopefully we sweep the Nats and I can see the celebration live! #TakeItBack!,!

Wow!! You need to pleasure her as a thank you. Sounds like you got a keeper!
What a weird response
iBrad
AG
So a reporter went into a locker room looking for a story and asked enough probing questions to elicit an emotional response from someone during a time when emotions were already high and there was alcohol present.

Sounds like a bad situation all around. Shame on everyone involved, from the reporter to Taubman. National headlines for what really is a non-story. You have to love our society these days.
gigemJTH12
AG
this morning I was thinking about the Nats layoff. Its been a week since they have played and they are about to face Cole and Verlander.

So if we get peak performance out of our aces, and they dont hit either of them. You can tack on another 3 days.

10 days without squaring up on a pitch in a game is an eternity.
agsquirrel97
AG
World Series game 1, got my ticket, F the haters, LFG

WoooHooo!
irish pete ag06
AG
My last post about this.

That article mentions she was wearing the purple end domestic violence bracelet like it's a damn military uniform or something.

I'd never even heard of it until that article.
ccaggie05
AG
It's funny how all these morons on Twitter who hate sports suddenly care when there is some sort of social justice or political message to push.

I really hope the bottom falls out of this crap at some point.

**** the haters. Go Astros!
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

As for the 48 hour delay: an article like that with those accusations had to go through several hoops. The reporter had to write it. Her editor had to approve it/edit it. Since the reporter was part of the story and it is inflammatory, SI's legal consultants had to determine the risk of libel. That would constitute the delay.
Not in today's media. Shoot first, aim later. Facts be damned if it furthers a "discussion."
Ag_07
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

this morning I was thinking about the Nats layoff. Its been a week since they have played and they are about to face Cole and Verlander.

This is HUGE

They were a team shocking the world running purely on momentum.

If it were the Dodgers sitting around it wouldn't be a big deal but so much of their success lately was off momentum. Now that's gone and they're gonna have to recreate that against the 2 best pitchers on the planet.

Good luck with that.

Stros in 5
We win 1/2, lose 3, win 4/5
Cole pitches lights out in Gms 1 and 5 and gets the MVP then rides his white horse off into the distant sunset leaving us with nothing but another banner to hang
Wabs
AG
Mother Effing GAMEDAY!!!

Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

Stros in 5
We win 1/2, lose 3, win 4/5
Cole pitches lights out in Gms 1 and 5 and gets the MVP then rides his white horse off into the distant sunset leaving us with nothing but another banner to hang
Bold...

Stros in six
We split 1/2, win three, five and six
W
AG
there is a "deep state" media in MLB too. Held the story until the night before the game.

not happy when the Yankees don't advance.
Ag_07
AG
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

She shouldn't need video evidence to report things, we did all right for 100+ years of sportswriting before everyone had a cell phone that could record stuff.
100% disagree. In today's political climate and how often things are taken out of context or proven false once the video evidence comes out, I want proof before I believe your claim. You think we did alright before cell phones, but have you thought about how much of that was BS?
07ag
AG
stros in 7, because that's the only game i have tickets for

(thanks Texaggie7nine!)
https://ts.la/eric59704
1836er
AG
Wow. If that's true she should have never been granted press access to the locker room (as would have been the case for any other identifiable activist/protestor).
Post removed:
by user
Big Al 1992
AG
Everyone should go back and read Mazag's very first post that started this thread. So excited to start the season but man did we have a lot to grind out - slow start watching the Mariners (seriously - the Mariners!) take an early lead in the division. Slow start for Altuve, then DL. 4-5 start for Cole. Injuries to Springer and Correa. A couple cold streaks and a couple 10 game win streaks. Altuve returns to form. Miley on Fire. Got Maldonado back. Kempin' Aint easy Time was over. Got Greinke. Sanchez and company no-no. Air Yordan. Bone breaking massages. JV no-no. Sanchez hurt. Pressley surgery. Miley collapse. Home field advantage, wait - just lost home field. Clinched division. Clinched home field again. Elimination game against TB. Win ALDS. Correa walk off. Altuve walk off. Win ALCS.

And it's all gotten us to exactly where we wanted to be today. Astros are hosting Game 1 of the World Series.

What a ride! Let's Go!! Take it Back!!!
Bobby Jimbo
AG
W said:

there is a "deep state" media in MLB too. Held the story until the night before the game.

not happy when the Yankees don't advance.
Yep. And they waited until they started losing games to bring up the sign-stealing/whistling allegations. The timing is a little too convenient.
Post removed:
by user
The Milkman
AG
When do they give refunds for tickets purchases for games that dont happen? After the World Series is over?
Frok
AG
Scherzer has only one hiccup in the postseason so far and it was his very first outing in the wild card game. What a pitching matchup for tonight.
WES2006AG
AG
The Milkman said:

When do they give refunds for tickets purchases for games that dont happen? After the World Series is over?
I believe so and if they are anything like the Rockets last season it will take a few weeks for the refund to occur.
Al Bula
AG
Northeastern lib reporters are the worst. This is not about sexual assault; it's about getting their names out there so they can ride the 15 minutes to something bigger. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Apparently two of the "reporters" and I can't keep a straight face calling them that are Hannah Keyser and Stephanie Apstein. Both live in NY.

Textbook virtue signaling.
Ag_07
AG
I think we know what we're gonna get out of Cole and JV in Gms 1 and 2 but Grienke is a bit different. So I went and looked at his career numbers in Nationals Park

He's made a total of 4 starts...

2013 w LAD - 6 IP, 7 hits, 3 BBs, 3 Ks, 0 HRs, 1 R (1 ER)
2014 w LAD - 3 IP, 5 hits, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, 2 R (2 ER),
2015 w LAD - 8 IP, 3 hits, 1 BB, 11 Ks, 0 HRs, 0 R
2019 w ARI - 7.1 IP, 2 hits, 0 BB, 3 Ks, 0 HRs, 0 R

Safe to say I think he's comfortable there.
First Page Last Page
Page 1690 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.